Pokémon XY Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about you guys, but, I'm not too bothered by the fact there's only a day or two of Post-game. A handful of Legendaries, a silly semi-Battle Tower and Safari Zone sound pretty good when you remember that this gen has possibly the largest re-playability factor in the entire series. 450 Pokemon in the Kalos dex gives you an AMAZING amount of potential variety. And if you don't limit yourself to new Pokemon, the sheer amount of team combinations is staggering.

GALVANTULAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

DOESN'T MATTER HOW MANY POKEMON X AND Y INCLUDE, I GET MEGA GALVANTULA

This man gets me!!!

I don't know about you guys, but, I'm not too bothered by the fact there's only a day or two of Post-game. A handful of Legendaries, a silly semi-Battle Tower and Safari Zone sound pretty good when you remember that this gen has possibly the largest re-playability factor in the entire series. 450 Pokemon in the Kalos dex gives you an AMAZING amount of potential variety. And if you don't limit yourself to new Pokemon, the sheer amount of team combinations is staggering.
Number of pokemon =/= replayability

There are a whole host of things that make people want to play a game over and over. Variety is a part of the equation, but that doesn't make it an important factor.

Wow I can't believe there is only going to be 69 new pokemon this generation. That's crazy! I mean its 29 less pokemon than the previous record holder for generation with least new pokemon (2nd Generation.) I wonder If we are missing some event pokemon or something...

So I want to do a mono-Fire run this time through, and based on that chart above these are my options:

Fennekin
Torchic*
Charmander
Fletchling
Pansear
Litleo
Houndour
Flareon
Magcargo
Chandelure
Heatmor

* event

That's it? I'm pretty much going Fennekin/Torchic/Charmander X/Houndour/Litleo/Chandelure?

Wow I can't believe there is only going to be 69 new pokemon this generation. That's crazy! I mean its 29 less pokemon than the previous record holder for generation with least new pokemon (2nd Generation.) I wonder If we are missing some event pokemon or something...
31 less
well
by this time next year probably 30 less, since I doubt this will be the one generation with no event legends.

So I want to do a mono-Fire run this time through, and based on that chart above these are my options:

Fennekin
Torchic*
Charmander
Fletchling
Pansear
Litleo
Houndour
Flareon
Magcargo
Chandelure
Heatmor

* event

That's it? I'm pretty much going Fennekin/Torchic/Charmander X/Houndour/Litleo/Chandelure?
Torkoal's in the mountain dex (#96), so there's that. Not sure how late in-game that would be.

Number of pokemon =/= replayability

There are a whole host of things that make people want to play a game over and over. Variety is a part of the equation, but that doesn't make it an important factor.
When it comes to Pokemon, that's more or less the only thing that matters. You can't really play anything else differently in the game, so having a large variety of team combinations would indeed be the primary reason for re-playability.

Now for other, less-formulaic games, I certainly agree with you. But we're talking Pokemon here. And I did say it would the "largest re-playability factor in the series" referring just to Pokemon. Unless you can name another re-playability factor besides variety that one of the other main-series Pokemon games has, I'm not seeing your point.

Probably always offers the charizardite of the other version. Unless I got mixed up and this is the y version we're talking about.
Kampachi was playing the Y version (he leaked Yveltal's stats). Think about it, if you can get the Charizardnite X in the Y version (and viceversa), then those items are not version exclusive, right?

I actually like Noivern's stats. Assuming at least 130 Speed and 90ish SpA it can scout teams with Frisk and U-turn while threatening a decently strong STAB Draco Meteor backed by LO or something.

Josh is playing X, right? Hopefully he'll stumble across Xerneas soon.
Josh got a Skelp, so he is playing the Y version too.

Noivern stats: 85-100/56-72/74-89/83-99/80-95/124-139

This assumes no EVs though, actual stats will probably be slightly lower.
Looks like a slightly less bulky Altaria (especially on the special side), but more powerful and a lot faster. Looks like a solid UU Pokemon at least.

Fennekin
Torchic*
Charmander
Fletchling
Pansear
Litleo
Houndour
Flareon
Magcargo
Chandelure
Heatmor

* event

I'm doing my all fire team on Y since MegaZard Y has Drought! Then I'm going for a mixed team on X

I haven't got a problem with the low number since this has to be the generation with the highest rate of interesting designs and new approaches. There's next to nothing I can't imagine using at least as a nice playthrough-Pokémon; in my eyes, the got rid of a lot of fillers (save bug/rodent/flyer/pikaesque) which nobody uses anyway. You've got the usual upperclass-things in Goodra and Aegishield (both having different aspects that make them great and not 'just' good stats, I'd call them some of the most inspired Pokémon ever - although Poison on Goodra would have been really nice), new types people were longing for - here we have the Dragon/Poison, some pretty great forest spirits and great legendaries that won't be the only of this generation.
Stall apparrently got a buff - look at all those defenses - and our little mountan fairy; no power creep this time. Mega-Evolutions come to mind, but everybody gets just one - and on the examples of stats we got, I assume it's fair to say that these are not gamebreaking.

