Countdown to XY: A Nostalgia Thread

Pyroar had a good shot at being Fire/Water. His mane could've been an umbrella and he'd have goofy yellow flippers on his paws. Then he'd spin his tail really fast like a boat propeller.
Edit: And he breathes fire.

Fire/Grass is what I wanted to see the most. I just think of tree running back and forth, shouting "AHH!!!"

Last edited:
Day 26: What is your opinion of mega evolutions?
Seems interesting, was sold on the idea with MC-Y

Day 27: Are you disappointed in or excited for Pokémon Bank?
Neither.

Day 28: What type combination were you most looking forward to in XY?
Ghost/Steel was pretty cool to get, though it sucked that it got nerfed a bit with the Steel change

Hard to answer, I don't get excited too much over types. I think Bug-type is replete with original possibilities. An actual, fully-evolved Bug/Water. Dragon/Bug.
Poison could stand to have more options, for that I am satisfied.
Plant-types are some of my favorites but it doesn't matter what type they are paired with.

Day 23: Which Pokémon was the biggest disappointment when you used it in-game?​
Ekans/Arbok, easily.​
Day 24: What is the cutest Pokémon?
The Cinccino line, has to be.
Day 25: Are you going to buy Pokémon X, Pokémon Y, or both?
A first, it was just X. But in early September, I decided I wanted a digital copy of Y in case I don't have my physical X close by. Such as, when I'm traveling and happened to forget my copy of X. So I'm getting both. Also, I really like that "Through the Years" timeline poster that Gamestop is offering.
Day 26: What is your opinion of mega evolutions?
A great addition. It will definitely add a level of depth to the competetive and in-game scene, more so than the Fairy-type.
I'm excited. Pokémon X might just be the first game since LeafGreen that I'll actively try to complete the Pokédex again. Also, I'm sure this service will prove to be crucial in future titles.
: What type combination were you most looking forward to in XY?
Hmm.... probably Electric/Dark.

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
Pokémon Y. The minute I saw Yveltal, I fell in love with it.

I find them to be a breath of fresh air. I don't like the fact that only certain/popular Pokémon are going to get them, but it could've been way worse.

I'm neutral. I don't like spending money but I don't like leaving Pokémon behind either.

Fire/Ice. I know it'll never happen, but I can hope, right?

Pretend you don't know the new types in XY. Which type combo would you like to see the most and why?

2¡¡¡¡
I've always wanted to see a Water/Fire or Fire/Grass. The contradictory nature of those types to each other is very intriguing, and I'd love to see what Game Freak could come up with. Water/Fire could be some sort of steam or maybe an oil spill on fire. Fire/Grass could be anything from a flaming tree to a Jack-o-Lantern.

I'd also really like to see a Bug/Dragon (I'm SO disappointed that this wasn't where the Yanma line went!) or a Bug/Fairy (Vivillion, why do you have to be yet another Bug/Flying type?! Seriously.)

I am happy with a lot of the new types that have been explored recently. Gen IV brought us an amazing Grass/Ice Yeti Christmastree thing. Gen V brought us a ton of cool things like Water/Ghost, Fire/Ghost, Bug/Fire, Bug/Electric, Ground/Electric, etc. And Gen 6 is bringing us a whole new type, which is really exciting in itself. It's also bringing us Ghost/Steel, Grass/Ghost, Poison/Dragon, and a whole slew of interesting type combos. I am totally a sucker for interesting typings... we don't need any more pure water, grass, fire, or dragon pokemon. Bring on the new types!

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Bug types are plentiful, and paired with all but five types so far (six from Saturday on).

