Pokémon XY Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aerodactyl needed a normal evolution before going for Mega. Like I already mentioned in the old thread, there needs to be some ground for Mega Evolution. Picking random mons and making them Mega is just.. sloppy.
Aerodactyl already had a pretty high BST with not-god-awful-stats
That combined with being a fossil probably meant it was never going to get an evolution. A mega evolution makes sense for pokemon like that, that would otherwise probably not get much more.

There's no way a Pokemon with as much Speed as Aerodactyl would get a normal, permanent evolution. It's the 8th fastest Pokemon currently. I think that's why.
Scizor loses a lot of Speed upon evolution. Aerodactyl was just an example. I simply need a reason as to why such and such Pokemon Mega Evolves. That they Mega Evolve just because their Mega Stone is found in the wild is unacceptable.

Scizor loses a lot of Speed upon evolution. Aerodactyl was just an example. I simply need a reason as to why such and such Pokemon Mega Evolves. That they Mega Evolve just because their Mega Stone is found in the wild is unacceptable.
Well, some Pokemon evolve and some don't (yet?).
Some megavolve and some don't (yet?).
The reason? The game designers' whim and fancy.
Sorry, it's all I got.

Well, Game Freak stated that Mega Evolution being given to a Pokemon can be based on three things (not always all three at once) popularity, balance, and being able to compete with Legendary Pokemon. That's all I can really give as a reason.

Not even remotely. Ignoring all the coincidentaly errors, this is just fanart. Someone on serebiiforums found the exact piece hours ago
Not to mention, all of the leakers who chose Fennekin would have had to get the 12.5% chance for a female, which is very unlikely. Besides, the rival(s) probably have only male starters.

Aerodactyl needed a normal evolution before going for Mega. Like I already mentioned in the old thread, there needs to be some ground for Mega Evolution. Picking random mons and making them Mega is just.. sloppy.
You have to understand how the mega evolution pitch was given to the art department:
"Guys... we have here a list of pokemon that are considered most popular, and integral to balancing the game. We want you to redesign them to look cooler so they can go super saiyan. After that... anything that you make that looks good will be considered."
"Awesome."
"Sounds like fun."
"I'M GOING TO DRAW 7 TYPES OF CHARIZARD!"

Well, Game Freak stated that Mega Evolution being given to a Pokemon can be based on three things (not always all three at once) popularity, balance, and being able to compete with Legendary Pokemon. That's all I can really give as a reason.
The third one was visuals. But they are supposed to be on par with legendaries, which could explain the insane 600 BST distributions.

And yes, popularity does look like a big reason for choosing which gets a mega-evo. And most of them are quite popular (even Mawile, I'd suppose)

too bad if that really was male fox then goddamn all of a sudden daphnefox turns into a badass. It would kinda makes sense too.

Please use the [ hide = " Subject Matter " ] [ / hide ] tags before posting huge pictures. About the picture, maybe this is GF's way of bringing back DW abilities?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I caught onto this thread late; anyone have a link to a page with all the currently leaked 'mons?
Guys, please read the OP before posting questions like this... There is a link there to a post by Limi who is trying to keep up to date with New Pokemon (There is also a post by TheMantyke on page 3 with similar content). Be aware that they might not have EVERYTHING which has been leaked so far as they need sleep too...

I think I've caught up on everything (If in doubt read back a few pages for the latest stuff, it does not take long) and I am loving Binacles evolution, totally did not see that coming at all. Sliggo is awesome and the only real disapointment for me so far is the total lack of Surfing Mons and new Electric Pokemon... Really GF Only 2 (3) Electric types?

aaaaand we just got mega blastoise stats. i think this is the first leak of them we've had? kinda hard to keep up sometimes lol

Guys, please read the OP before posting questions like this... There is a link there to a post by Limi who is trying to keep up to date with New Pokemon (There is also a post by TheMantyke on page 3 with similar content). Be aware that they might not have EVERYTHING which has been leaked so far as they need sleep too...

I think I've caught up on everything (If in doubt read back a few pages for the latest stuff, it does not take long) and I am loving Binacles evolution, totally did not see that coming at all. Sliggo is awesome and the only real disapointment for me so far is the total lack of Surfing Mons and new Electric Pokemon... Really GF Only 2 (3) Electric types?

My bad. Thanks for the info.

aaaaand we just got mega blastoise stats. i think this is the first leak of them we've had? kinda hard to keep up sometimes lol

He said his Blastoise's regular stats are:

Attack - 73
Defense - 95
Sp. Atk 67
Sp. Def 87
Speed 69

(HP probably remains the same for all Mega Evolutions)

So, anyone that can calculate stats, what does this all mean?

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
"Powers up aura and pulse moves?"

Does this mean Blastoise will get Aura Sphere? Or does it mean that other Pokémon will get Mega Launcher, which will then power up Aura Sphere for those who learn it?
I can't come up with other aura moves than Aura Sphere. Then again, new generation usually means new attacks, so I suppose they could have added a few...

After seeing so much Pokemon spoilers, I just wanna see new moves for now. Spiky Armor from Chesnaught seems great.
Spiky Armor was confirmedto do this:
so a few things on Spike Shield

A) it looks cool
B) it protected me from an entire horde and each of their attacks
C) damage wasn't that much
D) i still love it

So josh, the leaker, just posted pics of his mega blastiose. Apparently, these are it's stats BEFORE Mega evolution

Attack - 73
Defense - 95
Sp. Atk 67
Sp. Def 87
Speed 69

and now they looks like this
atk 87
def. 111
spA 99
SpD 94
speed 69
So apparently Special Attack gets the big boost, and bulk gets little boost. Also, notice how it says that Mega Launcher Powers up 'Aura' and Pulse moves. Other than Aura Sphere, what Aura moves are there?

EDIT: Greninja'd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)