Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder!

Forretress with Hidden Power Ice and (thankfully) no SpA investment.

I'll admit it does have a tiny bit of merit in hitting Pokes with a 4x weakness (Dragons specifically... ScarfMence takes about 60%). However, 3HKOing Landy-T and doing 25% MAX to my Hippo aren't getting you anywhere.
That's actually a standard set and is mentioned on the analysis. Gyro Ball is a generally better option, sure, but HP Ice lets you beat dragons and prevents Gliscor/Landorus-T setting up on you.

Also, this is the minimum Landorus-T is taking:

0 SpA Forretress Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 160-192 (41.88 - 50.26%) -- 44.14% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

However, Naive is common on defensive Landorus-T and more offensive variants don't run this much bulk.

I'll admit it does have a tiny bit of merit in hitting Pokes with a 4x weakness (Dragons specifically... ScarfMence takes about 60%). However, 3HKOing Landy-T and doing 25% MAX to my Hippo aren't getting you anywhere.
Sir, it is a legitimate, and even mentioned in the analysis (I believe) option for forry, my good sir.

lab report ᐛ
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Hidden Power Ice Forry is actually a really great Pokemon. Forretress can bring in all sorts of Pokemon like Gliscor, Landorus-T, Salamence, etc. they will all think it is free setup but Forry can dish major damage back. I use HP Ice Forry on my sun stall team except mainly due to my Gliscor / Lando-T weakness. You should try it out sometime.

For the record: 4 SpA Forretress Hidden Power Ice vs. 48 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 164-196 (49.54 - 59.21%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

When i get bored on the ladder, i like watching random battles in hopes that i see one that is good. but that never occurs. anyways, i was watching a battle recently and i saw physical tentacruel with knock off, swords dance, waterfall,and what i assume was poison jab. It actually fared quite well under the rain and ended up sweeping his opponent, but i was like.....the heck is this......

To be fair, Knock Off is used very often on Tangela in NU, so that's probably where he got the idea. tbh I think Knock Off is underrated, since no Pokemon enjoys losing an item.
I'm pretty sure he meant he was using tangela, and the other guy had a sand veil chomp.

no it means I used knock off with tangela and nothing dropped off chomp
I was like YEAH no choice scarf then nothing falls off

I didn't thank that part was too important haha, a bit more extra slap to the face because the knockoff hurt me more. I'm not even sure if it was 4% but it was some really low dmg.

The opponent had a Braviary no I was like oh that's cool. Then he used Hyper Beam on my Chansey, then used Heat Wave on it, then Fury Attack, then I was like: umm. what's its fourth move? and the person happily said: Fly ^^

And it was his last Pokemon so I just Siesmic Toss to kill it :/

Why not run Counter if you're worried about dragons? Wait for it to be locked in outrage, and counter. On a similar note, Rock Slide + EQ on Forretress with max atk investment is a great lure for a lot of things. Fire types, Magnezone, etc..

Back on topic for silly things: just came across a team of Durant + Dugtrio, nothing else. Durant knew entrainment/had truant. Dugtrio wasn't sashed.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Why not run Counter if you're worried about dragons? Wait for it to be locked in outrage, and counter. On a similar note, Rock Slide + EQ on Forretress with max atk investment is a great lure for a lot of things. Fire types, Magnezone, etc..

Back on topic for silly things: just came across a team of Durant + Dugtrio, nothing else. Durant knew entrainment/had truant. Dugtrio wasn't sashed.
I'll be honest here: Counter, Earthquake and Rock Slide are all pretty silly moves to see on a Forretress. Outrage isn't doing enough to Forretress for Counter to outdamage Gyro Ball (which hammers Kyurem-B way harder too), there is no need to Earthquake things like Magnezone and Heatran when you have the option to Volt Switch (which is why you even see Ferrothorn run Bulldoze, when it would much rather have a hit-and-run move like Forry), and Rock Slide hits....I dunno really, what are you trying to hit, Volcarona (that's pretty much it)? Giving up one of Forretress's moves for these gimmick attacks isn't worth it really, when you could run something like Toxic Spikes, Spikes, Stealth Rock, Volt Switch or Gyro Ball to fill that slot and do much more work on the opponent's team than these moves.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
252+ SpA Life Orb Weavile Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Tyranitar: 442-520 (129.61 - 152.49%)

Now compare that to what a Low Kick does to 252/252+ Defensive Tyranitar who has been baton passed an Automatize and Skill Swapped Light Metal while holding a Float Stone! (Comes out to a Base 60 move after all that, so I can just use Low Sweep.)

252+ Atk Life Orb Weavile Low Sweep vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tyranitar: 239-286 (59.15 - 70.79%)

gg

An ice mono team with toxic orb Sigilyph to cover the fighting weakness, he lost to my terrakion in 40 secs and then the guy called me hacker for some reason.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
An ice mono team with toxic orb Sigilyph to cover the fighting weakness, he lost to my terrakion in 40 secs and then the guy called me hacker for some reason.
Toxic Orb Sigilyph is an amazing strategy; it blocks paralysis and sleep moves quite well. You obv hacked because Terrakion is supposed to not get any rock moves, even though it's rock type apparently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)