Nidoqueen(QC 0/3)(BW2 Revamp)

Placeholder, will do later.
Making the EV spread 248 HP/16 Def/152 SpDef/92 SpAtk to avoid 2HKO from scarf thundy's hp ice and cb terrak's CC.

My analysis is two years old

[Overview]
  • Faces competition from Landorus-T and Gliscor for a teamslot as a defensive Ground-type
  • Faces competition from Tentacruel as a Poison-type that can lay down and absorb Toxic Spikes
  • Manages to carve out a niche as a defensive Ground-type that can also lay down and absorb Toxic Spikes while acting as a great switch-in to Pokemon like Terrakion, Toxicroak, and Conkeldurr
  • Has a good offensive presence due to Sheer Force, which its aforementioned competitors aside from Landorus-T lack
  • Immune to both Toxic and Thunder Wave, which means it can switch in on status spreaders easily
[SET]
name: Support
move 1: Toxic Spikes / Stealth Rock
move 2: Earth Power
move 3: Ice Beam
move 4: Thunderbolt / Fire Blast / Roar
item: Black Sludge
ability: Sheer Force
nature: Modest
evs: 248 HP / 92 SpA / 16 Def / 152 SpDef

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Nidoqueen's best set in the current meta
  • It is one of the most reliable Terrakion counters in the metagame while being able to check stuff like Thundurus-T
  • It separates itself from the likes of Landorus-T and Gliscor by being able to lay down and absorb Toxic Spikes while being a defensive Ground-type
  • While this is a defensive set, it has good offensive presence due to Sheer Force, which boosts its moves by 30%
[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
  • EV spread allows it to avoid the 2HKO from Life Orb Terrakion's Close Combat as well as Scarf Thundurus-T's Hidden Power Ice
  • Additional usable moves include Dragon Tail and Sludge Wave, but Nidoqueen is plagued by 4MSS
  • Toxic can be used for immediate status as well as crippling Rotom-W, which isn't affected by Toxic Spikes and switches in on it often
  • Jellicent makes for an excellent partner, resisting Water- and Ice-type moves and appreciating Toxic Spikes off the field while Nidoqueen is immune to Electric-type moves
  • Gyarados and Slowbro also make for good partners, the former resisting Water-type moves and being immune to Ground-type moves while the latter resists Water-, Ice- and Psychic-type moves
  • Politoed has decent synergy with Nidoqueen, and rain teams appreciate having an immunity to Electric-type moves
[Other Options]
  • Nidoqueen can use Super Fang, but it is hard pressed for moveslots
  • Nidoqueen gets access to the ability Rivalry, which can be used with a physically attacking spread, but the opponent having male Pokemon is a 50/50 chance
  • Life Orb in conjunction with a more specially oriented spread is usable, but it sacrifices Nidoqueen's bulk and Nidoking is usually better for those purposes
[Checks and Counters]
  • Rotom-W is immune to Toxic Spikes and Earth Power, resists Fire Blast and Ice Beam, and is only hit neutrally by Thunderbolt and Sludge wave while threatening Nidoqueen with STAB Hydro Pump
  • Blissey and Chansey can easily wall it but hate Toxic Spikes
  • Latias and Latios can use Substitute to avoid a possible Toxic, can setup Calm Mind and can Roost off the damage from an Ice Beam while more offensive variants can threaten Nidoqueen with STAB Psyshock
  • Rotom-H, though rare, resists every move Nidoqueen commonly carries aside from Sludge Wave and can hit it hard with STAB Overheat
Doing the other shit later

Last edited:

lab report ᐛ
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just noting for you that there are mentions of Gliscor outclassing it as a bulky ground type so make sure to refer to Landorus-Therian as well due to the fact that it has pretty much taken over Gliscor.

Nidoqueen is also the only Ground-type, sans the more fragile Nidoking, that can lay down Toxic Spikes, and the immunity to both Toxic and Thunder Wave should definitely be mentioned.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Emphasize Terrakion as a Pokemon it does well against. It's like half the reason to use Nidoqueen.

