The Most Facepalm Worthy Thing You Have Done in All of Pokémon

Was playing Pokemon Emerald back in the day, had found out you could catch Abra in 3rd Gen. Running through the grass and on the first encounter I run into a shiny Abra. Pokemon are endgame levels, one attack would decimate it. Throw ultra ball, shakes like twice and it escapes then uses Teleport. After that I quit playing it for a while as Alakazam has been my favorite Pokemon since 1st Gen.

During my third run of the Elite Four in my previous Scramble Challenge, my only remaining Pokémon was a Scyther that was at +2 and 23 HP against Cynthia's last Pokémon—her Roserade. It's obvious that I could've OHKOed with Aerial Ace, but no. I just had to be a thick-headed idiot and let my impulse to click the top-left slot (which was Vacuum Wave; the Scyther had to have a special move) do all the talking. Roserade took nothing from it and proceeded to Extrasensory the poor Scyther to death. Same thing also happened in my final run against Lucian's Gallade (which OHKOed with Stone Edge), but that one was nothing I couldn't remedy.

Lesson learned: do NOT put a move that you will rarely ever use in any of the top slots.

Fire Red: My first Pokemon game. Walking down Third Island (I think), when I stumble upon a trainer with a Bulbasaur. Only two things are running through my mind: Bulbasaur can't be found in the wild, and a Master Ball can catch anything.

Don't believe everything you read, kids.
Where's Oak to say 'there's a time and place for everything but not now' when you need him

In the first Pokemon game I ever played, HeartGold about 3 years ago, I didn't think Entei and Raikou were rare. I thought Suicune was the only one worth catching. I KO'd both of them. One hit. Regret it to this day. Also, In White, I was trying to catch Kyurem, and the battle had gone on SO FLIPPIN LONG that Kyurem used Struggle... AND KO'D ITSELF. AND I ONLY CRIED FOR TWENTY MINUTES. But then I learned that he would come back if I beat the Elite Four again.

Stone RG

Megas are broke
-FireRed: i got a shiny Venomoth AND a shiny chansey in safari zone. I run from the former cuz i wanted to train him as a Venonat, from the latter cuz i knew chansey sucked.

-Platinum: I released Rotom, didnt teach Close Combat to Staraptor (had Fly and Defog on him at the time), i waited until the victory road for my Sneasel to evolve.

Im sure i have WAYYY more, but at the moment those are the ones i remember.

Diamond. Mis clicking run after meeting a shiny Golbat in the wild. #gutted

Pokemon Leaf Green. A had a haul of Chanseys from the safari zone hunting for lucky eggs. I released the only Chansey(holding the egg) by mistake...

It's all about those Picards facepalms

So i had a shiny Rhydon in Platinum. I decided i wanted a shiny Rypherior, so i asked my friend if he would help evolve it. So he just gave me a Bibarel he randomly had and I traded the Rhydon holding a protector. It evolved on his game.

He never gave it back.
one time in pokemon leaf green i was derping around in a cave when a shiny zubat apperd guess what i had no pokeballs

When I was Young... (Well I'm still Young)

In Pokémon Diamond, I accidently used My Masterball on a Machoke. Considering I wasn't very good at Pokémon (I'm still not very good at it) This was Oblivious to Me.

Untill My Friend pointed it out and I did a total Facepalm.

On my first playthrough of Gold version after crossing the lake from Ekruteak to Mahogany I thought since it was more close to the end game area (even though it wasn't , since I had all of Khanto and Red to beat) that it would harbor some stronger Pokémon. I walk into a patch of grass and see Entei for the first time and didn't know what it was so I just assumed it was one of the commons of the area. I thought smugly to myself "Heh , nice" and just ran away from it. Was an lol moment when I look back on it but was a total face palmer when I was like 7.

Got Pokemon emerald for Christmas one year. Got to mauville city on the first day playing. Next day when i loaded up the game it said the internal battery had run dry.

Way back in ruby, near the ski lift thing in the mountain, I didn't know were to go because from my point of view the cable that the ski lift ran on looked as if it were a fence and blocking the way forward. This was me coming from just playing the hell out of gold and noticing that everything was flat and I thought that the same pertained to this game. Took me about 4 days before I accidentally stepped under the cable and realized that it was suspended in the air. >.>

While EV training my drought ninetales, a wild shiny paras appeared. I was real tired, and instead of using an item I accidentally used flamethrower instead. In other words, instead of catching a shiny, I killed it about 24 thousand times instead.

Reactions: JES
Boy do I have a story. Two, actually.

First, a few years ago, when I was... I'd say 4 or 5? I was playing Ruby and was going on a Tentacool murder spree for no reason. I ran into a Shiny Tentacool.
...And I ran from it since it was "special."

And then, within the same generation, I used my Master Ball on a Wingull and then afterwards released it thinking I get the Master Ball back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)