Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
In plenty of swordfights, at least the ones portrayed in media, the two swords swing against each other constantly before one side actually lands any blows. The sword can take the pressure of another sword for a very long time. It's possible that this will be portrayed in Doublade's stats. I'm expecting it to be either bulky or fast, but not both.

Also I'm predicting that Honedge will evolve into Doublade the same way Aipom does into Ambipom: by learning Double Hit.

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
In plenty of swordfights, at least the ones portrayed in media, the two swords swing against each other constantly before one side actually lands any blows. The sword can take the pressure of another sword for a very long time. It's possible that this will be portrayed in Doublade's stats. I'm expecting it to be either bulky or fast, but not both.

Also I'm predicting that Honedge will evolve into Doublade the same way Aipom does into Ambipom: by learning Double Hit.
Level up with one honedge with another in the party

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Wouldn't the shadows take away from the framerate, not add to it?
I think what he meant is, GameFreak might have ditched separate shaders in favour of making the shadow a part of the Pokémon model. There would be two ways to do shadows; either have the shadow as its own entity separate to the Pokémon, or just simply making it a part of the model. It would be easier for the devs to just have the shadow tied to the model, even if it doesn't look as good.

Has anyone else thought of the idea of shiny Pokemon when they mega evolve? I really hope they keep their shininess! Shiny MegaZard would look amazing!!! :D
I think they will. GF also said they want to make shinies stand out more, so having shininess apply to going mega would be a big step in that direction.

I think they will. GF also said they want to make shinies stand out more, so having shininess apply to going mega would be a big step in that direction.
Maybe you'll actually be able to tell if Mega Garchomp is shiny. lol

I think what he meant is, GameFreak might have ditched separate shaders in favour of making the shadow a part of the Pokémon model. There would be two ways to do shadows; either have the shadow as its own entity separate to the Pokémon, or just simply making it a part of the model. It would be easier for the devs to just have the shadow tied to the model, even if it doesn't look as good.
Exactly. Couldn't have said it better myself. :pimp:

With the new animations it will be nice to see the occassional glitter/sparkle of shiny Pokemon whilst awaiting orders. Not just when they come out the Pokeball.

Do you think re-battling legendaries after the Elite 4 will still be option? 2 weeks people!!!!

With the new animations it will be nice to see the occassional glitter/sparkle of shiny Pokemon whilst awaiting orders. Not just when they come out the Pokeball.

Do you think re-battling legendaries after the Elite 4 will still be option? 2 weeks people!!!!
IT's been an option in every game since Platinum so
Yes
Almost 100%

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
For the record, I'm to the point where I am just infracting anyone who continues to post unconfirmed information/screenshots. I've given about ten warnings and the second post has always warned against it.

You have been warned (again).

Exbo took the correct course of action by PMing me yesterday asking for permission before posting the PC screenshots.

I remember when the fairy type chart was revealed a few people were saying that flavor-wise, it made no sense. I was actually able to come up with something that explains just about everything but the steel weakness, which already makes sense from a flavor POV

Fairies by their nature are gentle creatures, so the fairy typing is all about calmness. Fairy energy subdues and calms the types that are focused on combat and aggression above all else. This is why they're good against the honor-combat-oriented fighting types, the combat-pragmatism-based dark types, and dragons, which as a type is defined by moves like Outrage. All of these types are defined by aggression, offense, and combat, which is why fairies can so easily subdue them. The bug resist is because bugs are simple-minded creatures, and fairies are just so much grander in the scheme of things.

However, these fairies that are focused on tranquility and serenity are helpless against types that are physically destructive, like fire. The fairy can calm down the raging dragon but it cannot stop a fire so easily. For the same reason, they're completely helpless against disease; they can calm the spirit but cannot heal the body. Fairies are themselves especially susceptible to poison. While they're strong enough in spirit to ward off the "impure thoughts" from a dark pulse, this mental immune system comes at the cost of their actual immune system.

Does that make any sense? I'm probably looking way too deep into this but this kind of lore could slot pretty well into the Pokemon world, idk.

I figured it was because Fire & Steel are apparently common weaknesses of fairies in various stories
And that Fairies trumped Dark because they're, mythologically speaking, even bigger Jerks.

e: also fairies = ~nature's beings~ = weak to poison

It seems the move Mega Blaziken first used when it was revealed in the mega trailer was Overheat, considering the move it used here had the same animation, was a fire move, and lowered a stat. Odd that a Pokemon who got an attack bonus is so closely linked to this move... maybe MegaBlaziken gets a Special attack boost too? That first, unboosted overheat did OHKO Pangoro, and the +2 Overheat OHKO'd Rhyperior, who resists it. And since that was a Trick Room team, I'm pretty sure both mons had max HP.

Also these guys REALLY seem to like "boosting move + topsy-turvy" as a strategy.

It seems the move Mega Blaziken first used when it was revealed in the mega trailer was Overheat, considering the move it used here had the same animation, was a fire move, and lowered a stat. Odd that a Pokemon who got an attack bonus is so closely linked to this move... maybe MegaBlaziken gets a Special attack boost too? That first, unboosted overheat did OHKO Pangoro, and the +2 Overheat OHKO'd Rhyperior, who resists it. And since that was a Trick Room team, I'm pretty sure both mons had max HP.

Also these guys REALLY seem to like "boosting move + topsy-turvy" as a strategy.
I think +2 Overheat ohkoing Rhyperior is more a testament to Rhyperior's...
Base Special Defense: 55
...lacking special defenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)