Kyurem-B (QC 1/3) (Taken Over)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

What's cooler than being cool?

Props to Nollan for making the skeleton :)

[Overview]
  • Sports higher bulk than other Dragons
  • Massive 170 base attack
  • Lacks reliable physically-based Ice STAB
  • Weak to a variety of attacks

[SET]
name: Mixed Attacker
move 1: Dragon Claw / Outrage
move 2: Fusion Bolt
move 3: Earth Power / Ice Beam
move 4: Protect
item: Life Orb / Dragon Gem
nature: Naughty
evs: 252 Atk / 44 SpA / 236 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Dragon Claw is nice for swiping the head of a specific target, but Outrage is great for nondiscriminatory destruction of opponent's team.
  • Fusion Bolt to wreck bulky Water-types and offer overall good neutral coverage with Kyu-B's Dragon STAB, leaving a dent on most Steel-types
  • With 44 SpA & LO boost, CUBE's Earth Power OHKOs max HP Heatran.
  • Enough Speed to outrun Jolly Mamoswine and Adamant Landorus-T
[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
  • If Kyurem-B chooses Ice Beam > Earth Power, it can run 20 SpA EVs instead of 44 to OHKO max HP Yache Landorus-T
  • Brave Nature with 236 HP if running Kyu-B with TR
  • Blizzard in Hail
  • Imprison
  • Haban Berry & Lonely to survive LO Kingdra's DM to have the ultimate offensive Rain check (Latios's Dragon Gem DM and stronger kills it though)
  • Expert Belt if 2 pussy for LO
  • Dragon Gem
  • Power Herb & Freeze Shock
  • Sitrus Berry

[SET]
name: Choice Band
move 1: Dragon Claw
move 3: Outrage
move 4: Ice Beam
item: Choice Band
nature: Adamant
evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Immediate power, a lot of power.
  • Dragon Claw is primary STAB, and hits many Pokemon for neutral damage.
  • Fusion Bolt provides coverage, and hits bulky waters hard.
  • Rock Slide is for spread move, and hits pretty hard after Choice Band boost.
  • Ice Beam hits Landorus-T and provides extra coverage; Earth Power hits Steel-types, notably Heatran.

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
  • A fast spread of 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe with a Jolly Nature can be used if speed is preferred.
  • Enjoys teammates that can dispose Steel or Fighting types, as they give it trouble.

[SET]
name: Choice Scarf
move 2: Ice Beam
move 3: Fusion Bolt
move 4: Earth Power
item: Choice Scarf
nature: Naughty / Adamant
evs: 252 Atk / 104 SpA / 152 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Choice Scarf allows you to hit things like Latios before they hit you.
  • Rock Slide can be used over Ice Beam as a spread attack.
  • Earth Power provides necessary coverage against Steel-types.
[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
  • Given speed investment allows you to beat positive-natured base 130's with a Scarf boost, everything else is poured into Special Attack to boost offensive power.
  • If Rock Slide is chosen over Ice Beam, a spread of 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe would be preferred.
[Other Options]
  • Resist Berries; Chople and Haban Berry
  • Icy Wind
  • Substitute
  • Dual Screens
  • Sunny Day
  • Rain Dance
  • ChestoRest
  • Focus Blast is good for coverage against Steel-types, but Earth Power is generally more useful.
[Checks and Counters]
  • Almost any Steel-type, Scizor, Metagross, Excadrill, etc
  • Fighting types, particularly Breloom, Hitmontop, and Terrakion (Terrakion needs to watch out for Scarf sets, Breloom needs to be careful around bulky attacker sets)
  • Intimidate in general, Kyurem-Black hates losing its offensive power, Landorus-Therian and Hitmontop do the best at screwing it over
  • Faster Dragons, but they fear Scarf set, and need a safe switch in
  • As a last note, Kyurem-Black hates the majority of Sand teams, they spam Rock Slide, which makes it sad :(

Last edited:

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Changed the Choice Scarf set to "Choice" and added Choice Band as a slash.

I think this is the way to add CB, but if you guys disagree with me, say so. Also, I would love this to be checked...

