Pokémon XY Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ummm... ALL GTA GAMES SINCE GTA 1 HAVE BEEN SANDBOX!!!!! how is that for changing its core??? Pokemon has always added new Pokemon and innovated such innovations like Mega Evolutions and Pokewalker and youre calling it FORMULAIC?? Your really hypocritical.

Yeah I get it but if its really so good why not give it like a 10/10? Cause nintendo doesnt pay off critics like Rockstar does?? And Kotaku historically is unfair on Japanese games anyway.
You're clearly responding based on emotion, because the Kotaku link I just gave gushes more than Old Faithful in extreme time-lapse videography and doesn't give a score at all. So you citing your negative view of their biases, kind-of dramatically undercuts your own point. Chill out. Reviews are not a game to be won. I'm not going to continue this discussion further here. You're welcome to PM me or post on my wall if you like.

God dang it, where is Pyroar??
What do you mean?

Ummm... ALL GTA GAMES SINCE GTA 1 HAVE BEEN SANDBOX!!!!! how is that for changing its core??? Pokemon has always added new Pokemon and innovated such innovations like Mega Evolutions and Pokewalker and youre calling it FORMULAIC?? Your really hypocritical.

Yeah I get it but if its really so good why not give it like a 10/10? Cause nintendo doesnt pay off critics like Rockstar does?? And Kotaku historically is unfair on Japanese games anyway.
Pokemon and Gta are 2 different beast. Lets not start a flamewar on this forum pls, and focus on the game itself.

FakemonMasterVX

Banned deucer.
Pokemon and Gta are 2 different beast. Lets not start a flamewar on this forum pls, and focus on the game itself.
Ok fair enough but I still dont get why reeviewers just have to be so hard on Pokemon games just cause they think their Kids Games but in reality they are deep strategy games with powerfull storylines... they dont even understand the game they are reviewing.

So I'm looking at the Pokemon list and honestly I'm a bit concerned at the lack of certain types. There is only one Bug and Poison evolution line so far and no Ground types (Diggersby probably is, but not confirmed)

There are still probably more Pokemon to leak so I hope they patch this up.
diggersby's typing has been confirmed. check this out:

Ok fair enough but I still dont get why reeviewers just have to be so hard on Pokemon games just cause they think their Kids Games but in reality they are deep strategy games with powerfull storylines... they dont even understand the game they are reviewing.
I blame a lot of the negative connotation of pokemon being for kids on the anime. The games, Red/Blue did nothing to suggest they were strictly for kids, but rather accessible to all ages like Mario and Zelda. That's pretty much how I view pokemon. Every sequel since has kept up to that. The guy who reviewed the game seem to know what he was talking about, knew what evs were for one. Besides, 2 games in the series got a 10 from Ign, and the rest were graded in the top 8 to 9. Pretty impressive. Besides, the only gripe he had was that single player is rather underwhelming, especially when you compare it to B/W, which decided to take a step forward in its story.

Cheek Pouch
If, like me, you forgot what the hell that does:

In battle
Cheek Pouch causes a Pokémon to regain some HP when it consumes a Berry, on top of the effect the Berry will have when eaten.
Outside of battle
It is unknown if Cheek Pouch has an effect outside of battle.

So I'm looking at the Pokemon list and honestly I'm a bit concerned at the lack of certain types. There is only one Bug and Poison evolution line so far and no Ground types (Diggersby probably is, but not confirmed)

There are still probably more Pokemon to leak so I hope they patch this up.
There is that Ground/Fairy I mentioned earlier. But yeah, the lack of Bugs in this game is kind of strange... especially when Bug-types got gimped. Maybe GF really hates Bug-types now?

Also, is it just me or do a lot of fairy-types that have been revealed just now seem like they're low-stat gimmicks? As opposed to the 600 BST godlike powerful dragon-types they're supposed to keep in check? Maybe I mentioned this earlier, but I would like to see a really good Fairy-type and not too late.

Haven't seen any leaked pictures of Litleo or Pyroar, and more importantly a hint of their moves/stats
And that's strange. Litleo seems the typical pokemon you would find early in the game and we should have far more info about it at this time. Again, some pokemons are being strangely difficult to find. It could be either that they will appear after the E4 or that they have a really low percentage of appearing in the wild.

