Pokémon XY Data Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, unless I am doing my math wrong, the EV Trainier automatically stops when a stat reaches 252 EVs. Not sure if that was a new mechanic introduced in B2/W2 though. Doing more testing on it right now. I will post my findings when I get back.

EDIT: What Time Mage said is true. Tested EV Training on an Azurill. Got 252 in one stat, and then tried to use a Small Bag on it and it didn't work. Got 252 in another stat, same results. Lastly, I used a Medium Bag and Small Bag on the last stat (+5 EVs), and then tried a Large Bag. Instead of giving me 12 EVs, it only gave me 1 EV.

Therefore, the EV limit is still 510 in total, but the level cap for any particular stat has been lowered from 255 to 252...at least, in concerns with EV Training anyways.

Last edited:
So, unless I am doing my math wrong, the EV Trainier automatically stops when a stat reaches 252 EVs. Not sure if that was a new mechanic introduced in B2/W2 though. Doing more testing on it right now. I will post my findings when I get back.
I can confirm this. At least in Super Training, the game optimizes EVs, stopping at 252 max, so you can assign the remaining 6 elsewhere.

so i noticed nobody posted stats for mega charizard Y yet. mine has a ton of Evs so this wont be entirely accurate but at level 39 with a timid nature its stats go from
74/70/93/73/102 to 89/70/132/96/102 when it mega evolves.
ok that makes base stat changes of

att +20
spatt +50
spdef +30

and expected stat spread would be:
Mega Charizard Y 78/104/78/159/115/100

By the way EVs and IVs do not matter for the calculation when comparing Mega and non Mega Pokemon on the same level.

The stat calculation seems to still follow the "old" rules, so apart from HP stat they are calculated as ((2*basestat +IV +EV/4)*Level/100 +5)*Nature multiplier

Since you only change the base stat when Mega evolving, all variables apart from the base stats and the resulting stat are the same for both species. Knowing the original base stat and the two resulting stats on a specific level gives you a good estimation for the base stat change.
We mainly avoid discussion about the uncertainity from the rounding procedure
e.g. the Defense stat of your Charizard and Mega Charizard-y are the same but we can not exclude the possibility of minor base stat changes because for level 39 it could be a base stat of 78+-2

cu1999 We still lack an image of Mega Banette with its stats if you have it or know where we can find them, it would be kind to post a link/ image.

Last edited:
hard I beleive you've miss read mega charizard Y's stats, the poster said that hp is increased not attack

The youtube channel Wersterlobe (I can't link because I'm on my phone), has various videos (via 3DS capture) of mega evos and their stats. Including Mega-Heracross whose stats aren't on the first post yet

TROP

BAN DRUDDIGON. FIREWALL DRAGON DID NOTHING WRONG
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Checked the channel 1quacka1 mentioned and got this for Heracross:
80/185/115/40/105/75
600 bst
+60 attack(lol)
+40 defense
+10 sp.def
-10 speed
Nature was Jolly
vid here

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
hard I beleive you've miss read mega charizard Y's stats, the poster said that hp is increased not attack
No he didn't. If you read, the charizard poster never mentioned the HP stat because that doesnt change upon evolution.

Update, I have no finished Fennekin's analysis to a single point of error in terms of base stats.

HP: 40-41 (Same evidence as Froakie, 19 -> 20 at level 6 indicates either 40 or 41 because it is never 18.) My assumption is it is 40.
ATK: 45-46 (Can be 11 on level 5 without personality. Also can be 9, and the tests on the 9s indicated at least 9.6 was reachable, shrinking range to 45-46.) My belief is it is 45 due to rarity of 11 atk. If it was 46, you'd see 1/8 that way.
DEF: 40-41 (Same evidence as HP 9-> 9 on leveling to 6. Never 8) My assumption is, again, 40.
SPATK: 61-62 (Evidence that it can be as low as 62, but I got one that indicated 76 is reachable with IVs. Therefore, range is 61-62.) My assumption is 61. That being said, I did extensive testing and got 10 trials on the bottom end that put 62 and only one out of about 10 trials on the upper end that indicated 61(76 w/ IVs) instead of 60(Rest only hit 75), so who knows...I could be surprised.
SPDEF: 60-61 (Evidence that it can be as low as 61, but never upper evidence of 61 that I got from SPATK...never lower than 11 on 5.) My guess is 60, but there were plenty of 12->14 on 5->6 leveling that would normally be 1/16 whereas it would be 1/8th with 61.
SPEED: 60-61 (Same evidence as SPDEF.) I am still thinking 60 here.
The overall base expectation is 40/45/40/61/60/60 for a total of 306. Interestingly enough, my expected values for Froakie based on earlier data I posted was 40/56/40/61/43/70 for a total of 310. However, in recent iterations, the totals have rarely been exactly the same early on. So I can buy this.
Time for the chestnut!

ok, these were taken right now from my own game :) i fully trained my charizard in special attack in the minigame super train thingy, so 252 SAtk EVs and Mild nature. Dunno the IVs or other EVs though. either way im kind of disappointed theres no speed increase, i was sure there would be :/ attack and special defnese see boosts, as well as the massive SpA increase

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)