League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I know I'm way late in saying this but I honestly wish TSM would just form a team without Reginald. The rest of the team is so good, especially Xpecial and Turtle. If you put almost any other pro NA mid laner in there I honestly believe they'd be a real consideration to win stuff like worlds. Give NA a real contender.

I'm not trying to be a hater he's just nowhere near as good as the rest of his team.
There is a lot I can say about TSM and the whole NA scene in general, but il save that talk for when worlds is over and there is nothing else to talk about.

Got 3/4 of my predictions right. Not sure if c9 would have won in a bo5 but it sucks to see that a level 1 kind of ruined the last game for them. It is known that c9 gets on tilt with bad level 1 play. Both semi-finals are going to be great.

PLS NO NUNU AND LET SSONG PLAY - KEYS TO VICTORY.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
haha i found that post by jebus earlier it's fantastic

dear god royal looks strong. its most likely gonna be them or skt

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
While Uzi is indeed a very impressive player, his Vayne play at the final teamfight did not seem as impressive after I watched it again. He condemned a dying ignited Lulu, borked a deathmarked near dead Varus, and was practically facetanking Shen and Lee and nearly died if it wasn't for Lucky's well....lucky save with cocoon.

That's not to discredit how well he's played in that match though. Doublelift called him the Faker of ADC for a reason.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
So I want to put my thoughts on paper in regards to the so-called promisd changes that Morello has been hinting in regards to supports and ward wars in season 4:

One of the biggest issues that supports run into are ward wars. I thin that it's too easy to kill wards as they are right now, so my proposed changes for season 4 is to replace the current ward mastery to something entirely different:

It would be a mastery in the utility skill tree that would increase the HP of a ward. Instead of 3 hits to kill a ward, any ward a support places could take 5 or more hits to take down. This creates a higher risk when putting down pink wards, as it takes more time for the support or his allies to destroy the buffed ward, allowing the enemy team to properly respond to this.

The other buff I would propose would be to make it so that sight wards continue to give true sight, but are visible to those who invest deeper into the utility tree. That way, supports are able to divert more gold to realistic itemization versus being ward bots for most of the game. Sure that gives more weight to the utility tree, but currently as it stands, the most OP skill tree is arguably the defensive skill tree, with the offensive tree being the weakest/most balanced.

I think that this would weaken wards other laners place down making ward wars less risky, but it would add more precedence to good warding and smart use of pinks as a support.

Conversely, this may not fix the issue in ward wars and is a buff to wards in general, but the way I see it is that you can't eliminate sight or vision wards without changing how league is played dramatically. Likewise buffed wards can make things much more one sided when clearing wards, so I suppose that could be an issue as well (since it would take longer to clear said wards).

On the other hand, if the gold drop per ward is increased as well, then it could make clearing wards as a jungles all the more profitable and could shift the metagame enough where ganking would be riskier as well, forcing junglers to farm jungle more or work on clearing ward paths before actually ganking lanes.

Just wanted to put my thoughts on paper addressing wards and ward wars as well as how they affect junglers/supports in the current meta.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3901151

Last edited:

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
sort of related but mostly noob q so ffti

I feel I'm getting my sight stone to early? I usually have it by 10-14 mins, whereas in most (even) pro games it's not grabbed by supports until the 17-20 min mark. Does this mean I'm not buying enough wards early game? or are people just so bad in sub 30 draft that I'm getting more assists than would be expected? I just feel I'm playing a little greedy maybe, I always manage to convince myself "oh just stay in lane a little longer, you don't need to b for wards yet"

also what the fuck is up with sona, I just bought her and in the two games I played I went 0/0/8 and 1/4/16.
she just seems so super generic, I have a hard time wrapping my mind around why she's so good/successful.
for clarification I only flash/crescendo'd like three times over the course of two fourty minute games, so it wasn't that getting my team all the kills

ALSO FUCK VEIGAR WITH A CAPITAL F
event horizon isn't even his fucking ult

edit: I have completely forgotten what ffti means
edit2: fell free to ignore

Last edited:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Only Sona and Taric give their entire team a bunch of free stats just for standing in the general vicinity and Taric's Armor aura got nerfed pretty hard for supports who can't afford the itemization to boost it beyond pre-change values. I mean hey, there's no playmaking potential in "+20 AD/AP, +10 Armor/MR, +14% movespeed" compared to some hot Janna action or whatever but it does make your team individually stronger than their enemy counterparts. You also can't misplay "free stats" and it allows you stay safely in the backline without sacrificing value.

