Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There doesn't seem to be any way to teach Stealth Rock in this generation, that being said, a lot of the Stealth Rock users in BW don't learn it naturally, so there's no way to get it on them now. Which Pokemon can learn Stealth Rock in XY? Tyrantrum is the only one I've found so far.

I've heard whisperings that if you breed with a Safari Ditto, Ditto will pass two of its 31 IVs on, without a power item. However, this hasn't happened when I tried. Does anyone have anymore information on this?

Does raining in routes follow a specific pattern, like f.ex. every x hour or specific times of day? I want to evolve Sliggoo, but have trouble finding any routes where it rains.

Is there any know way to have a Scrafty with both Drain Punch and Amnesia in Gen6? I know that they are both egg moves from different Pokemon, and that there's a tutor for Drain Punch in Gen5, but I can't figure out a way to do this in the new games. Any ideas?

Can anyone explain or redirect us to an explaination of the new Hidden Power mechanics? The type still depends on the Pokemon, but how and how does Fairy fit in?

Anyone know how the Exp. Share works with boosted experience? Does it share half of the normal experience or does it take in account the boosts from Pokemon Amie, trade, etc.

Question: I'm getting pretty sick of breeding. Just how important is getting a perfect attack IV, because of the damage variance? I heard it's better to try for perfect HP and Speed as those are fixed.
It's possible that Speed is not fixed. Near the beginning of the game, my Fletchling was up against a Zigzagoon. 4 of 5 turns, my Fletchling moved faster, but on the other turn, the Zigzagoon moved first even without a priority move. I'm not sure if they both had the same speed and I just got lucky (possible, I suppose, I wanted to catch it to be sure, but I ran out of Pokéballs). But there might be a small range whereby a "slower" Pokémon can actually outspeed a faster one, as long as it is within a few points. I haven't noticed it elsewhere, but my Pokémon tend to be higher level and EV trained for max speed, so I outrun them to a ridiculous degree anyway.
Planning on testing this at Route 2 with some freshly caught Pokémon and seeing how it goes. Smallest range of available stats means I have a good chance of testing a single point speed differential, and I'll have better balls to catch them with.

No word on Knock Off's damage boost against Pokémon holding items that can't be removed?
Anyone know how the Exp. Share works with boosted experience? Does it share half of the normal experience or does it take in account the boosts from Pokemon Amie, trade, etc.
Yes and no. Quackling, the traded Farfetch'd who rules early game, gets boosted Exp from the Exp Share. However, if he is in first, the other Pokémon do not get half of his boosted Exp. So it seems to calculate each individual Pokémon's boosts separately. A Pokémon with the Pokémon-Amie buffs will get extra boosts, but that boosted experience is calculated from the base of the original Pokémon, not factoring in whatever buffs the lead may have had.

Is it possible to get XY Dream World Abilities in the Friend Safari? I heard people captured DW of Xatu but what about the XY pkmn like Braixen?

Is it possible to get XY Dream World Abilities in the Friend Safari? I heard people captured DW of Xatu but what about the XY pkmn like Braixen?
Yes, you can. Braixen and the Fenniken line get Magician (basically a free Thief on attack). Froakie and his line get Protean (type changes to that of a move you use). Etcetera.

It's possible that Speed is not fixed. Near the beginning of the game, my Fletchling was up against a Zigzagoon. 4 of 5 turns, my Fletchling moved faster, but on the other turn, the Zigzagoon moved first even without a priority move. I'm not sure if they both had the same speed and I just got lucky (possible, I suppose, I wanted to catch it to be sure, but I ran out of Pokéballs). But there might be a small range whereby a "slower" Pokémon can actually outspeed a faster one, as long as it is within a few points. I haven't noticed it elsewhere, but my Pokémon tend to be higher level and EV trained for max speed, so I outrun them to a ridiculous degree anyway.
Planning on testing this at Route 2 with some freshly caught Pokémon and seeing how it goes. Smallest range of available stats means I have a good chance of testing a single point speed differential, and I'll have better balls to catch them with.
I don't understand why you would assume such a huge mechanic change over simply assuming a speed tie. Law of parsimony.

In what sense? Battle Tower or Wifi? Custom Wifi you can go up to 6 Pokemon with no restrictions. I think matchmaking Wifi is the normal 3v3 flat battle it's always been
There's also Normal Rules, which I know you can access through PSS Battles (not Battle Spot, haven't tried that yet.) Normal Rules sets all Pokemon to 50 and permits all 6 Pokemon to be used.

I have a question. In previous games I believe, wild Ditto would take on the catch rate of whatever they transformed into.

Thinking this was still the case, I obviously had it transform into a Magikarp, but I was surprised when Poke Balls to Ultra Balls kept failing. I even False Swiped it down to 1 HP, and the Magikarp Ditto broke out of the ball.

Does this mean Ditto maintains its original catch rate in this game?

Anyone know how to get my Gengar to learn DISABLE? Does it need to be done through breeding? Would it be different than Black and White though?

Is there any know way to have a Scrafty with both Drain Punch and Amnesia in Gen6? I know that they are both egg moves from different Pokemon, and that there's a tutor for Drain Punch in Gen5, but I can't figure out a way to do this in the new games. Any ideas?
It seems that egg moves can be passed down by both parents, so you should be able to bass Drain Punch first and then breed with a pokemon knowing Amnesia to get both.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I got a couple mega stones and then I went to capture Mewtwo, I forgot to save beforehand so I soft-reset to the point before I got the mega stones.. when I tried to go and get them again, they're not there. What happened?

I made sure the time is between 8 and 9 pm, I even changed the date to another day.

I got a couple mega stones and then I went to capture Mewtwo, I forgot to save beforehand so I soft-reset to the point before I got the mega stones.. when I tried to go and get them again, they're not there. What happened?

I made sure the time is between 8 and 9 pm, I even changed the date to another day.
The DS at least would hate when you changed the date/time, and lock you out of time-related events until a day had passed since you last altered the clock. The 3DS may be similar.

So is it me or is there no legendary trio thats being introduced in this gen? Obviously there are the cover legendaries, but there has always been a legendary trio with 580/600 BST introduced every generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)