Smogon Fantasy Basketball '13-'14

It's that time of the year again folks!

Anyone interested in playing (keeper or standard), post below (with preferred format if you want to mention it). Last year there were a couple of more leagues, so plan them here as well.

We can use this post to keep track of interest, leagues and members.

Keeper League: Info in 2nd post!

2 league join link: click here

Non-keeper league interest:
SGV
Stallion
The_Chaser
Dubulous
Mizuno
MeowMixx
Ghost_Chill

Last edited:
Now, our keeper league. I have sent invites directly from Yahoo! to everyone that participated last year. I will probably send some pm's or something as well. For anyone that did not participate in the keeper league last year, please let me know if you are interested! If space frees up then I will let anyone interested in joining know.

Last year we agreed (I think) on a new set of more complex rules regarding keepers. Here are the rules:
  1. Up to three players can be kept
  2. Keeping a player means giving up a draft round equal to the round the players was drafted last year (in our league) + 1.
    Example: John Wall was drafted 6th last year. Team X can keep him by giving up the 5th round pick this year.
  3. If keeping two or more players and they make it so that the same draft round is forfeited, then the additional player can be kept by giving up an additional higher round (so +2 for two, +3 for three...)
    Example: John Wall and Kyle Lowry were drafted in round 6 last year. Team X owns them both. They can be both kept by giving up the 5th round pick and 4th round pick this year.
  4. However, if two or more players make it so that the first round is forfeited, only one of them can be kept.
    Example: Team X has both Lebron James and Kevin Durant, which were drafted in the first round last year. Only one of them can be kept this year.
  5. A player can be kept by the same team for up to 2 years. If the players was a first round pick the year before, that player can only be kept 1 year (giving up the first round pick for the year being kept).
    Example: Team X drafted Lebron James last year in the 1st round. He can be kept again by giving up the first round pick, but cannot be kept next year by Team X.
Note: Last year's draft can be found here.

Let me know if I missed something, or if anyone think any changes should be made.

For returning teams: You can choose your keepers from the "Choose Keepers" section under "My Team". The deadline to choose keepers manually is Friday, October 18 Wednesday, October 23. This is to allow me time to approve keepers, make changes and give us flexibility on draft time.

Draft time is tentatively set for Saturday, October 26 8pm EDT. Please let me know as soon as possible if this does not work for you, so we can find the most appropriate time where most of cause can attend (note that the Yahoo apps allow for mobile drafting if it comes to that).

Last edited:
Interested in the keeper league if a spot frees up.

(FYI - the link to last year's draft doesn't work for people not already in the league, so you might want to make the league viewable to the public)

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Very interested, would also play in keeper league should a spot free up. Last year I finished second despite my first pick being Andrew Bynum...

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Very interested, would also play in keeper league should a spot free up. Last year I finished second despite my first pick being Andrew Bynum...
Was that in the league that i won? I entered four fantasy teams last year so im getting everything mixed up lol

My keeper prayers have been answered! Sorry for the hiatus last season, but I'll def be more active this time around

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
With our keeper rules, are we assuming that last year wasn't wasn't a keeper league and that this is year 1 of keepers?

When do we need to send our list in?

Stallion

Tree Young
Nvm about the second part, didn't see the ability to choose keepers

Giving up a first round pick for Love, third round pick for Davis and an eighth for Rubio. Winning at life so far :-) (until my whole team tears their ACLs)

Last edited:
Dammit I forgot keeper deadlines... Guess I have to do without durant this year... What was the ruling in terms of my free agent picks last season anyway ( to do with draft).

Good question. Right now I am treating free agent pick ups as you would give up the last pick. Do you guys agree with this?

Also, what's the preferred format for the non-keeper league: h2h or roto?

Edit: Changed keeper deadline to Wednesday to account for some people that have not joined yet.

Last edited:
Fuck yeah keeping Harden giving up 1st rounder, Batum giving up 3rd rounder, and D-Rose giving up 8th rounder.

Also, I think if you're keeping a FA pickup, sacrificing your last rounder is fine by me, since that permits only one player being kept in that manner.

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Man I feel like I'm basically forced to keep Carmelo but that's not too bad. Also keeping Lillard giving up a 7th and maaaybe Jamal Crawford to give up a 12th? IDK still on the fence about that one.

Interest seems kinda low this year. I guess I'll make the second, non-keeper league. Anyone mind a rotisserie format, for the sake of variety?

I'm interested in both the keeper and non keeper league.

Edit:

Keepers: Curry for the 3rd round draft pick and M. Gasol for round 2.

Last edited:
What's the procedure if, say, someone like Pau Gasol was drafted last year then dropped because of injury, then picked up by someone else, and they want to keep him. Does this count as a FA pickup, thereby sacrificing the last round pick, or would it require them sacrificing the round plus one corresponding to where he was drafted?

Interest seems kinda low this year. I guess I'll make the second, non-keeper league. Anyone mind a rotisserie format, for the sake of variety?
I'd still prefer h2h. After the first two months in roto half the teams have no shot at winning anymore. Maybe do an auction draft or different scoring rules if you want to change it up.

So yeah
What's the procedure if, say, someone like Pau Gasol was drafted last year then dropped because of injury, then picked up by someone else, and they want to keep him. Does this count as a FA pickup, thereby sacrificing the last round pick, or would it require them sacrificing the round plus one corresponding to where he was drafted?
I would like clarification on this !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)