Other Looking Ahead to Gen VI Mark II (SEE POSTS #818 & #858)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1- pokemon is a game. Games must sell. Childrens must want to have the game. I'm sorry for you if you think people produce games fillantropically (<- idk how to spell that) and that all they want is a perfect balance.
2- Giratina-O/Shaymin-S dont have +100 BST over their original formes.
3-I dont think anyone cares if you are angry or not.
Actually, some people do produce games with a more philanthropic outlook in mind.

Trying to pick a fight or somethin'? I don't give a damn what anyone thinks about me, but if many people are angry or disappointed with the mega evolutions after they've had time to settle, it means something.

I'll admit that my previous post had a bit too much vitriol, but I really think that mega evolutions were a poor choice in terms of game design, and that the best they could do for the metagame is keep it tilted too far in the offensive direction.

Can we talk inverse battles here?
In which Grass and Bug become devastating offensive types and steel is weak to over half of all attacks. (type advantages are reversed, for those unaware)
That's a meta I'd like to play around in.
What are people's thoughts on inverse battles? What are the threats to look out for?
edit: or should this subject have its own thread maybe?

Last edited:
Will people have to wait until December? I remember in Gen IV we got all the base stats, Pokedex numbers and types of all the new Pokemon extracted straight from the code. I think it was actually before the game was even released, since I remember we were all going through the stats working out which Pokemon got evolutions, etc. It was the same back in Gen III too. For example, we got the sprites for all the old Pokemon extracted from Ruby and Sapphire, even though it was impossible to actually obtain most of them until Leaf Green and Fire Red came out. So is it possible for the base stats, type combos, etc. to get taken out the game's code again, rather than having to wait until December? I'm sure there's people already working on it.

Not really related to your post but I still feel like a gun is being jumped by basing mega stats on previous gen's base stats. Like I said earlier, if BP of moves are being changed, whats so strange about pokemon's BSTs being changed. Are we sure megas even HAVE base stats, and thats its not some multiplier of the original stats or something else silly?
I wouldn't say those two situations are comparible. Every generation there's always been lots of adjustments to moves. Some moves like Mega Drain, Hi Jump Kick, etc. have been changed 3 or 4 times over the generations. There's even precedent for changing type combos in Magnemite and Magneton, so that's not so weird either. However, the only time a Pokemon's base stats have ever been changed was in Generation II with the special split. And in that case, all Pokemon kept their old Special stat as one of their new stats (or in some cases like Mew, Venusaur, etc. they kept it for both). Not saying it's impossible for them to change, but I think it's unlikely. I wouldn't expect it.

Last edited:
Will people have to wait until December? I remember in Gen IV we got all the base stats, Pokedex numbers and types of all the new Pokemon extracted straight from the code. I think it was actually before the game was even released, since I remember we were all going through the stats working out which Pokemon got evolutions, etc. It was the same back in Gen III too. For example, we got the sprites for all the old Pokemon extracted from Ruby and Sapphire, even though it was impossible to actually obtain most of them until Leaf Green and Fire Red came out. So is it possible for the base stats, type combos, etc. to get taken out the game's code again, rather than having to wait until December? I'm sure there's people already working on it.
That was because the DS and GBA games were easy to hack. The 3DS games are more secure. Maybe someone will be able to crack the code before December, but it won't be easy.

Can't crack the code atm

Actually, some people do produce games with a more philanthropic outlook in mind.

Trying to pick a fight or somethin'? I don't give a damn what anyone thinks about me, but if many people are angry or disappointed with the mega evolutions after they've had time to settle, it means something.

I'll admit that my previous post had a bit too much vitriol, but I really think that mega evolutions were a poor choice in terms of game design, and that the best they could do for the metagame is keep it tilted too far in the offensive direction.
Ok, i shouldnt have generalized, since some people do produce games with philathropic purposes. But thats not gamefreak's case, and we know it.

Hey guys, what's your Opinion on Furfrou?

At first I was sure it was gonna be a generic trash normal pokemon but Fur Coat is a REALLY good ability. It definitely seems useable now. Could a Normal type physical wall be a thing?

Too bad it probably has no recovery moves except for Rest.

In which Grass and Bug become devastating offensive types and steel is weak to over half of all attacks. (type advantages are reversed, for those unaware)
What are people's thoughts on inverse battles? What are the threats to look out for?
how do inverse battles treat immunities?

how do inverse battles treat immunities?
I'm not sure. I don't have the game myself yet, it's just something I've heard about from Serebii and also here and it seems really exciting.
Normal will also be a hell of a type, either with no weaknesses (if immunities remain) or being completely unresisted (if they are changed).

