Sharknado

Intro~
Hello everybody! I'm here with an OU rain offence team. Pokemon X/Y is coming soon, so why not make a final RMT before it arrives? Firstly, this team is based around a underrated rain sweeper, in the name of Sharpedo. I like to use thing's that aren't really seen in the OU Metagame. I hope that you will enjoy this team!
Team At Glance~

Team in Depth~

Politoed @ Water Gem
Trait: Drizzle
EVS: 4 HP / 252 spA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
-Hydro Pump
-Ice beam
-Psychic
-Perish Song
Here we go with the first member. There is no reason not to use politoed for a "Rain" team. If it wasn't for politoed, then i wouldn't be using sharpedo at all. Politoed is arguably sharpedo's favourite partner. Water Gem toed is a really cool set to use. I can bluff a choice set by spamming ice beam or psychic, and also lure in Tyranitar and ninetales which get's smashed by Hydro Pump. This really help's me to win the weather war and also making sharpedo more threatning. Hydro pump is politoed's STAB move. Water gem+ Rain boosted hydro pump hit's things like a truck as not a lot of poke's can switch into it. Ice beam give's him some neutral coverage. I went for Psychic over focus blast since i wanted politoed to hit toxicroak. Perish song can scare out poke's that like to set up on politoed.

Sharpedo @ Life orb
Trait: Speed Boost
EVS: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
Adamant Nature
-Waterfall
-Crunch
-Ice fang/Zen headbutt
-Protect
Oh boy, here come's the star of this team. As i said before, he is a very underrated sweeper. The main goal for sharpedo is to late game sweep. It will be pretty stupid to not use protect on the very first turn because being at +1 is always welcomed. Sharpedo pair's well with breloom and latias. Breloom can beat ferrothorn and rotom-W, while Latias can take on Keldeo. Waterfall is sharpedo's most powerful physical water type move. Paired up with rain, and it hit's things like a truck. Crunch is secondary STAB move as it hit's thing's that resist's waterfall; like the lati-twins. The 3rd move slot is up to you but i personally like using ice fang. Even though it is weak, it can still hit pokes such as Dragonite, Garchomp, Salamence etc. Why wouldn't you have protect?

Breloom @ Fighting Gem
Trait: Technician
EVS: 252 Atk / 252 spe / 4 Hp
Adamant Nature
-Bullet Seed
-Focus punch
-Mach punch
-Spore
Dam, this thing is really powerful and so effective. Spore+Focus Punch+Fighting gem is a really deadly combo. Breloom lure's in skarmory and straight out KOing it with focus punch+ Stealth rocks + Mach punch. Breloom also does a great job at destroying the Ferro/Cent/Tran defensive core and beating Rotom-W. I have Adamant nature over Jolly is to deal as much damage as possible. The EV spread is fairly standard. Bullet seed is a great STAB move to have with technician. Focus Punch is a very important move to when you're using a Fighting Gem breloom. Mach punch give's him a STAB priority move. No need to question why i have spore.......

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVS: 252 Spe / 252 Spa / 4 Hp
Timid Nature
-Draco Meteor
-Psyshock
-Surf
-Healing Wish/Sleep Talk
Ahh.... Scarf Latias. Imo, i think latias is better then Latios in this metagame due to her overall bulk and that she can take hit's from thundurus-T a tad better. Latias is a nice check to sun thanks to scarf. Latias can also beat Specs/Scarf keldeo which stop's sharpedo from sweeping. Latias also finish's off the Dark+Fighting+Psychic core with Sharpedo and Breloom. Draco Meteor is Latias most Powerful STAB move. It may not be as powerful as latios, but it still hit's thing's like a truck. Psyshock allows Latias to hit Keldeo and Venusaur really hard. Oh, and also damage the two pink blobs. Surf is there to hit heatran and it's also boosted by the rain. Healing Wish is a excellent move to have since my team really hate's being burned by scald. Sleep talk could also be used to be a good sleep inducer for breloom, but i think that Healing wish is better in this team.

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Trait: Thick fat
EVS: 252 spe / 252 atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
-Earthquake
-Ice shard
-Icicle spear
-Stealth rocks
Here is my 4th member: Mamoswine. Sharpedo would love the extra hazard damage that stealth rocks provides. Landorus-Therian was originally here, but there was a couple reasons why i chose mamoswine over Landorus-T. One of the reasons is that mamoswine can beat lead breloom's. Another thing is that mamoswine has access to ice shard which makes him a great dragon killer, and last but not least he can beat thundurus-T. Mamoswine can also beat tyranitar and ninetales . Earthquake is his main STAB move. Ice shard is a nice priority move to have since he could break of alakazam's focus sash and revenge kill dragon pokes. Icicle spear allows mamoswine to beat focus sashed breloom. The EV spread is pretty straight forward, 252 spe allows me to outspeed jolly breloom and timid venusaur.

