Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what the problem is with Doublade? A one-eyed, one-armed Pokemon turning into a two-eyed, two-armed one? Seems like a natural progression to me.

To post a different opinion, I looked at it as if Honedge's sheath got bigger, just picture it and look at Doublade.

Do you have a source for this? Serebii, Target.com, etc. either say there is no pack-in game or fail to mention the game at all. Various other sources explicitly say there is no game included. The Japanese versions of the console come with digital versions of X and Y, but as far as I can tell, the western versions do not. It also has an MSRP of $199.99, the same as a regular 3DS XL, and I doubt they are throwing the game in for free.
From what I can tell looking at the box art, there are two bundles, one that includes and one that doesn't. EDIT: NVM. Apparently that's only in Japan. lol

Do you have a source for this? Serebii, Target.com, etc. either say there is no pack-in game or fail to mention the game at all. Various other sources explicitly say there is no game included. The Japanese versions of the console come with digital versions of X and Y, but as far as I can tell, the western versions do not. It also has an MSRP of $199.99, the same as a regular 3DS XL, and I doubt they are throwing the game in for free.
Hmm...I might have been basing that assumption on the Japanese games, then. This helps to clear it up...I can't seem to find anything supporting what I said earlier.

I think the sheath looks strangely like a face where the two circles are eyes and the white part is a devious smile, but when it is pulled out you can see its real eye.

Oh I just thought it was weird that it had like two faces then, and Doublade has 4.
Well it doesn't. When it's sheathed, it's a fake face created by the design of the sheath.

See the holes in it? That lines up with the lines on the sword, making it look like a face.

That's actually pretty clever, if you ask me. Game Freak clearly put a decent amount of thought into the design, despite the intial impression of "oh, it's just a sword".

Well Doublade was... unexpected. It's kinda cool. Does one of the blades in Doublade hold onto the sheath and the other just floats without it? Looked a bit awkward at first.

Glad to know that GameFreak will continue the tradition of "ADD MORE HEADS!" evolutions ahah.

if there's a third evolution, ideally the shield in the back becomes more prominent

also, in general, what an odd evolution to show off. I don't think anyone expected it in comparison to say Bunnelby, Flabebe, Heloptile, etc
I'm not sure anyone really expected Honedge in the first place...so it's fitting that it would be the one to get the surprise evolution! That said, perhaps Game Freak threw us Doublade to both remind us of Honedge and also make us a little more excited to use him.

Well it doesn't. When it's sheathed, it's a fake face created by the design of the sheath.

See the holes in it? That lines up with the lines on the sword, making it look like a face.
Oh that's pretty awesome. I hadn't realized this until you pointed it out.

You're right that actually is kinda cool. It is cool that when the sword is not in the sheath it looks like a frowny face, but when it is in the sheath it looks like more of a grin.

Honedge and Doubedge are the only Pokemon which really depress me in this new Gen. Terrible design, must have been out of creativity at that moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)