I would definitely say that this topic is not what should be discussed here. I'll leave the mods up to the rest ;)

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Charizard has three great forms, so yeah...

No-Mega:
Solar Power /w Choice Specs equipped. Gotta nuke shit, even SDef Blissey can't avoid the 2HKO. Snorlax can, however. Obviously used alongside Ninetales. Scarf is a possibility too, since you still hit hard enough to wreck shit, but the raw power Choice Specs provides is more attractive, since Zard it too slow to be a desirable Scarfer in OU and you have something like Chlorophyll Venusaur anyway.

Mega Y:
Drought, bringing sun. Maybe, or maybe not, used alongside Ninetales, to ensure a weather war victory. Has a lot of raw power and reliable recovery in Roost to go with this.

Mega X:
Amazing type, unavailable outside of Ubers as it is. Also used alongside Ninetales and looks to be one of the best physical sweepers under the Sun.

As such, I do not see Ninetales dropping to UU. Ninetales is a major partner-in-crime for Charizard, probably even vital to Zard's success.
Stealth Rock exists.
EDIT: Also, the weather nerf means you are REQUIRED TO SWITCH, so Stealth Rock is an even bigger issue than it would've been in Gen V. Charizard has a craptastic special movepool (only gets STABs, Focus Blast, SolarBeam, and HP) and Y might see use in Doubles, but there's no way in hell it'll make it to OU.
Charizard X, on the other hand, might see some use in UU and, if it's lucky, OU. That thing's physical movepool is pretty good.

Last edited:
what base stats did you assume for it? and why is crunch always without strong jaw? just put it as stab since it's a 50 % boost
I don't know how much Strong Jaws boost is so all I did was take Aerodactyl, and switch its typin(Rock/Dragon) and stats(125 ATK, 120 DEF)

Hey guys, what's your Opinion on Furfrou?

At first I was sure it was gonna be a generic trash normal pokemon but Fur Coat is a REALLY good ability. It definitely seems useable now. Could a Normal type physical wall be a thing?

Too bad it probably has no recovery moves except for Rest.
If there is anything I learned from playing competitive pokemon, its the fact that having good defense is not something that make a good wall, which is one of the reason why Cress.... sucks

What did Furfrou does aside from walling?

Gunk Shot is actually viable now due to it's accuracy increasing from 70 to 80.

Also somebody needs to check Lilligant if it's Grass/Fairy.! I know someone has found Petilil in the Friend Safari. (Saw one on the GTS, wanted Yveltal though <_<) Whimsicott is Grass/Fairy so maybe Lilligant is too?

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Barbaracle gets Shell Smash, Stone Edge, Cross Chop, and Razor Shell, and very possibly Waterfall and Aqua Jet as well, while being a Water / Rock with Tough Claws and those stats: 70 / ~115 / ~115 / x / 100 / 80. So please welcome to OU the best Shell Smash sweeper in the game!

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
Gunk Shot is actually viable now due to it's accuracy increasing from 70 to 80.

Also somebody needs to check Lilligant if it's Grass/Fairy.! I know someone has found Petilil in the Friend Safari. (Saw one on the GTS, wanted Yveltal though <_<) Whimsicott is Grass/Fairy so maybe Lilligant is too?
Lilligant is Pure Grass: http://archive.foolz.us/vp/thread/14504483/

I know; sad news. I was crushed by the revelation of Milotic as a Pure Water, so I feel your pain.

Barbaracle gets Shell Smash, Stone Edge, Cross Chop, and Razor Shell, and very possibly Waterfall and Aqua Jet as well, while being a Water / Rock with Tough Claws and those stats: 70 / ~115 / ~115 / x / 100 / 80. So please welcome to OU the best Shell Smash sweeper in the game!
Um i dont think it gets waterfall however it has base 50 special attack.

God dammit, I was looking forward to testing it out as a wall some time, now I will look stupid doing that.

Anyway, any thoughts on Power-Up Punch? I know it is a pretty weak move (40 base power) but increasing attack with every hit is nothing to pass over. I can see it being used on something like Terrakion for example, who has a little wiggle room in its moveset, and can use it on weakened Pokemon to kill them off + boost attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)