Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 236 HP / 60 SAtk / 212 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Thunder Wave
- Ice Beam
- Substitute
- Focus Punch

I use that Tyranitar in my stalls team. The shuffling power of that thing is wonderful lol. I can sub and beat switch in like Terrakion, Landorus-T, Ferrothorn, Gliscor, Heatran. In another hand i can paralize Politoeds, Keldeo, Rotom-W, Heatrans and >1000 others. I use that with the spike support, and SR. It do a psychical shuffling.
After paralize or when opponents scout Focus Punch, your opponent will do a lots of switch, for this the hazardz are great partners. Another great partner is Jellicent to prevent Rapid Spin. The evs spread is classical for special defense. Thx to Twave and Sub he don't need evs in Speed so i can put them on Spatk do ohko Landorus and Gliscor.
I love use thunderwave for example, when latios use dmeteor. After the Dmeteor latios remain, and do Dmeteor to prevent Pursuit. When he see "Thunder wave" he switch and u can Paralize another pokemon or Sub, ora predict with Focus Punch.
I think that the "surprise" factor might to be underlined in this strong set. Use that and then say me how this set is pro <3

@Halcyion: yeah but new version means "old" mons as well I guess, the metagame changed a lot (things like Torn-T, Deo-D and Lando-I was allowed iirc) so we should consider other set as well. In short, be free to post some sets here

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
EVs: 152 Atk / 252 SDef / 104 HP
Sassy Nature
- Crunch
- Ice Beam
- Superpower
- Thunder Wave

This is the Tyranitar set I typically use when I decide to use Tyranitar. I suppose it's not that different from the standard support Tyranitar, but it does work to at least some extent.

Thunder Wave is the key move on this set; when used properly, it lets Tyranitar possibly beat things it wouldn't otherwise (for example, Terrakion), in addition to providing an excellent form of support for its teammates. The Chople Berry is the other thing that separates this Tyranitar; while the lack of Leftovers recovery is a bit of a loss, it makes taking on things that love Fighting coverage (such as Gengar or Thundurus-T) a little easier. Don't rely on it when staring down a Fighting type; unless Tyranitar uses Thunder Wave on the switch in, it still shouldn't be trying to beat Terrakion or Keldeo.

The other moves are more or less standard fare for Tyranitar. Crunch is reliable STAB; Ice Beam is a nasty surprise for any Landorus-T that tries switching in; and Superpower smacks Heatran and Terrakion around. The attack EVs give it a guaranteed OHKO on Latios with Crunch; the rest go into its special bulk. Even with the reduced investment, it's still rather bulky. As an example, it's capable of switching into Venusaur as it uses Growth, taking the Giga Drain, and then paralyzing it. You could throw Pursuit in over Ice Beam or Superpower if you seriously need it. Fire Blast is another option, although that leaves Tyranitar vulnerable to Landorus-T if you drop Ice Beam and dropping Superpower makes you even more weak to Terrakion.

Tyranitar @ Expert Belt
EVs: 136 SAtk / 76 Spd / 96 Def / 200 Atk
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Crunch / Superpower
- Pursuit

This Tyranitar set is pretty cool, as it allows Tyranitar to beat a large amount of its counters. Ice Beam 2HKOes Physically defensive Hippowdon and OHKOes Gliscor and Landorus-T, while Fire Blast eliminates Skarmory, Ferrothorn, and Forretress. Crunch is the recommended option in the third slot, but Superpower is an option to defeat Blissey, Chansey, Tyranitar, Heatran and Terrakion. Pursuit is the main option in the last slot, as it destroys fleeing Latios, Espeon, etc.

The given EVs are very specific. 76 Speed EVs outpace Skarmory, 96 Def EVs ensure that Tyranitar will live Landorus-t's uninvested EQ, andv 136 SpA EVs ensure that Ferrothorn will be 2HKOed by Fire Blast in the Rain. The remaining EVs go into attack.

Last edited:
oook i'll upload everything tomorrow even if i guess this thread is going to die soon due to xy. if staff wants i can do a similiar thing with xy whenever the tierlist is stable (i think it will take a bit lol)

Ok so you can vote for:

• msox's
  • SnowCristal!'s
  • The Loser of RU's
  • Yomegami's
you guys have 5 days to vote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)