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
CB deserves its own set since a scarf and band set play differently enough to warrant it and band kyurem-b is highly effective. will give a full check once you have one up. set order should probably be Standard > CB > Scarf. Power Herb Freeze Shock is basically playing the same way as standard, so scrap that and give the power herb + freeze shock combo an ac mention in the standard skeleton.

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok good :) Now onto the rate:
  • Move Sunny Day so it gets its own spot in OO, not mentioned w/ screens
  • Outrage should be slashed somewhere on CB set. Not getting to choose a target sucks but it kills like everything it hits so not too bad. Probably in front of Rock since Rock Slide has redundant coverage w/ IB for the most part outside of a few threats
  • Mention Blizzard in AC of CB + CS sets for when you're using hail
  • Add Rain Dance to OO
  • This one's a bit iffy but I could see Iron Ball + Fling being cool in TR so I'd add it
  • Remove Hone Claws in OO. Even w/ RP/FM support it still lacks physical spread and you are generally better off just attacking with that turn
  • Add ChestoRest in OO. If you're using Kyurem-B for its great bulk + typing it can be cool to let it stick around longer and check stuff. Also lets you shrug off annoying burns + paras.
  • Focus Blast in OO to hit Rocks + Steels that are irritating
  • Things to mention for these sets: It enjoys speed control (dont mention in cs), heatran makes for a cool partner to beat steels and check opposing dragons, defiant mons are cool teammates to mess up intimidate, teams that like having pesky rain mons like rotom-w, ludicolo, and politoed eliminated will enjoy this mon, hitmontop is cool to block wide guards + suplement its bulk w/ intimidate + use feint to mess up protect users, rachi is cool to redirect moves and give hh support and it also has good synergy w/ kyu-b for the most part.
  • Stone Edge should get a mention somewhere to hit Fires, namely Volcarona + Ninetales
  • Add mention of HP Fire somewhere (probably AC of Standard) to roast steel types, especially the common Scizor
  • Mention a spread w/ enough Speed to beat Scarf Rotom-W in AC of Choice Scarf set
  • Change part about Kyu-B hating sand in C&C to just Kyu-B hating Rock Slide users, since most Sand teams are just Goodstuffs, which Kyurem-B does well against

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Man, these Kyurem-B are so tame - where the fuck are the manly Cubes at?!

Outrage is MANDATORY on CB Kyurem-B - why giving it some bitch-ass weak Rock Slide?!?! Drop Rock Slide to AC and add Outrage instead. Remove Earth Power, too, since that's really only for Heatran, which takes a load of damage from CB Fusion Bolt / Outrage anyways.

Not a fan of your "standard" set either. Do you really use a Sitrus Kyurem-B? I'd be ripping teams apart with a power-boosting item like LIFE ORB, doug >:0 With only 44 SpA EVs, LO Earth Power scores an OHKO on max HP Heatran, you dig?

I'd probably change the standard set to the following:

name: Non-Choiced Attacker (dont use Standard as a set name)
move 1: Dragon Claw / Outrage (hellz yea :mad:)
move 3: Earth Power / Ice Beam
move 4: Protect
item: Life Orb
nature: Naughty / Lonely
evs: 228 Atk / 44 SpA / 236 Spe

Set Comments:
- Fusion Bolt to wreck bulky Water-types and offer overall good neutral coverage with Kyu-B's Dragon STAB, leaving a dent on most Steel-types
- With 44 SpA & LO boost, CUBE's Earth Power OHKOs max HP Heatran.
- Dragon Claw is nice for swiping the head off of a specific target, but Outrage is great for nondiscriminatory destruction of opponent's team.
- Enough Speed to outrun Jolly Mamoswine and Adamant Landorus-T

AC mentions:
- If Kyurem-B chooses Ice Beam > Earth Power, it can run 20 SpA EVs instead of 44 to OHKO max HP Yache Landorus-T
- Brave Nature with 236 HP if running Kyu-B with TR
- Blizzard in Hail
- Imprison
- Haban Berry & Lonely to survive LO Kingdra's DM to have the ultimate offensive Rain check (Latios's Dragon Gem DM and stronger kills it though)
- Expert Belt if 2 pussy for LO
- Dragon Gem
- Power Herb & Freeze Shock
- Sitrus Berry

I'd like to hear more thoughts from other QC members, especially @Pwnemon, but if there's no major objection I'd like to go with these changes.

