Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The search engine on Smogon stopped working a few months ago. Any chances for it coming back up?

V I meant to put it in Smogon Metagames but put it here for some reason >_<

Last edited:

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
The search engine on Smogon stopped working a few months ago. Any chances for it coming back up?
This isn't really the right place to ask it, but I would think it will be coming back up. The problem is the amount of work the admins and chaos have been doing since the hacks in the summer they haven't got around to aesthetic changes like the search engine.

In the mean-while just use ctrl+f and then search for the appropriate Pokemon/Move/Ability/Item/I think that everything.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I don't think anything prior to the forum move will ever show up in the search. I remember reading something about the load of recacheing everything being too great. I'll look up the specifics when I get home in a couple hours and let you know then.

I had booted up my Ruby today, but something odd happened, the music had changed. No, it wasn't to Lavender Town or any creepy bullshit like that, however the music notes were much, much higher and had more emphasis on the flute part than anything else. I listened to the title music being changed, the Pokemon Center theme, Oldale Town and Mauville before the game froze. I blew the dust out of the cartridge and rebooted. Boom, the game sounds normal again.

Anyone know what the fuck happened? I've never seen anything like this before happen in any game I've had.

Celever

i am town
CREEPY PASTA ALERT

Well I'm guessing your game just got too dirty which you already fixed! xD

Questions of my own: How do you unlock champions in PWT and what are the mechanics of Fake Out in rotation battles?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Celever have you unlocked the actual 'World Leaders' tournament yet? sounds like you're still working your way through the region leaders. You have to beat the Unova, Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh leaders once each, which unlocks the World Leaders tourney, beat that 10 times then you get the Champion's tourney

Celever

i am town
Celever have you unlocked the actual 'World Leaders' tournament yet? sounds like you're still working your way through the region leaders. You have to beat the Unova, Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh leaders once each, which unlocks the World Leaders tourney, beat that 10 times then you get the Champion's tourney
ohhh ok thank you.

Doing this with a Delcatty isn't as easy as you would think -- I have beaten the Kanto and Sinnoh leaders though! :D

iirc about rotation battles: once the pokemon is sent out Fake Out can be used unless you play any other move, meaning that:
- if you send out the user/he's the first pokemon in play, if you rotate instead of attacking you can Fake Out later when you re-rotate him in
- if you send out the user at the beginning of the battle but not as a lead, you can Fake Out the first time you rotate him in
Hope it's clear and correct XD

I'm looking for discussion about the new 'no cheating' policy in X & Y; opinions about how it will affect the competitive scene, how it might or might not be overcome, what practical solutions to raising / breeding Pokemon would be, etc... but the thread I found using search regarding any of this discussion is about 444 pages long -_-;

Is there a better place where I can find informed opinions on this subject? Is it a crime on these forums to create a simple thread regarding this subject, so that all conversation about it can be organized into a single thread, or will I receive backlash for doing so and / or have my thread deleted for not 'contributing enough content' to the thread?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I'm looking for discussion about the new 'no cheating' policy in X & Y; opinions about how it will affect the competitive scene, how it might or might not be overcome, what practical solutions to raising / breeding Pokemon would be, etc... but the thread I found using search regarding any of this discussion is about 444 pages long -_-;
What sort of thing are you looking for? Game Freak and the Pokemon Company have never allowed cheats to compete in tournaments.... RNG is not cheating (as you use no external device to modify the game) and the Pokemon can be "naturally" created. As far as I know so far, because the 3DS is not cracked, you will not be able to RNG any time near launch.

Practically speaking, breeding, rebreeding and a little dose of luck is going to be whats required for ingame competitive battling at this point in time. Unless someone makes huge strides and manages to unlock the secrets of the 3DS that isn't going to be changing anytime soon. GF has stated that the Pokemon Bank will also be checking Pokemon to see for anything illicit, but I doubt RNG pokemon will make it go off (I am talking about lazy hacked mons like V Create Kakuna with Wonder Guard or something).

