Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So with the European eShop release out and the NA one coming up quick, has it been confirmed yet that cloning via digital backup (either the save alone or the whole thing) is impossible?

Im not sure if this is a stupid question, but its not here, and it might need some discussion, but...

...will mega-evolutions see smogon-tier competetive play? I mean, they require to be mega-evolved in battle - which to me seems like it requires trainer item imput, similar to using the pokeflute (something competetive battles have never allowed)

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Im not sure if this is a stupid question, but its not here, and it might need some discussion, but...

...will mega-evolutions see smogon-tier competetive play? I mean, they require to be mega-evolved in battle - which to me seems like it requires trainer item imput, similar to using the pokeflute (something competetive battles have never allowed)
It's a special hold item that can be triggered in battle - they'll see competitive use.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
How do we know that the damage calculation is the same as in the previous generations? (Without assuptions)
We don't, but we can reasonably assume that it hasn't been drastically altered. XY will be in alpha essentially for a little bit until we find out more.
So with the European eShop release out and the NA one coming up quick, has it been confirmed yet that cloning via digital backup (either the save alone or the whole thing) is impossible?
No, it has not been.

The mechanics work as so: you have the Pokemon hold the Mega Stone, and select an option in-battle to Mega Evolve and then use a move. It does not require any separate item use, and thus they will surely be seen in competitive play.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Seems a bit low compared to what most of the Megas got. It doesn't even reach 600+ BST like all of them have so far. Dammit Gamefreak....

Did someone confirmed if the IVs are maxed out in wi-fi battles? or are at least customizable via super training?

haunter

Banned deucer.
Did someone confirmed if the IVs are maxed out in wi-fi battles? or are at least customizable via super training?
It's confirmed that IVs are not maxed out in WiFi battles. No info about the possibility to IV train in super training.
when will the tiers change ex. landorus and blaziken become ou and 6th gen pokes become usable
As soon as we have complete information on Pokemon/moves/abilities and mechanics, the OU council will approve an initial banlist for X/Y.

To answer my own question from the last page: You can only reset your game / delete your savefile by pressing Up + B + X in the main menue. Simply starting a New game and saving is not an option anymore, but hey, at least we can delete out savefiles.

So it seems you can't go above 252 EVs in a stat, at least in super training. I was worried about this as I wasn't counting, but maxed out Sp. Atk and Speed on my Froakie, and there was still room for 6 HP EVs!

You can wipe all the EVs in a Pokemon by punching a Reset bag in Super Training. You can get reset bags by simply punching the default "plain" bag until one comes out. All EVs are wiped, regardless of how they were obtained (Super training or battling). I don't know about catching Pokemon, but I would assume yes.

It's a special hold item that can be triggered in battle - they'll see competitive use.
but you cant use charizard X and mewtwo Y on the same team - this will be a huge hassle for players - and has it been confirmed the mega stones activate over wifi battles?

As for a new question - if someone could test this on the cartridge:

King's Shield vs Feint (move that breaks protect)
1. does it work? (assuming yes)
2. do you still get the -2 atk?

Gary2346: 90 / 95 / 75 / 135 / 90 / 75 are the stats that Showdown gives me. This may be an approximation.
That's strange. That only adds up to 560, when Ampharos starts with 500. I was under the impression that Megas typically had an overall 100-point increase. Are there any other known exceptions?

but you cant use charizard X and mewtwo Y on the same team - this will be a huge hassle for players - and has it been confirmed the mega stones activate over wifi battles?
You can't use any two Megas in the same battle anyway. But it should be possible to equip both Mega Stones for the hell of it, since they can be traded, right? So that shouldn't be a special case or anything.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
As far as I know, only the elemental beams, Hidden Power, the "100% accurate in weather" moves, and auto weather abilities have been nerfed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)