Nidoqueen is also the only Ground-type, sans the more fragile Nidoking, that can lay down Toxic Spikes, and the immunity to both Toxic and Thunder Wave should definitely be mentioned.
Yeah, but i don't think a twave immunity is important for a defensive mon, still mentioning that. Also does anyone have an idea about the EV spread other than the one i used in the OP(its modest nature btw)?
-Toxic spikes/SR
-EP
-Ice beam
-Tbolt
Does that set look OK? Imma do the whole thing now, so QC input is appreciated.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Nidoqueens analysis isn't 2 years old lol, unless iv been QC for 2 years which seems to have gone very fast.

I don't know why you want to change the set so much, as it stands is prolly what id run with Nidoqueen since you want the following...

-You pretty Much want Toxic Spikes cos Landorus-T is often a better SRer
-You pretty much want a phazing move to differentiate from Landorus-T
-You pretty much want as much bulk as you can

The only change id potentially suggest would be Fire Blast or something mentioned in the third slot (as well as the 3rd slot) because I would prolly want to run Ice Beam now with Landorus-T so common.

I don't even know WHY we are updating Nidoqueen anyway, since Landorus-T outclasses its main niche, which was SR + nice special attacks to discourage spinners + TERRAKION COUNTER, Landorus-T does 2 of these better, and can switch into more shit than Nidoqueen can so idk.

EDIT

why are you running Special Attack Evs, when you don't even bother to expain what they are even for...

Nidoqueens analysis isn't 2 years old lol, unless iv been QC for 2 years which seems to have gone very fast.

I don't know why you want to change the set so much, as it stands is prolly what id run with Nidoqueen since you want the following...

-You pretty Much want Toxic Spikes cos Landorus-T is often a better SRer
-You pretty much want a phazing move to differentiate from Landorus-T
-You pretty much want as much bulk as you can

The only change id potentially suggest would be Fire Blast or something mentioned in the third slot (as well as the 3rd slot) because I would prolly want to run Ice Beam now with Landorus-T so common.

I don't even know WHY we are updating Nidoqueen anyway, since Landorus-T outclasses its main niche, which was SR + nice special attacks to discourage spinners + TERRAKION COUNTER, Landorus-T does 2 of these better, and can switch into more shit than Nidoqueen can so idk.

EDIT

why are you running Special Attack Evs, when you don't even bother to expain what they are even for...
Uhh, I saw the analysis, it was two years old. There have been some edits to it, though. SR is on the current set, I'll delete it out. I just threw the other EVs in SpAtk since Tentacruel outclasses it as a bulky Poison-type somewhat, so I was making use of its good power.
Any changes I should make?

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
You can't be serious.

The actual revamp attempt was one thing (misguided at best; Nidoqueen was updated in SCMSed as of February of 2013) - but your attitude is absolutely unacceptable. Why did you come up with an arbitrary spread? Why did you change the main set? Why didn't you consult anybody on these changes, and why haven't tried justifying any of these changes?!? You claim that Nidoqueen needs any revamp, but your only justification is the analyses "age." Most of the content that needs changing is topical (ex: gliscor ---> Landorus-T, mention Keldeo etc) and for gods sake, it's fucking Nidoqueen (a Pokemon who's barely at the cusp of being viable) there isn't a huge demand for it. But worst of all, you completely sidestepped ginganinja's question. (Who was the one that handled the SCMS update, and most likely more experienced with Nidoqueen than you are) Nidoqueen definitely needs some changes, but this is the wrong way to go about it.

This obsession with trying revamp as many analyses as possible has got to stop. It's transparent, and it doesn't help anybody. I already told you via PM that QC will collectively decide which analyses will get revamps, and as a rule of thumb it doesn't hurt to PM us beforehand.

I'm shutting this down, please don't do this again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)