• If the attacker has Technician and the attack used is not the regular attack or a throwing item and the attack’s power (not modified by stat stages and stat multipliers) is 4 or less, the Damage is multiplied by 1.5.
From http://www.upokecenter.com/content/pokemon-mystery-dungeon-2-damage-calculation
Thanks for the answer the last time. One thing the source does not explain is if the ginseng modifiers are taken into the calculations before or after Technician. It says:
  • The move’s power is specific for each move. If the move has a number next to it (for example, "Scratch+1"), that number is added to the move’s power.
It seems to imply that the modifier changes the base power and override Technician if the move exceeds 4 stars. They don't get very specific though, so does anyone of you have an idea if Technician is affected by ginseng?

What sort of thing are you looking for? Game Freak and the Pokemon Company have never allowed cheats to compete in tournaments.... RNG is not cheating (as you use no external device to modify the game) and the Pokemon can be "naturally" created. As far as I know so far, because the 3DS is not cracked, you will not be able to RNG any time near launch.

Practically speaking, breeding, rebreeding and a little dose of luck is going to be whats required for ingame competitive battling at this point in time. Unless someone makes huge strides and manages to unlock the secrets of the 3DS that isn't going to be changing anytime soon. GF has stated that the Pokemon Bank will also be checking Pokemon to see for anything illicit, but I doubt RNG pokemon will make it go off (I am talking about lazy hacked mons like V Create Kakuna with Wonder Guard or something).
Here are a few of the questions that I'm curious about:

A) Do you believe that Pokemon would be better with or without 'cheating' (RNG, Hacking or otherwise)?

B) If not, would you be more inclined to raise Pokemon naturally if there were more reasonable and reliable methods for doing so, and also do you believe that people who aren't as privileged as others should be punished for not being able to acquire rare Pokemon in-game or from events (i.e. they shouldn't hack to receive Pokemon they otherwise don't have the opportunity to)?

C) Do you believe that RNG / Cheating / Hacking will become sufficiently available on the 3DS; in the case of hacking to the point where they will pass through X & Y as legitimately acquired Pokemon, and also do you believe that RNG or hacking excludes a certain portion of the population who aren't savvy to the point of cheating?

D) Do you believe that competitive Pokemon battling will suffer or benefit from not being able to cheat, (on one hand cheating allows the meta to develop more quickly and is less reliant on luck, on the other hand the meta develops more slowly and luck is already a significant factor of the game) and also do you believe that the time factor and / or opportunity (Event Pokemon / Pokemon traded from past games) involved in raising a perfect or competitive-tiered Pokemon is a logical device to use to participating in the competitive Pokemon scene?

Say I post that in a thread called, "RNG / Hacking; Competitive Pokemon X & Y - Opinions" in the Orange Islands - do I get tarred, feathered, hung and set on fire, or is there already an organized thread that covers these issues extensively?

Last edited:
I've got a question but if this isn't the right place to ask,please link me to the appropriate thread.
How long will it take for Smogon to update with the competitive and in-game guides for the 6th gen?

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
^I'd say we'll start to see articles approximately two or three months after game release.

Some content might be added earlier, and in The Smog, for instance, but what is written there is really likely to change later - after all, we thought Reuniclus was broken at the start of Gen. V.

If you want preliminary analyses and such, keep an eye at the forums. Many people there will get a good grip on what works or not quite early on, and would be eager to share their sets.

My Pokemon Colleseum keeps corrupting my save file no matter what I do. I've tried like 3 times and it still hasn't kept a save file. And no, I don't turn it off when it says saving don't turn off he power...

Celever

i am town
My Pokemon Colleseum keeps corrupting my save file no matter what I do. I've tried like 3 times and it still hasn't kept a save file. And no, I don't turn it off when it says saving don't turn off he power...
Pokemon Colosseum, from experience, isn't made very well. Like the discs themselves. I've probable bought like 6 copies of it by now so it is probably no fault of your own.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
What is the formula for figuring out Base Stats? Assuming that IVs are unknown, EVs are known.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)