PS: Remove the ability row on every set, since Kyu-B is too dope to run anything other than Terravolt

Last edited:

Pocket

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Please flesh out your Overview - I'm pretty sure you have a LOT more to say about Kyurem-B than that. Provide more metagame information, offering specific examples of Pokemon that Kyurem-B is strong / weak against. Give a summary about the sets it can utilize. Here are some helpful instructions and examples that would help you beef up your Overview skelly.

Instructions:
http://puu.sh/4iAyW - by NixHex
http://puu.sh/4iAJA - by tennisace
http://puu.sh/4iAN0 - by Jukain
http://puu.sh/4iB1x - by Fuzznip

Examples:
http://puu.sh/4muh3.png - Iconic's OU Sharpedo
http://puu.sh/4iANA - RU Munchlax
http://puu.sh/4iB49 - Danilo's ADV Charizard
Icecream's Doubles Latios

Please update your Set Comments and AC of CB to address the changes (no mention of OUTRAGE :eek:)

Also finish removing the ability: terravolt row from every set, since it's unnecessary

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You're going to be hard pressed running Power Herb on the set called "Choice Band." :-P

Edit: ahhh i gotcha. Carry on Laga

Last edited:
I feel really guilty in that Laga is getting criticized a lot for my messy skeleton. :confused:

I think set #1 would be better off as "Mixed Attacker" or something like that; "Non-Choiced Attacker" is a p. silly name.

I'm also not sure about Outrage on the first set, either. An unpredictable move that locks you off of Protect sorta defeats the purpose of a non-Choice set, Outrage is best used on Choice Band Kyurem-B.

Finally, drop the AC mention of Choice Band in the Scarf set; now that there is an actual CB set it is no longer needed.

Apart from that, I know nothing about Kyu-B x_x

Well, looks good to me and no one else seems to have anything to say, so:

QC APPROVAL 2/3

Lets get 'er done

-EDIT-
Also, wait, why does the CB set use Power Herb? :v4:

...well just don't let my terrible skeleton ruin the write-up :p

Last edited:
name: Choice Band
move 3: Outrage
move 4: Ice Beam
item: Power Herb
nature: Adamant
evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
That was the first thing I noticed when looking at the Choice Band set.

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Overview

-Though Kyurem-B has the massive attack stat, it's still not a fan of intimidate users
-Mention that cube likes speed control if it's not running a choice scarf (though 95 base speed is fast, it's still kind of slow, slower then everyone other dragon)
-It doesn't lack reliable physical ice moves, it has 0 physical ice moves (saying lacks reliable to me means it has at least 1)

AC's 1st set

-Speed control, Tail Wind, Thunderwave, or Icy Wind, Pokemon that carry these
-Substitute, Kyurem-b is scary, even more so behind a sub

AC's 2nd set

-Mention Pokemon that actually deal with steels, Heatran Terrakion, Chandelure ect
- Lati Twins, Torn, Skymin, things that help deal with fighting types
- Speed control, If you can slow down Lati twins, Hydre, Salamence, Garchomp, Kyurem-B will be much happier

Pocket

I am re-assigning this, Laga, since this is a high priority analysis that should be on-site by now. Anybody who has got the time feel free to take this bby home.

If by the time I finish both of my current write-ups no one has taken this and if no one has there will certainly be some beheading, I will write it up.

-EDIT-
nvm

Last edited:

Stratos

Banned deucer.
ok i can't be the only person who thinks set comments and ac for the band and scarf sets (the best sets, imo) are.... lacking (actually it seems like the first set's lacking too) :|

nollan if you'd be so kind as to flesh out the skelly some more before you wrote this up with actual tips on how to use kyurem instead of what laga has here so we could make sure you don't leave out anything important

nollan if you'd be so kind as to flesh out the skelly some more before you wrote this up with actual tips on how to use kyurem instead of what laga has here so we could make sure you don't leave out anything important
To be fair, I wrote this while I was having some issues w/ my off-com life, which majorly accounts for the messiness. I'm done with Lando-T though, so I will take this over (Pen Ink if you want to do it instead lemme know and I'll hand it over to you)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)