Pokémon XY Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I think it would just make that pokemon a pure grass type. Definitely an interesting find though if it doesn't work that way.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Concerning the whole Sea Spirit Den thing, I too believe it will be event-activated.

I mean, Sinnoh Route 224 was kind of an anticlimax without Oak's Letter. If you tried to keep track of the Seagallop Ferries in FRLG, it would appear to be a couple of missing numbers, accounted for by the two events in Sevii Islands. Unova has a couple of places which appear to be dead ends until events are activated.

On the other hand, there are plenty of other completely dead ends in the series. The white rock outside Mossdeep Space Center. Pattern Bush. The underground tunnel between Celadon and Lavender in G/S/C. Scorched Slab. It wouldn't be too unlike GameFreak to make a mystery without any solution again.

About the new move Forest's Curse, read the description carefully.

That "as well" is intriguing. Does it mean it *adds* a grass-type without replacing the old one? How would it work against dual-types?
It could also mean "it changes the target's type into grass just like the user", but what about Smeargle?
My first impression is that it's Ghost type Curse + Grass type Soak, so 25% HP lost each turn and the target is now Grass type.

probably a dumb question, but have any leakers thus far been keeping track of the available customisation options in the boutiques? apart from the goddamn fedora

Has anyone seen a Dedenne? I was hoping they would show something about it to see if its bad or not. I know it'll probably be bad but I need to see some stats lol

When I'm looking at the whole mirror thing at Sea Spirit Den... I'm reminded of a certain spot where you had to close the lid on the DS to make progress. It wasn't even really hinted and I recall I only got through it by sheer accident.

I could see there being some obscure 3DS gimmick to use there.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
^Is that even in the same cave?

Either way, I guess that if something ever is to appear there, it will probably appear in the mirror before it does in the "real world". Your mirror image will poke it somehow, triggering a battle. That trope is too obvious to avoid.

I was originally under the impression that the 3D function of the 3DS could be used actively to actually help progress the story. But I've not yet found anything to verify that ;_;

But slightly more relevant to the thread, I have tried and tried to keep up with all the stats getting released (that's what I'm in it for yup yup) and I have to say, it's been a lot to take in. I do really hope that one of the two type combos I originally wanted to guide a CAP in the direction of (Dragon/Fighting and Psychic/Poison) are on the way soon. Does anyone think there are more to come? Or have they already exhausted their new type combos for one generation?

^Is that even in the same cave?

Either way, I guess that if something ever is to appear there, it will probably appear in the mirror before it does in the "real world". Your mirror image will poke it somehow, triggering a battle. That trope is too obvious to avoid.
I thought it was. If it isn't, it's not that much of a difference.

There's plenty of stuff that could be done with it, really. I could iagine something like swapping places with your mirror image to allow you to search the other side, which isn't *quite* the same.

He was probably pointing out that Moonblast is the first "95 BP 100% accurate special attack" not to be avialable via TH/HM, unlike Surf, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower and Sludge Wave.
Flamethrower wasn't a TM until Gen III, and neither Thunderbolt nor Ice Beam were TMs in Gen II (there was a tutor for the 3 moves in Crystal tho, but the point stands).

Dazzling Gleam is 80 BP, 100% accuracy, no secondary effect. You get it after beating the sixth gym.
Fairy's Shadow Ball, I'm guessing?
And how come Grass never got a 95 BP attack? The other main special elements did like Fire, Water, and Electric. Even Poison has one. Now Fairy comes in & gets not only a 95 BP attack, but an 80 BP one as well. Gamefreak picked favorites this gen!

And how come Grass never got a 95 BP attack? The other main special elements did like Fire, Water, and Electric. Even Poison has one. Now Fairy comes in & gets not only a 95 BP attack, but an 80 BP one as well. Gamefreak picked favorites this gen!
Well, at least Shadow Ball had a secondary effect...this is more like special Fairy Strength, but even then Strength has applications outside of battle.

Flamethrower wasn't a TM until Gen III, and neither Thunderbolt nor Ice Beam were TMs in Gen II (there was a tutor for the 3 moves in Crystal tho, but the point stands).
Yes but we're going by the standards set in Gen III when BoltBeamThrower moves getting TMs is the accepted norm

Grass was always intended to be more supportive in nature (see what I did there?), so Grass would get all those fancy status and pseudo status moves, as well as its own moderately powered draining move. At least Grass-type has its own Shadow Ball, but there just aren't any more offensive Grass-type moves without some serious drawback (not counting Seed Flare).

Btw: people should stop daydreaming about Fairy Togekiss. Now that Electric-types can no longer be paralyzed, Togekiss will have more checks and counters than ever before (Zapdos is gonna be the shit!).

Dazzling Gleam probably has a better distribution and at the very least some pokemon that will have acces to it that can't learn Moonblast, probably many non-fairies like energy ball

Moonblast lowers SpA so if Togekiss gets it then it can do something good against all those electric switch ins...

Grass was always intended to be more supportive in nature (see what I did there?), so Grass would get all those fancy status and pseudo status moves, as well as its own moderately powered draining move. At least Grass-type has its own Shadow Ball, but there just aren't any more offensive Grass-type moves without some serious drawback (not counting Seed Flare).

Btw: people should stop daydreaming about Fairy Togekiss. Now that Electric-types can no longer be paralyzed, Togekiss will have more checks and counters than ever before (Zapdos is gonna be the shit!).
I prefer bulkydos myself. Which doesn't really mind para but detests toxic.

Hello, thanks for all the leaks. I only have one question, do we know how many Pokémon will be available in X and Y ? I've read 300 many times, but it seems that every Kalos sub Pokédex have 150 Pokémon each, so... 450 Pokémon available ? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)