Pokémon XY Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
legendary pokemon were supposed to be less of a focus for this generation. Personally i am fine with it, generation 5 just had way too many. I thought it was over done and just made them seem less significant

surprised by the lack of the cute legendary
They tend to be event Pokemon, don't they? I know Victini was, I don't remember the rest. Event Pokemon won't be actually KNOWN until the events are announced. (Or someone hacks the data from the game cart.) So there's still hope of there being a kawaii 600-BST legendary.

surprised by the lack of the cute legendary
There's no way the cute/event legendaries would be discovered at this point by playing the game normally; you need to break the games open. It would make absolutely no sense for them to not have event legendaries, meaning there will probably be three more new Pokemon, all of which would be event exclusive.
Edit: Dang ninjas.

There will most likely still be 100 across board BST pixie and 580 BST legendary trio, unless they want to break tradition.

Charizard is a Top-Tier Threat in NU due to it's Ability to 2HKO virtually everything with Solar Powered Boosted Attacks. And as of it's reference as a "shitmon", that's funny because Charizard receives Usage in just about all the Upper Tiers, above some that are considered better than it. This shows that it has at least some Viability as a Sun Sweeper; an unprepared OU Team can find itself torn apart by a Charizard with Rapid Spin Support.

Good job on finding literally one Pokemon that was considered Weak before Mega Evolution, lol, but 1 out of the several that received Mega Evolutions were based off of Popularity and "what the older fans want", instead of giving Pokemon that deserve it more such as Corsola or Butterfree more Viability :(

Both of these Pokemon are fairly popular, why didn't they along with Mawile receive a Mega Evo?

Although I understand where your coming from with the "fanservice is good" argument, I'm going to have to disagree in this case that fanservice was the best route to go because upon that, we arrive at my point yet again: Mega Evolution isn't necessary, it is instead a Fanservice that results in the destruction of an already defined Gameplay with the recent Type Chart Update. In fact, Mega Evolution contradicts itself in that by powering up Fan favorite Pokemon, they actually overshadow and distort the image of the original, which can cause the Older fanbase to actually dislike it rather than be attracted to it.

But none of that is relevant, as the point is, "Mega Evolution is completely unnecessary Game Mechanic" as we have gone through 5 Generations in 15 Years with a strong, growing fanbase. Its presence can actually cause a decrease in fan base as well. And just because you like it, because its a "A-okay" to you or whatever, that doesn't speak for everyone.

I feel That I'm sending the message that I dislike Mega Evolution as well. I do not particularly dislike it, I just don't feel its necessary- Aka I'm neutral on the subject. However, what I DO dislike is what Pokemon are receiving it, :the majority of who were just fine without them, while other Pokemon who need it are just flat out ignored.
You know what also wasn't needed? Abilities.We had 2 whole gens without an ability being used. We also went 3 generations with our standard damage formula, so why was the Physical Special Split necessary? oh wait. They were put in to add variety and strategy to the game. Huh. How about that?

To Charizard being used in the upper tiers, let me ask you something: how many of those players are good and know what they are doing? I can say from personal battling experience that most Charizard users who use it in the upper tiers fall under "I just play for fun" and "Ch@rizard is GAWD!!111!!". You can read Issue #21 of the Smog for more on that later. And yeah, most pokemon is viable with the right support. Carracosta for OU!

Also, if you are expecting a Mega of the first bug types you find...ever...you might want to set your expectations a few notches lower. And while we're on that subject, look at the mega list again. Out of all the mega pokemon, 5 are in NU, 1 is in UU, 4 are in OU, and 1 is in Ubers. These are just the ones officially released, mind you, so don't get that list of leaks yet.

I also hate that people say that Megas will destroy the metagame when the metagame isn't even here yet. No one here has fought 1 battle, not done one test, nor has been in any testing enviroment with these mons. People are just screaming "Broken and uneeded!" on the beach shore on a ship that hasn't docked.

Long story short: Megas have improved Pokemon that have been begging for this since they were created. while popularity does have a role in megas, It's not the defining role. Some pokemon won't get Megas and will be forever weak and forgotten. that's just how it roles. In the meantime, there is 6 Days before you can get a game and try it yourself. Grab a Mega, fight some people, do some tests, and then discuss how they play. Until then, please, don't bash a feature for being unnecessary when you have barely scratched the surface. Remember the Whimsicott, my friends.

