Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
from serebii: "The official site has updated and has announced that, across Japan, various O Powers are to be distributed to players at special events. These O Powers are at Level 2, making them more powerful and make them last long. First is HP Recovery Power which increases the amount you heal by 50%. Next is PP Recovery Power which increases the amount of PP recovered. Finally, there is Prize Money Power which increases the amount of money won in battles."

so seems like pass powers are back

EDIT: link http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2013/09/130927_g01.html?a001=news

Last edited:

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I have a new feature that hopefully many of you will find useful in the weeks to come!
I've been using the same method to collect and organize FCs for AC:NL for almost four months.

Pokémon XY FC Compendium
  • Complete this short form to automatically record your username, 3DS information, and time zone.
  • Every time someone enters a new FC, it will automatically appear on this spreadsheet. It is updated in real time.
  • You can see the statistical breakdown of Pokémon X vs. Pokémon Y here. I thought this was a cool bonus!

What do you think? If you have questions or suggestions, leave me a profile message!
You can find these links in the first post of this thread. My signature also contains a link to this post.
If you see anything inappropriate on the spreadsheet, leave me a profile message.

Two weeks left, woo!

Let's see here.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Magic Guard
252 HP 4 Sp Attack 252 Def
Bold Nature
Assuming Normal/Fairy or Fairy typing

Stored Power/Psyshock
Draining Kiss
Focus Blast/Fire Blast
Calm Mind

I can see that actually working quite well. An improved typing with decent bulk, especially when you factor in the immunity to weather and status damage, perfect coverage, a new STAB healing attack, an ever multiplying Stored Power with Calm Mind.

Take out those steel types and see how it goes :D

from serebii: "The official site has updated and has announced that, across Japan, various O Powers are to be distributed to players at special events. These O Powers are at Level 2, making them more powerful and make them last long. First is HP Recovery Power which increases the amount you heal by 50%. Next is PP Recovery Power which increases the amount of PP recovered. Finally, there is Prize Money Power which increases the amount of money won in battles."

so seems like pass powers are back

EDIT: link http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2013/09/130927_g01.html?a001=news
Well we actually knew about O Powers back innnn July? I think?

e:
O-PowersO-Powers are special powers that will help you progress through your adventure. These O-Powers come in many forms. Some powers may temporarily increase your stats, while others may make it easier to catch wild Pokémon. Still others may increase the Exp. Points or prize money you get from battle.
yeah we knew about these
http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/whats_new/pss/

So Ghost types can switch out from even Trapping Abilities such as Shadow Tag. That makes Honedge and Doublade are the first Steel types to be able to switch out of Magnezone's Magnet Pull without the use of Shed Shell. That and it has perfect type coverage with both STABs and Sacred Sword.

Well...thanks for remembering me that Clefable exists lol
I was thinking of using a fairy type in-game and nothing better than the original fairy in pokemon

edit: the only time i used it before was in a nuzlocke normal run in pokemon red or blue(don't remember)...it was raticate(traded a lv 5 ratatta to be my "starter"), fearow, wiglytuff, snorlax, clefable, and a water type just for surf.

Last edited:
So Ghost types can switch out from even Trapping Abilities such as Shadow Tag. That makes Honedge and Doublade are the first Steel types to be able to switch out of Magnezone's Magnet Pull without the use of Shed Shell. That and it has perfect type coverage with both STABs and Sacred Sword.
Also Doublade to be able run/switch from Dugtrio arena trap must be?

Is that official? The website just says moves can't prevent ghosts from fleeing. I haven't heard anything regarding trapping abilities or switching out.

$47 in the 3DS Eshop. Gonna be one hell of a weekend.

I think for the first time I might actually be excited to use a Clefable.

Has anyone noticed the love for normal types this generation? Fire/Normal, Electric/Normal, Fairy/Normal, and there may be that pokebeach rumored poison/normal. (did I miss any?) Are we possibly getting an influx of usable/varied normal types to combat the newly boosted ghost types?

I think the boon to Ghost types and the addition to Fairy Types may have threatened Normal Types early in the planning stages of XY. To me, Normal Type has always been the 'jack of all trades' type so there had to be things done to keep it at the epicenter of types; not too great, but not too bad.

I wish normal types had more going for them. An immunity to Ghost is pretty much all they got going on.
Possessing only one weakness, large movepools and some of the most diverse actual effects makes up for Normal not being an exciting STAB. The problem with normal types has always been that they don't get many 'mons with decent high BSTs, not their type match-up.

Has anyone noticed the love for normal types this generation? Fire/Normal, Electric/Normal, Fairy/Normal, and there may be that pokebeach rumored poison/normal. (did I miss any?) Are we possibly getting an influx of usable/varied normal types to combat the newly boosted ghost types?
I indeed believe this is the case. I expect even some older Normals gaining secondary typings. Normal/Fairy, Normal/Poison, and I expect even a Normal/Ghost, new sorts of Normals - probably even several with amazing stat distributions and possibly some having a (very) high BST.

I actually believe a Normal/Poison will be very plausible because GF will not have forgotten Gengar and very well know it might dominate if left untouched.

$47 in the 3DS Eshop. Gonna be one hell of a weekend.

I think for the first time I might actually be excited to use a Clefable.

Wait- what's $47 in the 3DS Eshop?

I have not seen a limited edition 3DSXL that looks good, IMO. I don't know why. I felt there were a number of good looking limited run designs for the Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS Lite, and 3DS. As it was, it took them way too long to release one-tone matte black for the XL, and I would have preferred matte white or yellow.
I'm actually not fond of the gold would bud I would make little 3ds's with the blue one. I'm in love with that thing.

Being a Steel-type, Doublade is likely to have respectable defenses and a base 90 Sacred Sword maims every STAB Pursuit user not named Drapion or Spiritomb so Doublade doesn't have to fear much in that department.
It will have respectable DEFENSE not defenses. Generally steel types as a whole have crappy spdef but amazing def.lol same with rock types actually... You know what now I'm thinking about what typing as a whole has the best special defense

Accidental double post!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not too crazy about those red and blue X and Y 3DSs. I still prefer my solid black one.

However, if the gold version hit's the US, I'm so on that. Love the artwork.

Famitsu page update today with what looks like the new youngster/shorts boy art.

I'm not too crazy about those red and blue X and Y 3DSs. I still prefer my solid black one.

However, if the gold version hit's the US, I'm so on that. Love the artwork.
That's my favorite of the bunch too, but I still haven't decided which one I want yet (if any). It'll probably just come down to me nabbing the cheapest one I can find right before release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)