Slakoth B/W Analysis [QC: 0/3] [GP: 0/2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, this is my first C&C post, or even post on Smogon, and I'm not quite sure how this system works. I had this link open while writing this, but I'm not sure if it shows: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/how-to-c-c-edition.3486759/
[Overview]
  • Bad typing for LC
  • Worst ability in the game
  • Average to bad stats.
  • Needs team support.
  • Can't use most items that would otherwise make it usable
[SET]
name: Choice Band
move 1: Return
move 2: Ice Punch
move 3: Hammer Arm
move 4: Pursuit/Sucker Punch
item: Choice Band
ability: Truant
nature: Amanant
evs: 196 Atk / 40 Def / 236 SpD / 36 Spe
[SET COMMENTS]
  • Return is STAB move with fair coverage
  • Ice Punch hits Dragon- and Ground-types super effectively
  • Hammer Arm hits Normal- and Dark-types super effectively
  • Pursuit traps and is SE on Ghost- and Dark-types, while Sucker Punch has the same super effective properties and gives it a form of somewhat-reliable priority
[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
  • EVs and Nature maximize Slakoth's Attack while making it equally frail to physical and special moves.
  • The Speed EVs give it just enough speed to outpace slower walls, assuming they didn't invest in Speed EVs either.
  • Choice Band is chosen over Life Orb because most of the time, if Slakoth lives long enough to change moves, it's because he was switched out.
  • Good partners are Pokemon that don't mind switching in repeatedly.
  • Bronzor is immune to Poison and often Ground, while Lileep's Storm Drain can switch it in on a Water-type move and OHKO next turn with Giga Drain.
  • Mienfoo has Regenerator, letting him heal every time he tags someone else in
  • Misdreavus, with three immunities, can find opportunities to switch in for free
  • A Rapid Spinner is advised, as the Stealth Rock damage alone will build up
[Other Options]
  • Aside from the Choice Band set, there's not a lot of options for the Pokemon.
  • Slakoth has a fair supportive movepool with Swagger, Toxic, and Encore, but Truant means it won't likely get to use more than one of these moves.
  • Substitute and Slack Off can make it live longer, but it might not live long enough to use the move again due to Truant.
[Checks and Counters]
  • Anything with Protect walls to no end, forcing a switch.
  • Anything faster that can OHKO is able to come in on the Truant turn and defeat SLakoth.
  • Confusing or Paralyzing Slakoth can shut it down, seeing as Slakoth doesn't have any turns to spare in the first place.

Last edited:
You need to write a skeleton, linebreak from the [comments] and [overview] and stuff, and only write it up after 2 QC approvals. js

A skeleton is basically all the points your going to make in your write up but just in a list instead of in a paragraph. For instance, for what you have for your overview right now it would be something like

[Overview]
  • In a metagame with so many Fighting-types, Normal typing puts it at a disadvantage
  • has the worst ability in the game
  • requires a lot of team support
  • rarely worth using
  • too slow for Choice Scarf
  • low defenses + Truant means Eviolite is bad too
  • can't even work in Trick Room because Truant uses up half the turns

I'm not really sure what this Pokemon has to offer; Truant is an awful ability and makes any chance Slakoth would have had of being viable null. This set in particular is 100% outclassed by Munchlax (even though Choice Band isn't all that great), except maybe the Sucker Punch, although in combination with Truant, Sucker Punch is setup bait for Misdreavus, which is really the only Pokemon it hits. Slakoth's stats are pretty bad too. I just don't see the merit in using this Pokemon...

Great job on the skeleton; the content is really good. However, Slakoth is not, and it does not deserve an analysis.

QC Rejected (1/3)

I just had noticed that Slakoth isn't on the list to be guaranteed to have no analysis, so I decided to see what the best set could be, and this is what I got. But thanks!

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, really sorry about not catching this when it was in the index. This is a quality skeleton though, and we hope to see you back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)