OK, looks like Josh found a hairstylist in Lumiose, which could be his key to progressing further. Once he does so, he'll get past the sixth Gym, after which he'll have Skrelp relearn Camouflage, and hopefully that'll be what gets it to evolve! Fellow Dragalge fans, we could be close to finding out its type combination!

haha yeah man that's what I'm hoping for, my nostalgia for dragonite has kicked in big time :p.
We were talking about this at serebii and I think that Dratini is probably in one of the 2 big Coastal gaps while Beldum is at the end of the Mountain dex.
They're the only two pseudo-legends not found and Dragonite was in the pre-release materials a fair amount

We were talking about this at serebii and I think that Dratini is probably in one of the 2 big Coastal gaps while Beldum is at the end of the Mountain dex.
They're the only two pseudo-legends not found and Dragonite was in the pre-release materials a fair amount
yeah I think they would have to be, there's still hope for this old Gen II lover haha.

Speaking of gen 2, from the new Pokemon we've seen so far it almost feels like they're repeating some of the trends from Gen 2 as far as pokemon stats go.

Lots of slow, defensive, turtly type Pokemon introduced. Possibly in an effort to balance out last gen's hyper offense. This gen is a Trick Room tream's wet dream.

Course they kind of offset that with silly Mevos like MegaMewtwo but oh well, they are trying!

Speaking of gen 2, from the new Pokemon we've seen so far it almost feels like they're repeating some of the trends from Gen 2 as far as pokemon stats go.

Lots of slow, defensive, turtly type Pokemon introduced. Possibly in an effort to balance out last gen's hyper offense. This gen is a Trick Room tream's wet dream.
Ooroto + Trick room = Nightmare

Oh, please. In terms of type advantage, OK, sure, but that's pretty much it. In terms of looks and overall badassery, Yveltal kicks major Xerneas ass. Face it, the only exclusives X has going for it are Swirlix and Mega Charizard X.
LOLWUT shrimp with Howitzer claw beats any lame seahorse all day.

and I'm a Cinccino Milotic.

Last edited:
You know what also wasn't needed? Abilities.We had 2 whole gens without an ability being used. We also went 3 generations with our standard damage formula, so why was the Physical Special Split necessary? oh wait. They were put in to add variety and strategy to the game. Huh. How about that?

To Charizard being used in the upper tiers, let me ask you something: how many of those players are good and know what they are doing? I can say from personal battling experience that most Charizard users who use it in the upper tiers fall under "I just play for fun" and "Ch@rizard is GAWD!!111!!". You can read Issue #21 of the Smog for more on that later. And yeah, most pokemon is viable with the right support. Carracosta for OU!

Also, if you are expecting a Mega of the first bug types you find...ever...you might want to set your expectations a few notches lower. And while we're on that subject, look at the mega list again. Out of all the mega pokemon, 5 are in NU, 1 is in UU, 4 are in OU, and 1 is in Ubers. These are just the ones officially released, mind you, so don't get that list of leaks yet.

I also hate that people say that Megas will destroy the metagame when the metagame isn't even here yet. No one here has fought 1 battle, not done one test, nor has been in any testing enviroment with these mons. People are just screaming "Broken and uneeded!" on the beach shore on a ship that hasn't docked.

Long story short: Megas have improved Pokemon that have been begging for this since they were created. while popularity does have a role in megas, It's not the defining role. Some pokemon won't get Megas and will be forever weak and forgotten. that's just how it roles. In the meantime, there is 6 Days before you can get a game and try it yourself. Grab a Mega, fight some people, do some tests, and then discuss how they play. Until then, please, don't bash a feature for being unnecessary when you have barely scratched the surface. Remember the Whimsicott, my friends.
I used charizard in ou from time to time simply for nostalgia's sake and because i like him as im sure many other players did. The is no way around the fact that he sucked in 5th gen Ou, i could make him work occasionally but he was primarily death fodder. there is no argument that volcarona was a better sun sweeper. sun itself wasnt even that good.

that being said i like the addition of megas, i love how some totally useless pokemon are being revitalized. the more viable pokemon there are, the less stale the metagame will get a year or two in. i think mega's add a cool strategy element and several are looking to be worse than their original versions. the stats are impressive but the loss of an item combined with the inability to scarf or run a ton of sets needs to be factored in. for all we know mega garchomp will be the next rampardos. Obviously all the mewtwos will be uber but lets hold off judgement on the rest

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)