Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I was wondering what a good team would be for X & Y. Usually I just go with the flow, but this time I actually want some strategy, good move set, nature. In other words, some info that will help me make a REALLY good team.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey I was wondering what a good team would be for X & Y. Usually I just go with the flow, but this time I actually want some strategy, good move set, nature. In other words, some info that will help me make a REALLY good team.
Anything works in game. If you're talking about competitively, no one can say since the XY meta isn't even up yet.

What exactly is inside?
Well I can't tell you what is inside, but I can tell you the way to get past the punks. All across Luminose City there are 4 skaters, each will teach you a move, learn all four, and you get to walk on by. There is one in a building with an elevator, one in a cafe, one in one of the plazas, one on one of the main roads (I forget north or south)

I have pokemon x, and I'm up to the part where professor sycamore is giving the kanto starters out. I have no idea who to pick and what nature to aim for. I was thinking maybe a calm bulbasaur, a modest bulbasaur, or a naive charmander... does anyone have recommendation for the nature and species that i should aim for?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Has anyone seen any areas with wild/stationary/gift pokemon with no randomly moving NPCs?

From what I've been hearing, the legendaries in this game (Xerneas and Yveltal) have near perfect IV's when caught. Can anyone else confirm this?

If you can't, would you be able to post your Xerneas/Yveltal/Mewtwo/Zygarde's stats so that we can have a record of the highest attainable points in each stat for each one?
the yveltal i caught had perfect hp(201), attack(151), spatk(151), and speed(119) stats at level 50 according to the 126/131/95/131/98/99 base stats from pokemon showdown. so it's possible, may need to test this out more though.

How were the auto-weather abilities changed? I saw 2-3 posts about it getting nerfed but no specifics.
Auto Weather (Drought, Snow Warning, Sand Stream) Will work essentially like Sandstorm, Sunnyday, and Hail do, from the turn the Pokemon with the ability is sent out, the weather shall remain in play for 5 turns afterward.

I have an Aurorus that has passed its supposed evolution level without evolving (lv. 44, as opposed to lv. 39). Am I doing anything wrong? It's not holding an Everstone either; it has Eviolite.

Can anyone tell me where to find Scizorite? Serebii says its in the Frost Cavern behind Abomasnow post-game, but I've gone there and can't find it. I even used the dowsing rods.

I have an Aurorus that has passed its supposed evolution level without evolving (lv. 44, as opposed to lv. 39). Am I doing anything wrong? It's not holding an Everstone either; it has Eviolite.
Aurorus is the Opposite to Tyrunt. Aurorus evolves at level 39 during the night time. So just wait till night or toggle with your 3DS's clock, and level him up once more. Hope that helped

Can anyone tell me where to find Scizorite? Serebii says its in the Frost Cavern behind Abomasnow post-game, but I've gone there and can't find it. I even used the dowsing rods.
Have you upgraded you
A) Beaten the Elite Four, if you haven't you need to beat them first, as its a post game item
B) Upgraded your mega ring. To do so you need to have beaten the Elite four, then go to Kilode City, complete a battle in the Battle Mansion, then battle your rival at the very north end of the City. She'll tell you the Prof is waiting in Anistar City with news about the mega ring, travel there to the sundial and it'll upgrade.

Note that Megastones in their locations can only be found from 8PM-9PM so check your clocks trainers, or tinker with them if you prefer.

Have you upgraded you
A) Beaten the Elite Four, if you haven't you need to beat them first, as its a post game item
B) Upgraded your mega ring. To do so you need to have beaten the Elite four, then go to Kilode City, complete a battle in the Battle Mansion, then battle your rival at the very north end of the City. She'll tell you the Prof is waiting in Anistar City with news about the mega ring, travel there to the sundial and it'll upgrade.

Note that Megastones in their locations can only be found from 8PM-9PM so check your clocks trainers, or tinker with them if you prefer.
Thanks. I've already beaten the E4 and been to the Battle Mansion, so all thats left is my rival.

Does anybody happen to know how much of a boost Mega Launcher gives?
I'm not sure, but I believe it either gives 1.5 or 2.0

I have pokemon x, and I'm up to the part where professor sycamore is giving the kanto starters out. I have no idea who to pick and what nature to aim for. I was thinking maybe a calm bulbasaur, a modest bulbasaur, or a naive charmander... does anyone have recommendation for the nature and species that i should aim for?
I would definitely go for Charmander because 1. Charizard is pretty badass, 2. Water- and Grass-types are more common than Fire, and 3. Mega Charizard X seems good competitively.

Take whichever, you can purchase the remaining Megastones during the end game, don't let the initial 1,000,000 PokeDollar Cost deter you. It'll cut in half to 500,000. But then again to its final price of 150,000. You can't select which stone to get first, you have to purchase one, and then the next. Not to mention I've read about the Safari Zone, and apparently you can capture the Kanto starters in there, granted you have the friends for it.

Has anyone seen any areas with wild/stationary/gift pokemon with no randomly moving NPCs?
Far as I can tell Route 7 (where the daycare is) seems to be devoid of moving NPCs. The only one that makes any movements at all is an Artist, and it's a set pattern.

1) I haven't played Pokemon in around 2 and a half years, I just decided to pick up X on a whim and I like it. I just beat the first gym. Is there a way to EV train early in the game? And should I worry about IVs?

2) Would Nuzlocking the game on the first try be a good idea?

3) Is Vivillon worth training until end game?

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
1) I haven't played Pokemon in around 2 and a half years, I just decided to pick up X on a whim and I like it. I just beat the first gym. Is there a way to EV train early in the game? And should I worry about IVs?

2) Would Nuzlocking the game on the first try be a good idea?

3) Is Vivillon worth training until end game?
1) Yes, you can use Super Training by tapping the arrows on the PSS / Pokémon Amie screen on the bottom of your 3DS. This lets you EV train Pokémon from the very beginning

2) Not really, but it's up to you! Whatever you need to do to make the game the most enjoyable is the right thing to do.

3) I actually had pretty good success with Vivillon and got it to about 36 before I traded it in for something else (I had too many Rock-weak Pokémon on my team). I say go for it!

1) I haven't played Pokemon in around 2 and a half years, I just decided to pick up X on a whim and I like it. I just beat the first gym. Is there a way to EV train early in the game?
You can EV train from the very start of the game using super training on the touch screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)