Countdown to XY: A Nostalgia Thread

Day 24: What is the cutest Pokémon?

PICK ONE.

Let the battle begin. Also, if you don't explain your answer I will delete your post. No cute trainer spam. :c

The last five days of the countdown will be about XY.
It's clearly Larvitar. It's a little dinosaur that eats mountains and apples. Also, it was so cute, Brock showed his eyes to it. That's something.

Vulpix is the cutest Pokemon in my opinion. I grew up watching the original anime and I loved seeing Brock send out his Vulpix! It has always been one of my favorite Pokemon. There's no real way to explain how something is cute... it just is or isn't! I'll try I guess. I love its big brown eyes, and the curls of hair on her head. Her tails add a perfect touch! I think Vulpix is one of the best designed Pokemon in general. Simple, yet unique!

Also the past few Pokemon games have done a terrible job with Vulpix sprites (especially DP...). Hope that changes in XY!

Last edited:
Very well then. The cutest Pokemon is...

Eevee! I mean, look at it! It's adorable and cute and cuddly and I WANT ONE!

EDIT: Also, an addendum to yesterday's question: Lugia in Mystery Dungeon. It's an amazing legendary normally, but then it starts at level 30 (?), takes forever to level up, and has awful moves. Woo-freaking-hoo.

Last edited:

The title definitely goes to Pikachu. There's a reason why it's the series mascot and most Pokémon fans either love it or hate it.

Mew is the cutest Pokémon of all. Watch the following video if you don't believe me.

Admit it. Even you manly men thought this thing was adorable.

dwarfstar

mindless philosopher
Day 24: What is the cutest Pokemon?

Joltik. Most definitely Joltik. First, let's look at overall design. It's tiny, fluffy as hell, and has big bright eyes. Very cute. The way it hops in the BW sprite animation is cute on its own, and it also reminds me of jumping spiders (the cutest animals on the planet, with the possible exception of certain kittens/frogs). Finally, its tendency to attach to things and leech off static electricity gives me an image of a Joltik making a little nest in my hair (which is very long and thick and seems like it moves around enough to generate a little static of its own), which makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

...On a related note, I was joking around with a friend about a year ago about Jedi Pokemon, and I tried to draw a Jedi Joltik. It lends itself curiously well to the part, which makes things even better.

PICK ONE.

Let the battle begin. No top fives, no honorable mentions, one cutemon to rule them all.

Mudkip's cheerful smile exhibits emanates happiness. The round nature of its fin, its outstretched limb show that this is one cute, cuddly helper ready to lend a hand. The blue tones highlight the orange gills that, incidentally like a star convey connotations of cuteness. The beady eyes likewise showcase Mudkip's adorable nature, exhibiting an intoxicating aura that screams "Hug me!". Did i mention, I liek Mudkipz?

Riolu. Lucario is my favorite pokemon of all time, and then Riolu is very similar, but without the super-strong look and is a lot cuter due to being an NFE(but not as cool-looking). Honorable mentions to none, close second to none, Riolu is cuter than all other pokemon, no exceptions, no close second.

Stone RG

Megas are broke
Day 24:
Cutest Pokemon? Damn Stellar that's harsh. I'm gonna have to go with the cutest starter of all time: Cyndaquil

I mean look at it!

I don't know what makes it cute but it just is.
U got me, the cyndaquil line by themselves are the definition of turning into a badass form the cutest poke. The fact that he never opens hsi eyes also gets past my resistance to cuteness :]

Day 24: Lopunny. In my first playthrough of Diamond, I used a Lopunny just because I thought it was adorable. You would think that didn't turn out so well, but she was a star player on my team, even through the Elite Four. Her big red eyes, little poofy tail, and massive fluffy ears are all just a bundle of cute. Not to mention its sweet cry.

PICK ONE.

Let the battle begin. No top fives, no honorable mentions, one cutemon to rule them all.

After seeing it, I think Goomy has easily become one of the cutest, if not the cutest, Pokémon, IMO. ^_^

Bull of Heaven

Did someone say "rounded features"?

Round body, small flippers, big round eyes, small but visible teeth. Also, it's a seal. Not convinced yet? Here are some Dex entries:

Spheal is much faster rolling than walking to get around. When groups of this Pokémon eat, they all clap at once to show their pleasure. Because of this, their mealtimes are noisy.
Spheal always travels by rolling around on its ball-like body. When the season for ice floes arrives, this Pokémon can be seen rolling about on ice and crossing the sea.
It is completely covered with plushy fur. As a result, it never feels the cold even when it is rolling about on ice floes or diving in the sea.

The fact that it eventually becomes a badass-looking Walrein is just the icing on the cake.

23: I second Gulpin, I thought that thing was going to be so cool, like a third gen Muk. Wrongo. I will also go with Manectric. I got the card before I played the game, and it looked so cool, then I used it. Just wasn't cool at all after that.

Also, just reading all of Day 22's posts, I never realized just how cool and deep the characters (especially gym leaders) are in Gen 1. I mean, really, Erika seems like the lamest one, and she's better than like 75% of everyone else.

24: There are several, but this one is still classic.

Last edited:
RANDOM HAPPENSTANCE
<- Deleted my usual avatar just now. My randomly chosen Avatar is also the cutest Pokemon!
whoop-whoopa.
Look at that smile! He is so derpy. He can learn ice punch- that is so stupid it is adorable.

Day 23: Which Pokémon was the biggest disappointment when you used it in-game?
Vibrava is worse than Trapinch. I know it's a mid-stage and all, but it just sucks. I'm not expecting it to be a monster that sweeps everything on it's åath, but it could do NOTHING in BW2. At least Trapinch, when it took a hit, did massive damage.

Stellar, that's just cruel and mean and horrible. That's what you are. Now don't take that TOO seriously
This is an incredibly tough pick between two Pokemon, but I'll go with Joltik. It's just a such cute fuzzy ball of adorable.

Nidoran male, yeah some artwork of it might not look overly cute but just look at these:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)