Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
At first I was kind of disappointed by Doubledge but now it's kind of growing on me. The pink color is definitely nice and much better than Honedge's typical Steel-type color scheme.

I'm hoping thaf it learns of variety of slashing attacks, maybe even X-Scissor.

At first I was kind of disappointed by Doubledge but now it's kind of growing on me. The pink color is definitely nice and much better than Honedge's typical Steel-type color scheme.

I'm hoping thaf it learns of variety of slashing attacks, maybe even X-Scissor.
Its growing on me too. I actually like the colour change, the overall design is well done. Wonder what it would look like shiny?

I think the best thing about Doublade is the potential awesomeness of its portrayal in the Pokemon Adventures manga. In the manga, the Pokemon world is much more realistic in comparison to the games/anime. People and Pokemon get hurt and even die sometimes. Pokemon are used a bit more efficiently and sometimes used as weapons or objects to give more edges to battling.

Can anyone just imagine Honedge or Doublade being used as a weapon!? The possibilities are amazing!!! :D
See but then it would go against it's dex entry about honedge wrapping it's arm around you and eating your life force if you attempt to wield it.
I'd be pretty hype if Koga made a comeback whoopin ass with one

Reactions: PME
For me this is most likely most disappointing thing ever. I mean just a single Diglett almost as disappointing as it gets, but three Digletts? Oh god why would they give some hype to this thing.

For me this is most likely most disappointing thing ever. I mean just a two-headed Doduo almost as disappointing as it gets, but three heads? Oh god why would they give some hype to this thing.

For me this is most likely most disappointing thing ever. I mean just a single Magnemite almost as disappointing as it gets, but three Magnemites? Oh god why would they give some hype to this thing.
as much as I agree with this as a thing... and repetition is always funny...
Did they actually hype any of those three before or hell, even AFTER the games?

BTW one more thing about Doubledge - While his ability is cool, I see no real use for him on him unless he gets some cool low accuracy moves to abuse it. Because I really doubt he'll get something like DynamicPunch (well, no fists obviously, lol) or Zap Cannon (BIG maybe because some Steel types actually get this skill) or something different with really low accuracy, but so far I see nothing really promising here for him to use well so far, unless they introduce something cool which would fit him (like really strong slash move with low accuracy). And I'm pretty sure only slash skill which has less then 100% accuracy is Air Slash, which... well, pretty much never misses anyway (95% is pretty damn high) unless I'm missing something ?

Some people were slightly disappointed that the only other No Guard Ghost did not get Will-O-Wisp for accurate burning. That would be a good start.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I think Doublade looks kinda neat, really. It can also be regarded as more than just two swords fused by their sheats.

Try to avoid thinking of the faces of the sheats as separate faces, but see the entire Doublade as one face with eyes really far apart. Its expression looks kind of sad, but also determined.

Now, I wonder where its brain is. It is one single creature after all, so I expect the crest to house its mind. The blades are like hands, the wraps are its arms. Sheathed, it floats there like a Geodude, Magnemite, or perhaps more fitting, Gastly. Though, when deploying for battle, it becomes more like a Haunter, if its eyes had been on its hands. The crest/sheats remain the thinking part, but its eyes are on the swords. No wonder why one sword is always holding the crest tightly. If dropped, it would be both blind and defenseless, and it's the only part of the creature not made of steel or ghostly fabric.

Reactions: PME
BTW one more thing about Doubledge - While his ability is cool, I see no real use for him on him unless he gets some cool low accuracy moves to abuse it. Because I really doubt he'll get something like DynamicPunch (well, no fists obviously, lol) or Zap Cannon (BIG maybe because some Steel types actually get this skill) or something different with really low accuracy, but so far I see nothing really promising here for him to use well so far, unless they introduce something cool which would fit him (like really strong slash move with low accuracy). And I'm pretty sure only slash skill which has less then 100% accuracy is Air Slash, which... well, pretty much never misses anyway (95% is pretty damn high) unless I'm missing something ?
Guillotine

To be honest, I think Doublade is sucky and really unoriginal, I was expecting something more badass and interesting than two pink swords because I really thought Honedge' design had real potential for something more special and cool than two Honedge put together. I thought they built a lot of hype up about something so bad aswell, and I would rather of them shown us another Eeveelution (I know, I know) or perhaps finally an official Orotto or maybe those little teddy bear things from a screenshot a couple of pages back.

as much as I agree with this as a thing... and repetition is always funny...
Did they actually hype any of those three before or hell, even AFTER the games?
I dunno, I was just poking a little fun at the person I quoted. I like the designs of Dugtrio, Dodrio, and Magneton just fine.

PKMN Hunter 18

Remember! Drive Smoothly!
Do like the look of Doublade I'm definitely thinking of using it in-game. :) I think we will see an evolution for it however.

Evo should be called Troublades.

Stone Edge, probably?
Now, I wonder where its brain is. It is one single creature after all, so I expect the crest to house its mind. The blades are like hands, the wraps are its arms. Sheathed, it floats there like a Geodude, Magnemite, or perhaps more fitting, Gastly. Though, when deploying for battle, it becomes more like a Haunter, if its eyes had been on its hands. The crest/sheats remain the thinking part, but its eyes are on the swords. No wonder why one sword is always holding the crest tightly. If dropped, it would be both blind and defenseless, and it's the only part of the creature not made of steel or ghostly fabric.
It probably doesn't have a physical brain, anymore than any ghost does.
Guillotine
Oh god... well there's no OHKO clause for that.

Odds of Game Freak intentionally handing out No Guard + OHKO move on the same pokemon in the generation they're trying to balance the game is approximately zilch.

They are reluctant to give Zapdos his Hurricane so we wouldn't bother too much about it getting Guillotine.

It probably doesn't have a physical brain, anymore than any ghost does.
The only thing remotely 'alive' we see in Honedge is that emblem on the crossguard which kinda looks like an eye, not the two holes in the sheath. Possible, that this is the actual Pokemon and not the sword itself.

Alternatively: Poltergeist

I don't know about you guys, but I got confirmation that my Pokemon 3dsXl was shipped today... Could this be another GTAV situation? If you're wondering, I ordered off Target.com

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Well, technically it does include X or Y, just the ability to download it - so if it does ship early, the download codes will still be useless until X and Y are released onto the eShop.
Do you have a source for this? Serebii, Target.com, etc. either say there is no pack-in game or fail to mention the game at all. Various other sources explicitly say there is no game included. The Japanese versions of the console come with digital versions of X and Y, but as far as I can tell, the western versions do not. It also has an MSRP of $199.99, the same as a regular 3DS XL, and I doubt they are throwing the game in for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)