Post Game Content Discussion

We can use this thread to casually discuss our thoughts on the post game content (or lack there of)

Is anyone else a little disappointed by the seeming lack of post-game content?
I rushed through the main story and they kept dropping hints about other regions. But alas!! nothing significant there save 1 town, and a battle tower...

So! Thoughts, Comments, Concerns?

afaik you'll have to grind e4 (who haven't even bothered to raise their levels! scumbags. this is basically ruby/sapphire 2.0)

Why the long faces? On the bright side, ev training is easier than ever, plus there is a huge number of pokes to catch and train, and with online features being much improved from 5th gen, I'd say we have all the post game content we'll need, t'ill the deluxe edition of course.

Really curious to see what this is hinting.
Is it possible that there will indeed be some DLC?

I also can't help but notice the lack of a new legendary trio- or the BST 600 Pixie- seems like a good time to release a Fairy type....

Why the long faces? On the bright side, ev training is easier than ever, plus there is a huge number of pokes to catch and train, and with online features being much improved from 5th gen, I'd say we have all the post game content we'll need, t'ill the deluxe edition of course.
Yes EV training is simpler- but by no means EASIER- IF you're like me and old school, you could fully EV train a team of 6 monsters before they hit even level 10 in way less time than it takes to Super train- Between Stat boosting drinks (admittedly these are still an option for Super Training) You could cover at least 200/512 then via power items + PokeRus you could max EVs for multiple pokemon after a mere fight against 20 or so starly + Bidoof in gen 4...

As for variety, I completed the national dex in Black 2 so variety of pokemon POSTGame was never my problem (Keep in mind that I think this game's playthrough variety is one of it's greatest strengths-Nuzlocks forever better-)

The biggest thing for me though is lack of post E4 areas.. It's completely non-sensical to me. Sinnoh had the whole Fight Are Island, HGSS had Kanto, Unova had a huge portion of it's map untouched by the main playthrough... The more I think about it the more I feel that there will indeed be some DLC...

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there anyway to rebattle trainers or do we have to grind the E4 to level pokemon postgame?
I don't think you HAVE to grind the E4. I was watching Werster on Twitch and he got a decent amount of experience battling trainers in one of the cafes in Lumiose. The pokemon levels were around 60+ including the random Audino. There's also the Battle Chateau or whatever it's called.

Yes EV training is simpler- but by no means EASIER- IF you're like me and old school, you could fully EV train a team of 6 monsters before they hit even level 10 in way less time than it takes to Super train- Between Stat boosting drinks (admittedly these are still an option for Super Training) You could cover at least 200/512 then via power items + PokeRus you could max EVs for multiple pokemon after a mere fight against 20 or so starly + Bidoof in gen 4...

As for variety, I completed the national dex in Black 2 so variety of pokemon POSTGame was never my problem (Keep in mind that I think this game's playthrough variety is one of it's greatest strengths-Nuzlocks forever better-)

The biggest thing for me though is lack of post E4 areas.. It's completely non-sensical to me. Sinnoh had the whole Fight Are Island, HGSS had Kanto, Unova had a huge portion of it's map untouched by the main playthrough... The more I think about it the more I feel that there will indeed be some DLC...
It is indeed easier, friend. You can keep track of the numbers, without having to recollect on it yourself, also, simpler and easy are practically synonymous with eachother. It also a lot less monotonous, as the minigames add some variety to training.

As for post game content, I have all the content I need for now, wouldn't hurt to add dlc, such as new mega stones, and a new battle facility, though. They did say they wouldn't do balance patches only, not that they wouldn't add extra stuff.

I sadly did all my breeding and EV training as I went so postgame for me consisted solely of Mewtwo which is rather lacking compared to past generations. Those cafes are a good idea for grinding though, thanks for that tip.

It is indeed easier, friend. You can keep track of the numbers, without having to recollect on it yourself, also, simpler and easy are practically synonymous with eachother. It also a lot less monotonous, as the minigames add some variety to training.

