Vivillon Collection

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I've been collecting Vivillon formes, because the cool thing with them is that they vary based on the climate Scatterbug is captured in. This means there's... loooooads of Vivillon formes. There isn't a confirmed number yet, BUT while tennisace is legitimately collecting and counting Vivillon formes, Layell suggested something else that could be fun in the meantime. Basically here you can post screenshots/discuss how many different Vivillon formes you've found (through GTS, and your local Vivillon forme - make sure to mention what forme you have locally, which you can check in the Pokedex under Vivillon's name).

If you see someone mention that they have a local Vivillon forme that you're missing, you can conduct a trade outside of the thread and edit it to your post, adding it to your collection. Goal is to... collect them all, pretty much. And we can see who can get the most formes on Smogon. n_n Also, you can use Wonder Trade or GTS for Scatterbug/Vivillon, too, if you wanna speed up your collecting, but this way is a more direct way to collect Vivillon.

Also Stellar said this is okay! I'll post mine later :)

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
From our record so far, all people in Hong Kong playing the Japanese version is getting the Purple Vivillion (Elegant Forme)
Contrary to what the chart shows.
We do NOT get Monsoon Forme.

Oh wow, the form you get is base on real world geographical location that's awesome, What color is Vivillion in North America?

I have the Italian version but my Vivillon is pink (i think it's called Meadow pattern, it's the one seen in the official pre-release material). (Unless it's determined by some other nation setting of the game or the console I'm not aware of).

Australian version gets the River pattern. Always loved this colour combination :)

Apparently it's based on region and one country can have different patterns/regions like the US for example.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
yea i has river, tis pretty.

here's my collection so far (11 different species, through GTS!):

Some of these have been crazy hard, like holy fuck such timing was needed to get them. There's rarer ones I reaaallly want tho. :(

Does anyone knows Mexico's pattern?, I'm hoping it's not just the same as the US but I won't get the game until the 28th

So based on the information we've gathered so far on Vivillon, I've created a tentative map on which patterns are found where. Please note that it doesn't include countries that have multiple paterns reported but no provinces or regions reported with them (ie: France has both the Garden and the Elegant pattern reported for it, but I don't know which region has which).

EDIT: France, Germany, Spain, Italy, and most of the countries around that area appear to have different patterns within themselves, so it would be nice to know what province/region a particular pattern is found, as it may differ from area to area.

EDIT 2: Updated to reflect current data up to 10/14/13. Note that there is a good chance that there are still undiscovered forms out there; huge chunks of South America, Africa, Europe, and Asia (including the entire countries of China and Russia!) still have no data on them, so they may still hide a few unknown forms.

Also Greenland and Iceland

Last edited:

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
^ That's really cool :) I have only 5 to go (apparently of all known formes) and no wonder they're rare, almost nobody has them from that map :|

Based on that, sun is rarest, right?

btw the ones left for me are "archipelago, ocean, savannah, sandstorm and sun" these apparently!

^ That's really cool :) I have only 5 to go (apparently of all known formes) and no wonder they're rare, almost nobody has them from that map :|

Based on that, sun is rarest, right?

btw the ones left for me are "archipelago, ocean, savannah, sandstorm and sun" these apparently!
Actually, you might have more trouble with Ocean unless you know where you're trading to, since those seem to be confined exclusively to Hawaii at the moment.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
Oh damn. I've seen at least one on GTS, but it wanted something extremely crazy. Chances of beating someone else to it would be pretty... hard. Hm so, if Ocean users are smart they'll start asking for super hard to find things. Buuut that makes me wonder whether they actually would know how rare their Vivillon is, given how it barely comes up on GTS...

All I've got is modern, but damn would I love an ocean pattern. It will be interesting to see how this affects shinies.

edit: The map is correct for the modern form being found in Indiana if anyone had any doubts.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
Yea shinies is another thing I wonder. In total that's 36 at least with shinies, but sandshrewz mentioned something earlier: what if Vivillon also had seasonal formes? Like for holidays, Christmas, Halloween, etc. If that's not the case, GF sure have put a lot of effort into just Vivillon, given that unlike Spinda it's not randomly generated and it's pre-designed this way. o_O

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Yea shinies is another thing I wonder. In total that's 36 at least with shinies, but sandshrewz mentioned something earlier: what if Vivillon also had seasonal formes? Like for holidays, Christmas, Halloween, etc. If that's not the case, GF sure have put a lot of effort into just Vivillon, given that unlike Spinda it's not randomly generated and it's pre-designed this way. o_O
I was wondering the same thing, I live in NY so I got the Polar patter wich is fitting for the current weather I guess. But what about the summer will be getting the same one? I'm hoping we'll be able to get different ones. The same if you travel to different areas; it would just be so cool.

I was wondering the same thing, I live in NY so I got the Polar patter wich is fitting for the current weather I guess. But what about the summer will be getting the same one? I'm hoping we'll be able to get different ones. The same if you travel to different areas; it would just be so cool.
I'm not sure how the game picks your location because I'm currently in Maryland, which by current data is native to the modern pattern, but I'm from New Jersey (Polar). My PSS profile still has my location as New Jersey. I have connected to WiFi since I caught a Polar Scatterbug so it may be worth going back and see what patterned Scatterbug I find.

I'm not sure how the game picks your location because I'm currently in Maryland, which by current data is native to the modern pattern, but I'm from New Jersey (Polar). My PSS profile still has my location as New Jersey. I have connected to WiFi since I caught a Polar Scatterbug so it may be worth going back and see what patterned Scatterbug I find.
It appears that your save file is "assigned" a Vivillon pattern once you start the game based on your game settings, and no matter where you are, that's the pattern that you will find. However, there's very little data on them to begin with, so by all means, test it out again!

It appears that your save file is "assigned" a Vivillon pattern once you start the game based on your game settings, and no matter where you are, that's the pattern that you will find. However, there's very little data on them to begin with, so by all means, test it out again!
You're right. The Spewpa I just caught evolved into a Vivillon with a Polar Pattern.

I wonder... Is the pattern determined by the game the Scatterbug is caught in or the game the Spewpa evolves into a Vivillon in?

Last edited:

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Australian version gets the River pattern. Always loved this colour combination :)

Apparently it's based on region and one country can have different patterns/regions like the US for example.
I come from Australia & I somehow got stuck with the Garden Pattern... :(

Might be the fact I live in Tasmania as to why I got Garden Pattern... Or something else... -.-'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)