Last edited:
This has really turned in to the whining thread. Everyone is complaining about the number of new pokemon. I think there are plenty. We already have around 700, do we really need more? I love the way they are trying to improve some old ones. Quality over quantity is huge with me. I hate seeing a ton of new garbage designs that don't even deserve to be called Pokemon. Generation 4 and 5 both had way too many legendaries. it made it so they weren't even special or significant. They were all over the place in gen 5. 3 new ones is plenty in my opinion. I think we need to shift from complaining and judging the game before even playing it back to figuring out how pokemon evolve and getting an estimate of their base stats, such a xerneas. We havent even gotten a look at mega garchomp or charizard y yet. We got a whole new type which means a new metagame.

Kampachi was playing the Y version (he leaked Yveltal's stats). Think about it, if you can get the Charizardnite X in the Y version (and viceversa), then those items are not version exclusive, right?
I didn't catch the name of the leaker we were talking about. So sue me.

There's a safari zone? Or have I misunderstood?

There's a safari zone? Or have I misunderstood?
It's kind of a "Friend Zone" where each section is based on a friend you have added, and the Pokemon are generated there depending on what they have/like. (Details are kind of vague. I don't know if it follows the "you don't send out your own Pokemon" Safari Zone thing.) But I meant it was a semi-Safari Zone.

I imagine we'll get more info on it later tonight when the leakers are more active. Kenpachi mostly skipped it over to go hunting for Mewtwo/Zygarde.

I would like to redirect your attention to one of the first rumors from a few months ago. I'm copy-pasting this from 4chan so take it with a grain of salt:

Dianshii (ディアンシー) — Possibly a deer Pokémon. It’s name could come from deer + fancy + antsy. Apparently this ended up being Gourgeist instead.
Hariboogu (ハリボーグ) — Most likely the evolution of Chespin — Hari (ハリ) comes from pin/needle, boogu (ボーグ) or bogue, is the name of the shell of a chestnut is French. Thanks to belmad for this tip-off!
Gekogashira (ゲコガシラ) — Possibly from gecko + boss. Gashira means either head or boss. Possibly a Froakie evolution. Frogadier.
Borukenion (ボルケニオン) — Probably Volcanyon — likely boruke (ボルケ) from volcano and nion (ニオン) from canyon. It's Pyroar.
Dedenne (デデンネ)
Horubii (ホルビー) — Likely comes from horu (ホル) to dig + bee. Bunnelby.
Nyaonikusu (ニャオニクス) — Probably Meowstick, as mentioned in a previous leak

Burigaron (ブリガロン) — Maybe a blizzard wolf: buri (ブリ) from blizzard (burizaado) + garo (ガロ / 牙狼) meaning fanged wolf. It could also come from garou (餓狼) meaning starving wolf.
Jigarude (ジガルデ) — Is possibly from Jiga (ジガ / 自我), which means ego. Zygarde.
Mafokushii (マフォクシー) — Is possibly an evolution of Fennekin: Mafoxy
Fuupa (フーパ) — fuu (フー) is most likely wind, pa (パ) could be many things. Assumed to be Floette.
Gekkouga (ゲッコウガ) — Gekkou (ゲッコウ) means moonlight + ga (ガ) is moth. Literally moonlight moth. It's Greninja.
Torimian (トリミアン)
Teerunaa (テールナー) — Possibly related to Gekkouga. Teeru (テール) means tail and runaa (ルナー) means lunar. Braixen.

All these pokemon except one have been confirmed.
The only exception is:
Burigaron (ブリガロン) — Maybe a blizzard wolf: buri (ブリ) from blizzard (burizaado) + garo (ガロ / 牙狼) meaning fanged wolf. It could also come from garou (餓狼) meaning starving wolf.

People are speculating it might be a legendary ice-type wolf based on Fenrir. We might have a legendary quartet intead of a trio this time.
I see no reason to doubt this when everything else turned out to be true. Keep in mind this rumor was floating around long before pokemon such as Pyroar and Braixen were revealed. Hell even Zygarde's katakana name is there.

Also, according to one of the leakers:
"This is the second time an NPC talks about some sort of Wolf Pokemon, more than 50 hours playing and have yet to find it."
This is wrong. Pyroar is 'Kaenjishi' so Borukenion is something else, and Burigaron could very well be Chesnaught iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)