There is that Ground/Fairy I mentioned earlier. But yeah, the lack of Bugs in this game is kind of strange... especially when Bug-types got gimped. Maybe GF really hates Bug-types now?

Also, is it just me or do a lot of fairy-types that have been revealed just now seem like they're low-stat gimmicks? As opposed to the 600 BST godlike powerful dragon-types they're supposed to keep in check? Maybe I mentioned this earlier, but I would like to see a really good Fairy-type and not too late.
The trend so far is that fairies are lowish BST and good abilities. I personally prefer more new pokemon like that over different versions of Garchomp and Conkeldurr.

And I think Gen V gave us enough bugs already :p

Last edited:
Florges seems to be the most potent Fairy stat-wise other than Xerneas so far
I'm putting a lot of hope in Florges right now, especially considering it looks fast and special-sweepy. All I'm hoping is that it has more than Garchomp's speed, and the longed-for Grass second typing. Then we're good to go. Also, Klefki seems like the best Prankster user in the game as of now.

But yeah, if the intention was to keep dragons in check, one would think they'd take the Infinity+1 stats and movepools into account. Its kind of disappointing how low their stats seem to be, and a bit worryingly reminiscent of the situation with Gen 1 Bug-types. At least Ubers will have Xerneas, if nothing else.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Why are you worrying about their stats? We literally don't know them yet and there's still going to be a bunch of Fairy retcons on good Pokemon.

I blame a lot of the negative connotation of pokemon being for kids on the anime. The games, Red/Blue did nothing to suggest they were strictly for kids, but rather accessible to all ages like Mario and Zelda. That's pretty much how I view pokemon. Every sequel since has kept up to that. The guy who reviewed the game seem to know what he was talking about, knew what evs were for one. Besides, 2 games in the series got a 10 from Ign, and the rest were graded in the top 8 to 9. Pretty impressive. Besides, the only gripe he had was that single player is rather underwhelming, especially when you compare it to B/W, which decided to take a step forward in its story.
You have to remember that GF's intention with Pokemon is to makes a game for everyone, and that from the beginning.
It's really incredubly hard to makes the casual player, the competitive one, old and news to appreciate it.
And when you look at the review, you can say that they did it pretty well. So, I'm pretty positive, honnestly.

Remember: We're almost guaranteed Sylveon and Azumarill will be good, that fairy coverage moves will exist, we have at least one Mega Fairy, and we also have an Uber Fairy. We don't really need a billion fairy types that can totally pwnz0rs dragons into oblivion. As much as I personally dislike the dragon type, it is a fan-favorite.
Gardevoir will also be pretty good, especially if he gets a Mega Evolution.
It already is a pretty decent Pokemon, after all.

Azumarill's going to be amazing for those who super-train it.

Btw, I'm hoping that super-training is that much more convenient

Stats don't mean everything, we all know that.
Besides, you guys are forgetting Mega Mawile who has monstrous attack, great defences and typing.
I'm sure there will be plenty of usable Fairy types, even if some of them will be niche.

Remember: We're almost guaranteed Sylveon and Azumarill will be good, that fairy coverage moves will exist, we have at least one Mega Fairy, and we also have an Uber Fairy. We don't really need a billion fairy types that can totally pwnz0rs dragons into oblivion. As much as I personally dislike the dragon type, it is a fan-favorite.
Two mega fairies, if we're counting Gardevoir from that old review.

Actually, I have a lot more faith in old Pokemon turned fairies. We already have at least four candidates that would certainly be great (Togekiss, Mismagius, Blissey, and Milotic) and Azumarill is bound to see a lot more use with its great typing. Mega Mawile could be a fantastic offensive tank too.

Incidentally, Klefki probably wouldn't need godly stats with Prankster and an amazing defensive type.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Lack of Bugs, some say? Low number of new Bugs, rather. As far as I can tell, you can cath several of the old Bug types throughout the game, so gameplay-wise, they won't be left out. They were a little on the low end as far as new designs go, but hey, there were plenty of new Bug types last generation. It's not like Fire types in D/P or anything, here the lack of new designs is made up for by a wide selection of existing designs to choose in-game. I feel that this generation, GameFreak wanted to make use of what already existed, rather than making something new just for the sake of making something new (which is the trap BW kinda went into).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)