Which is a shame, because those five types in conjunction with Bug would make some damn epic designs. Just imagine:

Bug/Normal - Weirdness. Anybody remember the classic movie "The Fly"?
Bug/Psychic - CAP got a really good design out of this one. I think scarab beetles would be the way to go.
Bug/Dark - We haven't had any proper scorpions yet, nor a classic spider with a small body and long legs. Good candiates?
Bug/Ice - This combination would be really cool. Pun intended.
Bug/Dragon - Anything/Dragon. How could that go wrong? Dragonflies are obvious candidates for a design basis, but that would make Yanmega cry. Any other bugs worthy of a dragon typing?
Oh, gawd, spiders again. Now I'm not so sure if I want it any more.

Day 28: I think Grass/Fire, Water/Fire, and Normal/Ghost would be interesting. Grass/Fire could, as stated above be an awesome reference to different things, maybe the burning bush in the Bible. Water/Fire would be really different, with one of its STABs being SE against two of its weaknesses, Ground and Rock. It could be based on like, the monkeys in Japan that sit in hot springs to get warm. I read on TVTropes about how someone came up with a Shrodinger's Cat pokemon for Normal/Ghost, and I think that would be amazing. I don't know how it would be designed, but it's still a good idea to me.

Day 28: I think a bug/Ice type could be cool conceptually. It'd be interesting to see where they'd go design wise with that. (And they haven't done too much with bug typing outside of grass flying and poison.) A ghost/psychic type could be cool too (also for conceptual reasons)

Last edited:
I hope there are more shiny pokemon to earn in game. So far I have shining: Wingull from emerald, steelix from diamond, magikarp from platinum, as well as the earned ones haxorus, dratini, gyarados, gabite, as well as many shiny event pokemon, only managed to get 1 of the 3 beasts though, suicune, also a raticate ko'd itself with double edge in heart gold i think it was, a pidgey appeared BEFORE I got pokeballs in silver, and in leafgreen a meowth in the battle tower. Also in the battle tower, my weezing used thunderbolt and the sound effect kept looping until i turned off the game...

In emerald I panicked and used my master ball when the green wingull appeared...

Last edited:

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
After finding out there was a fairy type, I was definitely expecting and looking forward to a fairy dragon... guess not. Apart from that, I was really hoping for Psychic/Dark, not sure why exactly.

I'd be interested to see a Dragon/Bug. If something like Flygon isn't that typing, I wonder what will be. Plus, I think it would look really cool. I'd also be interested to see more Normal/X types.

The Aegislash line has really cool typing. Ghost/Steel means free switches into fighting types and a whole mess of resistances.

Ice/Fight dual-type. It is new (bar possibly other Gen VI mons I don't know yet, leaving over 100 possible candidates), and one of, if not the, best offensive dual type. In Gen V, it is only resisted by 24 pokemon. The only gen VI pokemon I've seen revealed that resist it are Marill and Azumarill. Furthermore, I generally like Fight types, so I'd probably like the pokemon, both conceptually and competitively.

I know a lot of people are angry about the price tag, but many are also glad that they finally have a space to store their Pokémon. Which side do you fall on?
Yeah, I guess so; I probably won't use it too much, but I think it's a good idea nonetheless.

Pretend you don't know the new types in XY. Which type combo would you like to see the most and why?

2¡¡¡¡
]
Psychic/Dark and Bug/Dark because both sound like awesome types! :P

Day 28: I would like to see ground/normal or ground/fighting because normal and fighting are the only types that haven't been paired with ground yet.

dwarfstar

mindless philosopher
Day 29: I'll be turning in an essay, skipping out of class early, playing a game of Risk with some friends, and then camping out in front of Gamestop for the midnight release.

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
I'm still completely (well, mostly) spoiler free for gen VI, so I'll be spending the next 24 hours doing the norm: staying the hell away from instagram :P Then lining up outside for the midnight release :D

But yeah, X and Y are going to be fantastic.. 7 months has gone so fast, since the announcement and such. Can't wait!

Day 29: How are you spending your last day of freedom before XY takes over your life?

A single day remains.
Working from 9-530 and then coming home to lurk these forums until Saturday. I'm still wondering whether the IV mechanics for Hidden Power stay the same. I bout my 3DS XL 9 months ago just for this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)