Pokémon XY Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far, every Mega has gained a full 100 points to its Base Stat Total.

That bodes ill for the potential utility of Mega Mawile, who would end up with a still-poor 480 if the patterns hold, and whose Huge Power boosted base 85 Attack is being eclipsed by Megas of other, more well-rounded Pokemon.

If Game Freak was trying to use Megas to stimulate balance, they've not done a very good job of it.
I think Megas came about more as a shake up than actual balance

That bodes ill for the potential utility of Mega Mawile, who would end up with a still-poor 480 if the patterns hold, and whose Huge Power boosted base 85 Attack is being eclipsed by Megas of other, more well-rounded Pokemon.

If Game Freak was trying to use Megas to stimulate balance, they've not done a very good job of it.
I think 85 base power with huge power is still much higher than most pokemon, and probably close to most megas. Azumarill has 50 and it hits pretty hard.

Yea but that's actually a fairly big boost, and if it has the right boosts to defenses it shouldn't be very bad considering steel/fairy is really fantastic defensive typing

#666 - Vivillion (Bug/Flying)
Base 80/50/50/100/50/100
Compound Eyes

I doubt it, since the only Bug types that can learn Fly are Volcarona and Genesect. (Even though one of Yanmega's Pokedex entries specfically states that it can carry a human in flight, it can't learn Fly. Logic.)
100 SpA, 100 Speed, and Compoundeyes? This could be awesome. Pleeeease learn fly and other great moves...

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

uh... what?

Mawile has 295 Atk max without Huge Power. That's 590 Atk with it.

Actually, no. Nintendo can only request them to stop doing it. Whoever is doing it is not under any legal restrictions.
Actually he is. Nintendo has an Embargo in place regarding any in-game content, until the release Saturday. Anybody who is leaking information on the game withou permission can get in big legal trouble.

I always wanted to surf board on a genesect.

That makes me wonder what pokemon with what moves are going to have special animations

If its base attack stays at 85 (Which it probably won't) then MegaMawile base attack will be 170. What exactly is that eclipsed by?

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
Yea but that's actually a fairly big boost, and if it has the right boosts to defenses it shouldn't be very bad considering steel/fairy is really fantastic defensive typing
Pretty much this. The official announcement already confirmed he will have boosted defenses, and Steel/Fairy is amazing. Even without touching his base attack, a stat of 590 is incredible! I think things look just fine for Mega Mawile.

As R_N said though, these Megas are more of a shake up than a balancing effort. Even as we're learning all of these new stats and abilities, it's still very unclear what Pokemon is going to be "too powerful" or "not good enough" to fit into standard play.

Actually he is. Nintendo has an Embargo in place regarding any in-game content, until the release Saturday. Anybody who is leaking information on the game withou permission can get in big legal trouble.
Individuals who have gotten hold of the game have no legal obligations to Nintendo. They can post whatever info they want, so long as it doesn't constitute copyright infringement.

Agonist

Pretty much this. The official announcement already confirmed he will have boosted defenses, and Steel/Fairy is amazing. Even without touching his base attack, a stat of 590 is incredible! I think things look just fine for Mega Mawile.

As R_N said though, these Megas are more of a shake up than a balancing effort. Even as we're learning all of these new stats and abilities, it's still very unclear what Pokemon is going to be "too powerful" or "not good enough" to fit into standard play.
Do note that 590 Atk is only with maximum investment (although why wouldn't you).

Agonist

Without investment, Mawile only hits 412 Atk (although that's still ridiculous considering no investment at all).

This is all assuming its Atk isn't boosted.

Mawhile from past generations has a great moveset too. Not much in the way of support moves that would be useful (though it's a baton passer and can learn pain split) but great stabs + elemental punches and sucker punch

Hi! Is this a new pokemon? I still never heard of it...

I friend of mine sent this image and swears it was real.
I can't wait to play it!
Yeah, that's a pre-evo of another Pokemon we know of. The evolved form is called "Loadovshet"

If a new Pokemon is not mentioned in the data thread, then it's pretty much fake. Please take the time to look through what info we have gathered on X&Y already and the common sense to gauge a fake leak before posting anything sketchy here.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
And Sucker Punch, and Intimidate in its base form.
Whoa, hold up. I never even considered that until now. Due to the way Mega Evolutions work, Mawile would already have to be out on the field to mega-evolve, which means Intimidate would already have fired. This means that Mega Mawile effectively has BOTH Intimidate AND Huge Power!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)