Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any info found on the EV removal berries yet?

Anyone find the IV revealer guy yet?
I've found several of them I think...but I can't remember for sure if they are actually the EV removal berries. I'm cultivating some in my farm.

He's in the Kiloude City Pokemon Center (the single unconnected city in the lower right).

Does anyone know where you can find those elemental gems which boost the power of moves of a certain type once, i.e. Fighting Gem, Poison Gem, etc?
I only have a single Normal Gem that I think I found as a hidden item in some random dead-end corridor of some cave that I've forgotten. Helpful, I know. Maybe they're very rare Rock Smash items?

When should I evolve my Helioptile? I have the stone and it's currently at level 35; I'm just worried that if I evolve it with a Sun Stone it'll be like many other stone evolutions and not learn any useful moves. Does it learn anything particularly useful that anyone knows of by level up that I won't be able to get a TM for soon? Knowing when you can get the Thunderbolt TM would be pretty nice too.

When should I evolve my Helioptile? I have the stone and it's currently at level 35; I'm just worried that if I evolve it with a Sun Stone it'll be like many other stone evolutions and not learn any useful moves. Does it learn anything particularly useful that anyone knows of by level up that I won't be able to get a TM for soon? Knowing when you can get the Thunderbolt TM would be pretty nice too.
Try checking here. TM24 Thunderbolt is given to you by Clemont, the 5th gym leader.

My team is Mega Charizard Y, Blaziken, Tyrantrum, and Greninja.
I have just reached the "Ice Cave", or whatever it is called.

What Pokemon should I add to my team? I am primarily concerned with fixing my water vulnerability...

I'm playing through Y.

I need honey to battle hordes and train. Where can I buy or easily get it?
Near the beginning, Combee with Honey Gather ability netted me a few Honeys. As skylight mentioned below, Sweet Scent might be simply easier.

What Pokemon should I add to my team? I am primarily concerned with fixing my water vulnerability...

I'm playing through Y.
You could possibly fish up anything to fix it. Or you could toss in a Goomy or a Gogoat, and you're good to go. Gogoat was really handy for me when I used him in my first run. He learns a bunch of interesting moves naturally through level up (Seed Bomb, Horn Leech, and Leaf Blade for STAB, Bulldoze and Earthquake, Aerial Ace, Milk Drink...although these were all at high levels). Other TMs can complement his powerful Grass STAB (and useful ability).

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I need honey to battle hordes and train. Where can I buy or easily get it?
Not sure about buying it, but you could get a Combee, which can use Sweet Scent as a move, and Honey Gather as an ability to attract hoards. As to where to get them, iirc they're on Route 7, or otherwise just check Wonder Trade or GTS, because they're always there p much.

Just found a roaming Zapdos. Bastard ran before I could swap in my wobbufett! What's the best place to trap it? Checking the pokedex every time I change zone is really tedious.

I also wonder if its nature is set and if it will run again before I can take any actions on the second encounter unless I lead with wobbufett.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Need to encounter it 11 times, then it'll go to the Sea Spirit Den, where it will remain as a stationary. At that point, you can SR for natures/IVs.

I'm playing through Y.
I would recomend a
Not sure about buying it, but you could get a Combee, which can use Sweet Scent as a move, and Honey Gather as an ability to attract hoards. As to where to get them, iirc they're on Route 7, or otherwise just check Wonder Trade or GTS, because they're always there p much.
Thanks a bunch!

Any info found on the EV removal berries yet?
Me me I can answer this!

You get them by crossbreeding earlier berries. So far, I've only found one - the Qualot berry, from planting Oran and Pecha berries side by side. I've now got a big crossbreeding program going down, so will post updates as they come.

You can increase the odds of getting the mutations (as they call them in-game) by using Surprise Mulch. As far as I can tell, you make Surprise Mulch by using three of the same berry (I've been using 3 Orans or 3 Pechas).

Hope that helps!

I've had conflicting advice on this so thought I'd join up here, folks seem knowledgeable haha. My honedge has just evolved into a duoblade. I already have a dusk stone and was wondering should I evolve it now or wait? I have heard sacred sword is a great move to have and some have told me I must keep it at duoblade until it learns it, can anyone verify whether this is true or if I should evolve it now and it'll be okay to learn kings shield and sacred sword? I know there's a the move relearner, but I assume he's near the end and I've only just gotten gym badge 3 (yeah..xp share has been off for a couple of levels now, it's too easy).
I evolved my Doublade as soon as it learned sacred sword (LVL 51). Its worth waiting since aegislash doesn't learn it, as far as i'm aware. :p

Can you catch Pokemon with DW abilities? I want to start breeding some mons but some need their DW Ability.
Yes, in the friend safari or hordes. Friend safari is kind of complicated. You need lots of friends to get a lot of the pokemon with DW abilities. The good thing is that you can pass them down with males now.

Where can I catch me a Kangaskhan?? If its post game, id rather you just tell me that, and then not specify the location
I found mine in glittering cave as one of the shadow blobs you run into on the way. It likely has a low encounter rate, as I unexpectedly found one on the way out.

On the bright side, it's pre-E4. before 2nd gym

Yes, in the friend safari or hordes. Friend safari is kind of complicated. You need lots of friends to get a lot of the pokemon with DW abilities. The good thing is that you can pass them down with males now.
Yea I read that as well. Though, would I be able to get a Prankster Murkrow from a horde battle?

Does any of you know where do I get the "Bamboo Spring Hat" accessory!? In serebii it says Gift in Kiloude City... I've searched, but nothing!

Thanks in Advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)