Jirachi Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVS: 252 Hp / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Calm Nature
-Iron Head
-Thunder
-U-Turn
-Wish
Here is the last member of this team. Jirachi is on a lot of rain offence team and for good reason. . Specially Defensive Jirachi give's this team some defensive backbone by taking hit's from Draco or Outrage spam and special bulk overall. Jirachi is a nice check to alakazam,Gengar and also beating starmie. Iron head is there so jirachi can sit there and get some flinch haxs. Thunder allows jirachi to hit starmie and gyarados or otherwise, deal a lot of damage to my team.U-Turn give's this team some nice offensive momentum. Wish helps my team survivability. Wish + Healing wish really help's sharpedo to late-game sweep.
Conclusion~
Well, there you have it. I've had some great times with this team and i'm happy to show it of to you guys. If you have any suggestion's on what to take out/ add in, please let me know as all of them will be considered. Here is the importable:
Importable:
Code:
Politoed @ Water Gem
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Perish Song

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Protect

Breloom @ Fighting Gem
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Focus Punch
- Mach Punch
- Spore

Latias (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Healing Wish

Mamoswine (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Stealth Rock

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 224 SDef / 252 HP / 32 Spd
Calm Nature
- Iron Head
- Thunder
- U-Turn
- Wish

Last edited:

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey RiskvsRewardPlayer! This is a well-done RMT! I'll help you to improve your team.

Firstly, your Politoed set is very interesting. You make it extra bulky offensive Politoed? That seems very weird. Why don't you change 248 HP EVs -> 252 Speed EVs, since you're running a offensive set it makes no sense to not outspeed the stuff that you want to kill. Especially Tyranitar.

It seems that a lot of your pokemon are weak to the Ice/Electric type combo. This is a big deal, as the BoltBeam combination is a very popular offensive core that is used today. Several notable pokemon that use it are: Thundurus-T, Jirachi, and more. I suggest that you have a pokemon that can block these attacks.

I find that Landorus-T's set is pretty redundant, considering that stuff like Terrakion can do the job better at Double Dancing, etc. I suggest that you change Landorus to Mamoswine, with the set of Stealth Rock, Earthquake, ICe Shard, Icicle Crash. You can find the set on the Smogon analysis

Since there is a Stealth rock on Jirachi, you can remove it for a more useful option. Perhaps a U-turn will be a very good combination to use, for example if you use Wish, then you can U-turn out to something like Sharpedo so that his health will be restored to full. Stealth Rock -> U-turn on Jirachi

After these suggestions and improvements to your team, I think your team will be greatly improved and will work a lot better!

I hope I helped!

Hey RiskvsRewardPlayer! This is a well-done RMT! I'll help you to improve your team.

Firstly, your Politoed set is very interesting. You make it extra bulky offensive Politoed? That seems very weird. Why don't you change 248 HP EVs -> 252 Speed EVs, since you're running a offensive set it makes no sense to not outspeed the stuff that you want to kill. Especially Tyranitar.

It seems that a lot of your pokemon are weak to the Ice/Electric type combo. This is a big deal, as the BoltBeam combination is a very popular offensive core that is used today. Several notable pokemon that use it are: Thundurus-T, Jirachi, and more. I suggest that you have a pokemon that can block these attacks.

I find that Landorus-T's set is pretty redundant, considering that stuff like Terrakion can do the job better at Double Dancing, etc. I suggest that you change Landorus to Mamoswine, with the set of Stealth Rock, Earthquake, ICe Shard, Icicle Crash. You can find the set on the Smogon analysis

Since there is a Stealth rock on Jirachi, you can remove it for a more useful option. Perhaps a U-turn will be a very good combination to use, for example if you use Wish, then you can U-turn out to something like Sharpedo so that his health will be restored to full. Stealth Rock -> U-turn on Jirachi

After these suggestions and improvements to your team, I think your team will be greatly improved and will work a lot better!

I hope I helped!
Thank's for the rate Metal Sonic! The funny thing is that i was actually deciding if wanted to add in mamoswine since it seem's a lot of sense. I'll try out mamoswine again.

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Tell me if you have any questions or and improvements after implementing the changes! You could report how your team works better or worse after a day or two of testing and I'd be happy to help you fix them

Just a small thing, I personally like using Ice Beam on Sharpedo with a naughty nature, as it helps a lot against Landorus-T and other things. (Also, when I used Ice fang on a different team of mine, it missed twice in a row.)

Nice team you got here.

Personally i like my weatherinducers bulky, to win weather wars that is. So that would be my suggestion but since this is 'Rain Offence' i doubt you'd want to change that.
However if you find yourself loosing weather battles i would change politoed to a physical defensive set with toxic, protect, scald and encore. Encore can create alot of openings for your sharpedo to set up on (example obvious dragon dance encored , easy switch in for sharpedo (he can almost always ko whatever is dragon dancing before encore runs out) .

Other then that very nice team ^^ GL with it

Changing Mamoswines Icicle Spear to Icicle Crash would really help, you already get around Sashes with attack + Shard, otherwise this is an amazing team with my only other recommendation being making Politoed Specs possibly.

Sharpedo loves hazard support, so you might want to change Jirachi to a standard Ferrothorn set. That way, Sharpedo has a lot better chance of sweeping. I would recommend testing this first, however.

Changing Mamoswines Icicle Spear to Icicle Crash would really help, you already get around Sashes with attack + Shard, otherwise this is an amazing team with my only other recommendation being making Politoed Specs possibly.
I think Icicle Spear is mainly useful for one-shotting all the sashed Brelooms (and other leads like aerodactyl [it's a thing]) around. Other than that, it's less reliable, but I doubt Mamoswin will stick around for long anyways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)