Pokémon XY Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwarfstar

mindless philosopher
It's not immune to physical damage in shield form. King's Shield will undoubtedly fail after a while, just as Protect does.

Thing is, why would you even need to run speed if King's Shield is a priority move?
You could stay in defensive stance, boost up and then just simply tank a hit in defensive stance and hit them with whatever.
Rinse and repeat with King's Shield for defensive stance again.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Thing is, why would you even need to run speed if King's Shield is a priority move?
You could stay in defensive stance, boost up and then just simply tank a hit in defensive stance and hit them with whatever.
It will fail but then the physical attacker is probably at -2 from earlier use. Possibly even lower.

So does anyone have an updated visual pokedex of all the new pokemon, including megas? It's so hard to keep track of this thread, with all the talk on stats and everything...

So Misty Terrain is Safeguard--?

Anyway, if Togepi is pure Fairy it seems like Togekiss will be Fairy/Flying.

Old Toge:
Weak: Rock, Electric, Ice
Resist: Bug, Grass
Immune: Ghost, Ground

New Toge:
Weak: Rock, Electric, Ice, Poison, Steel
Resist: Fighting (x4), Bug (x4), Dark,
Immune: Dragon, Ground

So it'll pick up a couple more weaknesses while gaining useful resistances/immunities to the most common physical attacking types.
Were did the grass resistance go?

☆So... we could •Shield, Swords Dance, Shield, *insert learnable physical move*• and basically run through opponents? Well, PP willing, all six of the opponents.

Shiny Magmortar

Banned deucer.
Does anyone have a list of all the revealed pokemon with their estimated base stats? I know people have been calculating them but is there and single place where it was all organized into one stat list?

New Toge:
Weak: Rock, Electric, Ice, Poison, Steel
Resist: Fighting (x4), Bug (x4), Dark,
Immune: Dragon, Ground

So it'll pick up a couple more weaknesses while gaining useful resistances/immunities to the most common physical attacking types.
On paper, this looks really, really good. The Fairy-type in general seems excellent defensively and offensively, almost annoyingly so. Gamefreak made no hesitation to make this as anti-metagame as they could and thus it looks as if it could be the new "best" type. I think it would have been nice to make it weak to dark as well, which really didn't need to be nerfed (plus that kind of duality doesn't yet exist and would kind of make sense). Though I have to say it doesn't seem to me as if it'll be more powerful than Dragon was (or Gen. 1 Psychic lol) so it's probably more of a better thing. I think the one-per-game "megaevolutions", new type, dual type moves, and new weather/terrain conditions all bring a pretty fresh twist to things.

On a side note, Yveltal and Dragalge are the two best pokemon to come out since Gen. 3 Pokemon aesthetically (bar maybe 2-3 newer ones). Aegishield's whole stance thing is massively interesting and entertaining.

And I'm convinced Zygarde is some sort of veiled trolling attempt by Gamefreak to say "we're done with all the stupid mega-dragon legendaries now"

I think he was talking about its high defense, not just about King's Shield...?
What I'm saying is this: If Kings Shield is say, a new form of Relic Song, in that it is what changes Aegisblades form, then you could say that you would be immune to physical damage as Long as your in Shield Form. From the discription I read, it seems that Aegisblades only changes forms after using a move other than Kings Shield. So take this into consideration; your opponent has say, a scizor out. So you switch into Aegisblade. Scizors attack is lowered, and Aegisblade takes no damage. You have now forced your opponent to switch since Aegisblades defenses plus the attack drop has basically made Scizor useless. Anticipating the switch, you can now double-switch, or proceed to set up with Swords Dance.

The defensive and offensive possibilities are endless with this new mon.

Has anyone seen any information about Mega Kangaskan? Or found any of the other Mega stones that trainers have used? Like the Gyarados one?

I'm really impressed by the concept behind Aegislash.
It seems that only King's Shield triggers forme change so I'm going to say it's like Meloetta.
But the concept + execution is so perfectly integrated in this case I'm kind of in awe...lol

King's Shield is not a bad move in it's own right.
Remember that it nerfs the attack of the assailant if it uses a contact move.
That could make it even easier for Aegislash's defensive forme to tank the next attack and set up.

It's hard to believe these are the same guys that came up with the wrong-headed Zen Mode Darmanitan.
"We'll give this Pokemon an ability that makes it slower and gives it more weaknesses but only after it has halved its HP."
"Yeah, sounds great! How quickly can you code that up?"

Is there a place where I can find the base stats of pokemon that have their base stats calculated (or estimated)?

E: nvm, someone posted that right above me

Has anyone seen any information about Mega Kangaskan? Or found any of the other Mega stones that trainers have used? Like the Gyarados one?
I'm wondering about Kangaskhan as well. Pretty sure none of the leakers have mentioned it so far so there's a chance it just hasn't been found yet, there are still some open spots in the Coastal and Mountain dexes.

Is there a place where I can find the base stats of pokemon that have their base stats calculated (or estimated)?
Was posted only a few posts above you.

Also, King's Shield isn't the only thing that lets Aegishield change. Offensive skill switch him to Blade Forme, so it's probably save to assume any defensive skill will switch to Shield Forme. But King's Shield is probably the best choice for that anyway. But it's not something you'd compare to Relic Song.

Togetic is a fairy type?! YES! Togetic will be used more! Now if only Plusle could get fariyfied... (I like to use my two favorite NU Pokemon in OU so any buff will be helpful.)

☆So... we could •Shield, Swords Dance, Shield, *insert learnable physical move*• and basically run through opponents? Well, PP willing, all six of the opponents.
Unless they are a special attacker who is uneffected by kings shield and then outspeed and KOs you the following turn. All 6 opponents seems like a bit much but this move is looking pretty ridiculous at the moment... maybe even suspect worthy. we will have to see

I'm really looking forward to using Aegislash. It looks like set-up sweeper extraordinaire and great for doing mind-games with King's Shield. And as a small bonus, you get it early in-game too, it seems.

while steel types are typically defensive and some are suffering from having fewer resistances, scizor as the most offensive steel will likely be even more popular than before because of that stab technician bullet punch. Chlorophyll venusaur and mega/ regular gengar with sludge bomb could be popular fairy checks as well.
Mega-Mawile looks like it'll be a great anti-fairy fairy too. It helps that the steel-type neutralises the fairy-type weaknesses.

while steel types are typically defensive and some are suffering from having fewer resistances, scizor as the most offensive steel will likely be even more popular than before because of that stab technician bullet punch. Chlorophyll venusaur and mega/ regular gengar with sludge bomb could be popular fairy checks as well.
Sludge Bomb hasn't really been a popular choice on Gengar, so I'm excited to see how that changes due to fairies.

Actually the only contact moves that will be used against it once it's on the field (and it's able to use King's Sield are Crunch (which most users have Fire Blast or Earthquake anyway), Flare Blitz, Fire Pinch, V-Create (Not that common and mostly seen on sun teams) and Pursuit (This is an interesting situation), otherwise Fire Blast, Dark Pulse. Shadow Ball, Hydro Pump, Etc... remain unaffected and will probably keep everything under control

Pfah, well I'm definately not going to have an easy time pursuit-trapping Aegislash safely with Weavile, that's for sure.

I really want more data on Heliolisk. So far there's only been one very bloomy pic of it putting up its frill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)