Pokémon XY Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
a nerf to hidden power Fire...
Timid 100 Base Spatk, 252 EVs, Life Orb attacker will still OHKO a standard CB Scizor with 60 BP Hidden power. Anything less will fall into a chance to miss the OHKO. Things that don't fully invest into offense, mixed attackers and walls might have issues, but anything even semi-offensives won't care.

While it's a nerf, its impact on Scizor isn't going to allow it to switch into people with impunity.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Grass types are going to stick with Hidden Power for coverage because they have pretty much nothing else. Thundurus lucks out with Grass Knot.

So it seems that Hi Jump Kick is now spelled High Jump Kick.
I can just see the Bulbapedia Trivia now.
  • Did you know? High Jump Kick is one of only three moves to change names between generations. Its original name, Hi Jump Kick, was chosen to preserve space in the limited Game Boy format. For unknown reasons, despite the character limit increase in Generation IV, the move was not renamed until Generation VI.

Wow these new move changes are crazy, I wonder why special attackers are getting nerfed that much...

Also welcome to the greatest revenge-killer of any generation of pokemon ever - Mega Gengar!!!! There is no way Gengar will be OU playable being a trapper that can effortlessly take out so many different Pokemon...I could also see it being a top-used Uber (yes I know being OU and being good in Ubers aren't related).

Hard to do calcs at such a low level but HP is just 1 out of Normal Absol's max stat at this point, Attack is improved by around 10, defense and SpD are generally the same, SpA seems to be boosted by about the same amount Absol's attack was, and Speed was significantly improved. Best thing I can compare it to would probably be a Dark-Typed Infernape.

Special Attackers should be getting a nerf imo, I don't know about you guys but whenever I want to make a HO team I literally have to go back and switch a Special Attacker for a physical one because I have none. Special Attackers are just generally stronger than physical attackers, take Gengar, Starmie, and Alakazam for example

Hard to do calcs at such a low level but HP is just 1 out of Normal Absol's max stat at this point, Attack is improved by around 10, defense and SpD are generally the same, SpA seems to be boosted by about the same amount Absol's attack was, and Speed was significantly improved. Best thing I can compare it to would probably be a Dark-Typed Infernape.
Shame its only level 15, that makes calculations pretty unhelpful.

edit:
Well.
Horde battles just got more interesting, I'd say.
whoa
whoa does this mean what i think it might

Why did they nerf Hidden Power of all things? Seriously, what about stuff like Lilligant that actually need HP for any decent coverage? (Seriously, Lilligant's entire "coverage" consists of Giga Drain and Hidden Power.) Also, Focus Blast. PLEASE, Gamefreak, make a GOOD balancing decision when it comes to moves. Please. At least 80% accuracy. Also, YES! Hidden abilities!

#151Mo - Mega Mewtwo X (Psychic/Fighting)
Base 106/194/90/150/90/130
Steadfast

#151Mo - Mega Mewtwo Y (Psychic)
Base 106/150/70/194/120/140
Insomnia

I'm not sure who calculated the BSTs here but it's kind of unusual that MMX has less total BST than MMY

Edit: Ok I guess there are a few more discrepancies in the main post of the data collection thread. Anyone know the true BST of MMX?

The Mega-Absol appears to have something like 150/110/110 offences at the very least. Still, it's very hard to do calculations with such a low level, and if the defences are same (they appear to be), the BST is quite low for a mega...

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
Horde battles have Pokemon with "rare abilities", eh? That sure sounds exciting... the question is, do they have new abilities, or do you find their Dream World equivalents in hordes?

Since game freak seems to being trying to crack down on cheating, i wouldnt be overly surprised if they just got rid of IVs period. they really are the only reason people use pokegen/pokesav and whatever else. breeding for moves and nature really isnt tough. Since IV's no longer affect the base of hidden power im wondering if this is a possibility

#151Mo - Mega Mewtwo X (Psychic/Fighting)
Base 106/194/90/150/90/130
Steadfast

#151Mo - Mega Mewtwo Y (Psychic)
Base 106/150/70/194/120/140
Insomnia

I'm not sure who calculated the BSTs here but it's kind of unusual that MMX has less total BST than MMY

Edit: Ok I guess there are a few more discrepancies in the main post of the data collection thread. Anyone know the true BST of MMX?
+10 base for both defenses (so 100, 100)
+80 for attack (so 190)

That's what someone said who supposedly has the game. He didn't prove it by showing screens though...

Im disappointed in the current special nerfs. How are we supposed to knock out those tanky pokemon like mamoswine and torterra knowing that the damn power moves were nerfed like this. I hope gamefreak unnerfs the power moves next gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)