Sticky X/Y Sprite Project

Ok guys, I'm about to make the mega banette back sprite, so can anyone tell me how it looks? I need to know till where the zip on its head extends to.

NVM, I found it. I made a back sprite of mega banette, thought I fear it may not be so good...

Last edited:

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I have a question: what exactly do "L ready" and "W ready" mean on the spreadsheet? I guess that they refer to animation, but I was curious.
well basicly its a system they use to see if a sprite is ready to be animated. If they both say yes, that means that there is nothing left to edit on the sprite and is now ready to be animated. Without it, one could animate a sprite that is later found to be flawed which would kinda mess things up.

well basicly its a system they use to see if a sprite is ready to be animated. If they both say yes, that means that there is nothing left to edit on the sprite and is now ready to be animated. Without it, one could animate a sprite that is later found to be flawed which would kinda mess things up.
I just figured out that the letters stand for their names. I am so slow.

Ok guys, I'm about to make the mega banette back sprite, so can anyone tell me how it looks? I need to know till where the zip on its head extends to.
This is a video of it in battle. I was planning on making the backsprite myself, but considering how absorbed I am in both the game and schoolwork atm, I'll just settle for QC work on it. Make me proud, soldier.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
@ talonflame size thing. I think the current size is fine given its stance. Size should only be relative when stance are similar and Pokemon have the same structure.

Eg Fearow vs Pidgeot

Fearow is naturally bigger but they can't be compared relatively to each other due to different stances. If this clarification is useful haha. Also it appears Honedge is going to be the first animated + shiny sprite! :)

That gray is way way too dark. It's supposed to be white lol.

Progress report, almost have the entire Honedge line done in shinies, fronts and backs.
is that better?

EDIT: OK No matter how much I want to do this I can't ever get recoloring down so I think I will take some more lessons before I come back and do some more work here an I hope you all get some good out of what I have done (lol the mega alakazam spriter didn't even use any of my edits but whatever) so I guess I will check in later :D

Last edited:

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
dunno how its shiny form really looks but if its that white maybe you should make its outline a little darker. Kinda hard to see the white areas.

I'd like to help with this...

Shiny Mega Gengar sprite...

And This Shiny Mega T-Tar Sprite

plz let me know if they need any changes...

Last edited:

wersterlobe's youtube has I think all the mega evolutions? He has a copy of each game at least, and played through both, so he should have everything on there.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
I'd like to help with this...

Shiny Mega Gengar sprite...

And This Shiny Mega T-Tar Sprite

plz let me know if they need any changes...
not really feeling the outline for gengar. Maybe using gray instead of black. Or adding some faint shading would make it look better.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

I'll keep this short but Diglett the approximate size that the mouse ought to be.

I do like the new sprite though.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
its a great sprite princess. he prob just want you to shrink it a bit just so its the size it should be but besides that, I think it looks much better than the old version.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)