As for post game content, I have all the content I need for now, wouldn't hurt to add dlc, such as new mega stones, and a new battle facility, though. They did say they wouldn't do balance patches only, not that they wouldn't add extra stuff.
I guess we'll have to disagree on whether super training is easier/simpler than classic EV training- Personally though, It's (The classical method) easier for ME and a fair bit faster as killing that Zubat while holding a power anklet with pokerus is a lot faster than loading and completing the now shiny (But maybe soon to be redundant) super training

Post game, I would expect there to be at least Mega stones for all the Hoenn starters, Because game freak tends to like to be consistent like that

I guess we'll have to disagree on whether super training is easier/simpler than classic EV training- Personally though, It's (The classical method) easier for ME and a fair bit faster as killing that Zubat while holding a power anklet with pokerus is a lot faster than loading and completing the now shiny (But maybe soon to be redundant) super training

Post game, I would expect there to be at least Mega stones for all the Hoenn starters, Because game freak tends to like to be consistent like that
Still waiting on that Gallade mega. Really awkward to give it to one over the other.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Café le Wow (double battles) is the best place for post-game level training and money grinding. Activate EXP and Prize Money powers with Amulet Coin before accepting the challenge.

Horde battles are the quickest way to EV train Pokémon. With Pokérus and the appropriate EV item, you get 50 EVs for a one-turn battle. Sweet Scent always activates hordes.

Café le Wow (double battles) is the best place for post-game level training and money grinding. Activate EXP and Prize Money powers with Amulet Coin before accepting the challenge.

Horde battles are the quickest way to EV train Pokémon. With Pokérus and the appropriate EV item, you get 50 EVs for a one-turn battle. Sweet Scent always activates hordes.
Well in theory it is, but in practicality no. Horde battles are entirely random, as for the ev items, unless there is a new way of getting them are a tedious ordeal. I personally find super training to be a better way to ev train atm.

Still waiting on that Gallade mega. Really awkward to give it to one over the other.
Gallade is no way near as popular as Gardevoir

Anyway, I feel they are making the post game barebones so when the third game comes out it seems like the awesome complete version, a pretty good marketing trick I guess. I'd expect a battle frontier or at least some new towns to visit. A new form of Zygarde would follow the trend set with Giratina and Kyurem.

Online is basically the same imo you trade and battle. Fun but without perfect IV pokemon and knowing egg moves etc. the competitive scene isn't really started yet.

Pokemon Amie is alright but the novelty wore off like 5 minutes later. I find good ol' grinding better than super training. Pokerus, power items and horde battles and you are set.

Is it possible that there will indeed be some DLC?

I also can't help but notice the lack of a new legendary trio- or the BST 600 Pixie- seems like a good time to release a Fairy type....
Man, I hope so. You never know! I really do keep speculating as to how that would be implemented. Maybe like a special train pass item that takes you somewhere else?

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
So I beat the League and I feel like I have nothing at all to do :( feels sad. I spent 358 hours on SoulSilver and only 50 or less were spent on beating the two Leagues, and now I beat X in 22 hours..

I think Super Training was a way of introducing EV training to people who weren't aware of it before.

Hordes + Pokerus + Power items = much much faster. I can get to 250 in five battles, then do a Level 1 super training mission to get those final 2 EVs

Hadn't even considered this.. Oh all the nights I spent mirking Starly and Bidoof while watching the hockey game...
Especially great because the horde mons are always low level + therefore you can EV train that team at incredibly low levels- which makes a playthrough of the game with EV trained mons that much more fun

Where does Mister Bonding give you the last O-Power? I think I have enough style (discounts on Taxis), but I can't seem to find him anywhere.

Haven't really messed with it since I found it while playing through the story - does the Battle Chateau (NOT THE MAISON) keep getting stronger the more you use it? That might be a good place to grind if it just keeps leveling up the higher your nobility rank, which is what it sounded like.

I could be totally off-base, though.

Haven't really messed with it since I found it while playing through the story - does the Battle Chateau (NOT THE MAISON) keep getting stronger the more you use it? That might be a good place to grind if it just keeps leveling up the higher your nobility rank, which is what it sounded like.

I could be totally off-base, though.
it caps at level 40 iirc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)