Sona is also kind of a beast earlygame, nobody can out-trade AA-Q-Power Chord if someone like Leona doesn't just jump on and kill her squishy ass. She also has hard sustain for surviving those tougher lanes and lean times.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
sort of related but mostly noob q so ffti

I feel I'm getting my sight stone to early? I usually have it by 10-14 mins, whereas in most (even) pro games it's not grabbed by supports until the 17-20 min mark. Does this mean I'm not buying enough wards early game? or are people just so bad in sub 30 draft that I'm getting more assists than would be expected? I just feel I'm playing a little greedy maybe, I always manage to convince myself "oh just stay in lane a little longer, you don't need to b for wards yet"

also what the fuck is up with sona, I just bought her and in the two games I played I went 0/0/8 and 1/4/16.
she just seems so super generic, I have a hard time wrapping my mind around why she's so good/successful.
for clarification I only flash/crescendo'd like three times over the course of two fourty minute games, so it wasn't that getting my team all the kills

ALSO FUCK VEIGAR WITH A CAPITAL F
event horizon isn't even his fucking ult

edit: I have completely forgotten what ffti means
edit2: fell free to ignore
You're NOT, ABSOLUTLY NOT supposed to mimic the pro supports in the way they control the vision.
Do you ever see your SoloQ team going to do a wall of wards across the river at level 1 ? No you don't, because it is not needed.

Way less map pressure = way less map vision requirements.

So you're gonna ask me "what do I do with that extra gold that I get, if I don't spend it in 40 Gwards + 68 Pwards + 37 oracles in 10 mins?". And the answer is simple, spend it to increase your game impact.
Not telling you to buy BT on Tresh or something like that, but in SoloQ, you have the chance to be able to buy more stuff than pro support. The ennemy team got a Rammus Top, an Ashe AP Mid, a Malzahar Jungle, a Warwick Support and a Skarner ADC... And that dumb ADC in your team didn't take cleanse, or buy QSS ?!
=> Your chance to shine, get that Mikael Crucible and save his ass all game long.

Usually I rush the Sight Stone, the Philo and on some Sup I get a Kage or an early Doran Shield (stuff like Tresh, Alistar... : read engage). You're supposed to dominate your lane with a Support in soloQ, that's what I believe with all my soul. Supports have way more presence than ADCs in the early stages of the game, YOU do the plays, not your ADC. Don't go Rambo mode, but try to have as much presence as possible.

Also, you should make sure your lane is always warded, but sometimes the enemy lane is pushing like bronzies (and their mid laner/jungler can't really dive you like yolo because it's too early) and you can save some minutes on those wards. If you feel like you should have bought more wards, because you're out of wards try to think : - Could I go back to buy wards earlier ?
Many bot lanes don't go back when they should. Man, how many times did I force my fucking dummy support to go back WITH ME after I got a kill and pushed the lane to the turret "but I'm full hp and mana, meh, let's stick around just for the fun, waiting them to come back with fresh new items and a jungler ganking the pushed lane while our summoners are on CD... ;Y". Always take every single chance to TP back to the shop (usually, try to push to the enemy's turret, you can do it too as support).

Finally, you probably know it, but man so many supports forget it :
- When it's past min 25, when your team applies large map pressure (read : further than the river) : ALWAYS have the Baron pinked. Even if your jungler doesn't know Baron exists, even if no one in your team wants to do it. It wins games to delete enemy's informations on Baron when you're in a position of strength.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
jinx looks really good for building manamune into bt into lw. i have the feeling either her w or e is only gonna scale off ap though. hopefully her rocket is as cool as it looks :)

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I love the first art, I don't like the way she's dressed and all, but the art in itself is so well done

Come on Najin, let's ravage some rectums tonight!

Also I don't really like Jinx's design. As I've said before, there's really two competing designs in League of Legends. One design is the epic, high-fantasy fare seen in Aatrox, Kayle, Lissandra, etc. But then there are these dramatically different champs like Vi, Zac, and now Jinx. I just feel an antipathy towards them.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
A little disappointed that jinx doesn't have on demand mobility, especially in this mid assassin meta. I believe that a good adc design should focus on damage and survivability over utility. Anyways, I posted a feedback

A) What are the high moments and frustrations you experience playing as or against Jinx?
- Is this a champion you enjoy playing? Is this a champion that you are okay having on the opposing team? What aspects of her are frustrating? What aspects are really cool?

