Post Game Content Discussion

I believe if he says something to the tune of " it can't be better" it is an IV of 31
He'll also indicate IV's which are downright terrible, which are probably 0 IVs

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
The ultimate Smeargle for catching Pokemon in XY:

Smearge @ Leftovers
Jolly
4 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed
Ability: Moody / Own Tempo
-False Swipe
-Spore
-Sweet Scent
-Soak

Why Soak? Grass types are immune to Spore, Ghost types are immune to False Swipe, and Rock/Steel resists False Swipe. Soak changes the Pokemon to a Water type, fixing all of those problems. (it may also make Dive balls work better since the target becomes Water type)

Since no Pokemon flee from combat in XY, Mean Look is unnecessary.

The ultimate Smeargle for catching Pokemon in XY:

Smearge @ Leftovers
Jolly
4 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed
Ability: Moody / Own Tempo
-False Swipe
-Spore
-Sweet Scent
-Soak

Why Soak? Grass types are immune to Spore, Ghost types are immune to False Swipe, and Rock/Steel resists False Swipe. Soak changes the Pokemon to a Water type, fixing all of those problems. (it may also make Dive balls work better since the target becomes Water type)

Since no Pokemon flee from combat in XY, Mean Look is unnecessary.
Really? I use Mew XD. But I guess that could work too.
On a related note: I'll list what Post Game I liked and what I didn't like:
Kiloude City: Love
Megastone Hunting: Tedious and annoying (Yes I used a guide)
Fighting Serena in Kiloude: Sweet
Friend Safari: YES
Battle Maison: Just look at the Battle Maison thread, you'll see me there
Breeding: Not really post game, but annoying nonetheless
Mewtwo: Master Balled
Zygarde: Legit challenge (I was still using my In Game Team at that point)
Articuno: Annoying. As. Hell
Looker Buearu: Never tried XD
High Roller Sushi: Le Wow is so much better.
Rematcfh against the E4: Eh
And that's about it. I personally liked the Post Game quite a lot, even if it is sorta lacklustre.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone give a synopsis of the Looker subplot?
I see lots of praise for it around the forums and I don't have the game myself.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
The Looker chapters are excellent, and a great way for the game to make a quest differently from "defeat eight gyms and the bad team". It's possibly the greatest story telling in a main series Pokémon game to date.

That being said, the post-game content of XY is rather scarce. The Battle Maison gets slightly boring after a while, the Elite Four never get any harder, and finding the Mega Stones doesn't take too long. Friend Safari in Kiloude City is a great touch, but ultimately doesn't extend gameplay all that much. I suspect this is deliberate.

The business model of GameFreak does not rely on game longevity. Trying to extend the main game is hopeless, since after a while you'll have strong enough Pokémon to plow through anything the game can reasonably throw your way. Upping the difficulty by adding really-hard-to-beat opponents would eventually exclude less experienced players. Instead, GameFreak rely heavily on making entirely new games from scratch, and give players a new adventure to play. I think that some time during the next 4-6 months, we'll see a new Pokémon game being announced or at the very least teased. By then, most people who played XY will have "exhausted" the game somewhat, they have seen everything the game has to offer, and given most if not all of its aspects a try. The heavy-grindy stuff or collecting every Pokémon aside, the average player will have been through most of the game content and hungry for more.

That's when XY2/Z enters the picture. It offers all the excitement you had with X and/or Y, and then some. Extra features. Better battle facilities. Snazzy new decorations and additions to existing towns. A wider Pokémon selection, including a couple of legendaries from earlier generations. New locations. Better gyms. Perhaps an intriguing change to an existing mechanic. And, lo and behold, more post game content, enough to keep you satisfied all the way until the next generation rolls around. All in all a better game than X and Y were, and well worth dropping another NOK 399,- at. We'll be happy, GameFreak will profit, and new fans will be drawn to the series.

There's a reason why the features mentioned above weren't implemented in XY from the start. By holding back the bells and whistles (and keeping the limit of one save file per cartridge), GameFreak will have plenty of stuff to add to the third game/sequel pair to make it look (and be) better than XY. We're supposed to go tired after a while, so we eventually want to buy more games. And actually, I'm not complaining. I like starting a new Pokémon adventure, but I do not like to erase the progress I have already made. I can happily afford to buy a new game every 15 months, to get a new and better adventure than the last one. I look forward to X2Y2/Z, and in the mean time, I'll try to get as much fun as possible out of X and Y.

I guess we'll have to disagree on whether super training is easier/simpler than classic EV training- Personally though, It's (The classical method) easier for ME and a fair bit faster as killing that Zubat while holding a power anklet with pokerus is a lot faster than loading and completing the now shiny (But maybe soon to be redundant) super training

Post game, I would expect there to be at least Mega stones for all the Hoenn starters, Because game freak tends to like to be consistent like that
what about johto
>':

Finished the Looker missions, it was decent, got me to 130Hrs of playtime, but I still feel that Post-Game is nothing compared to even BW1's, which was a "regular" version, then again, that gen was strange in how everything worked

My post game was breeding and EVing everything, but now I've got everything remotely viable in OU.

Right now I'm just MM'ing for a Marill. Maison is neat, but we coulda used a full on frontier here. Guess that'll come in the third game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)