I have not played against her so I admittedly can't offer much on that. However, I'll list a few cool and frustrating things about her.
Cool: The flexibility of range vs damage is truly displayed here. Range isn't something that many people appreciate and this is why Caitlyn's lategame was thought to be weak for a long time. It's been long past that and her lategame is considered to be strong now. By bringing range -VERSUS- damage (as opposed to range AND damage like kog'maw and twitch), players are able to directly compare and contrast the power of the two with the press of a button.

Other than that, she just feels great and dynamic. Her autoattacks are responsive and fast, and her E has very little cast time. Her passive can be thought of as similar to resets + mobility spell, which is pretty cool. Not to mention how satisfying her ult is given its damage (perhaps a little too high?). I think Jinx is an interesting take on an objective based adc, with her passive activating upon breaking down towers, her Q being an objective-slaying tool (minigun), or a sieger (Rocket), along with the poke and zoning tools provided by her E and W.

The most important thing: She feels like she does a lot of damage, which is especially important for an ADC. Also, it's been since Draven that we got an adc that focuses more on autoattacking.

Frustrating: The insanities in her stats, for good and bad, are pretty awkward to get used to initially. 325 movespeed, but gets an incredibly absurd amount of bonus MS when she kills something. The lowest base AS for an adc in the game, combined with the lowest AS/lvl for all champions, but a 130%, potentially permanent AS steroid (I like to think of the dps as Caitlyn's with 79% Attack Speed at lv.18 ignoring headshot). AoE crits on a spell that really cuts her dps (more on this later). Jinx's power level is hard to gauge as a result. I guess being insane in numbers is thematically fitting, though.

B) Is Jinx someone you feel is worth bringing to a team?
-Assuming she eventually hits a "balanced" state, when you see someone on your team pick her are you going to feel good about it? Why or why not?

Tough question. The amount of objective control and utility she brings with her kit will probably land a spot in certain teams. However, the lack of escape is a HUGE downfall in today's assassin mid metagame. We've seen Varuses, Kogs, and Twitches explode because they can't really do anything to the insane gapclosers of Ahri, Zed, and Fizz. Coupled with her rocket stance's lack of damage (more on this later), and her relatively unreliable countermeasures (W has a long cast time and is single target, E can be jumped or blinked over), she is extremely reliant on her team protecting her and/or getting her passive activated so she can reposition. The problem: She needs to be at 525 range to deal massive dps. Is her cleanup potential with her passive worth her team's resources? This is something that I'll need a lot of playtesting to find out.

If she does hit a balanced state, then I can play in peace knowing that whoever got their hands on her will enjoy her character - which can result in more positive gameplay. However, her lack of escape will always be a burden in solo queue. She will be fun to have in Ranked 5s, though.

C) Rockets vs. Minigun. Do you feel they're both worth using?
-Do you feel that both guns have clear moments in game where they seem useful and make you want to switch to them? Why or why not?

Due to the nature of range vs damage, yes, they're both worth using and will have times where switches are needed. There are some things I'm concerned about.

Rockets: This ability feels like it does no dps or burst! I'm aware that the contrast between damage and range had to be made in Switcheroo!, but when you have 0.625 base AS and 1% AS per level, 10% extra damage per auto isn't going to cut it. Max Rockets will give you less range and even less damage than a Lv.18 Tristana without her Q activated. The aoe crits are really cool but the aoe size doesn't feel big enough. For all of that, she can burn through her mana bar pretty fast with 20 mana per auto.

I kind of feel that the destructive potential behind the full damage aoe crits makes it difficult to buff the other parts of Rocket stance.

Minigun: No issues here. 525 range with no mobility will always be annoying, though.

Other stuff: I feel like her Attack Speed/lvl could use buffing (in exchange for a minigun nerf) so Rocket stance would feel better to use. Also this makes minigun's AS transition into lategame smoother, rather than spiking midgame and slowly falling off relative to the other adcs. And lastly, this would make her Q look less intimidating to players who take a glimpse at her kit.

Last edited:
things i didn't expect this tournament:

- ozone actually getting worse after ogn
- whitez not playing like a spastic + lucky beating lovelin -> royal beat omg

other than that everything has been mostly predictable, i have to to say i wish i could could watch more chinese games cos they are the most fun to watch :(

skt vs royal final would be so sick!

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Oh thank god, I'd be so disappointed if I only got to see three games between skt and royal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)