Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What 6th gen Pokemon learn False Swipe? I need to use something powerful with it to catch Dittos...
I caught a Scyther from Route 21 and he has been my main False Swiper since. The levels there are very high as well (I think he was 51 when I got him, but he's leveled up a bit since then with all the experience gained from captures haha).

I just bred a Bagon with 31 Attack and Speed, then I EV trained him with 252 Attack and 252 Speed EVs. I was teaching him my usual moveset of Fire Blast, Earthquake, Dragon Claw, and Outrage when I realized... There's no move tutor for outrage. Is there? I'm pretty sure there's no TM for it and I checked the move relearner if it was by some chance learned, but nope. Am I going to have to breed with something that learns it naturally? (Haxorus, I think?)
Nope. Salamence has no way of getting Outrage currently, since Outrage is not an egg move Bagon can have.

Thanks. Just found out my Hawlucha learns it too, and he's level 70.

I have another question. What are the useful natures? I know each one has some use, but some are just garbage, aren't they?

If I could have a list of the potentially useful natures, like Modest, Timid, Jolly, etc., it would be appreciated, so I can get Syncs of each of those natures.

Aegislash also learns False Swipe by breeding(Honedge, that is.) Prevents a few pokemon that like to blow themselves up or abuse Take Down or Double Edge.

Do mega-evolved pokemon revert to their base forms upon switch-out?
Late response here, but they do not. I believe they only revert when they're KO'd (fact-check me on this) or the battle ends.
I have another question. What are the useful natures? I know each one has some use, but some are just garbage, aren't they?

If I could have a list of the potentially useful natures, like Modest, Timid, Jolly, etc., it would be appreciated, so I can get Syncs of each of those natures.
Personally, I only exclude 7 of the 25 natures: Gentle, Lax, Bashful, Docile, Hardy, Quirky, and Serious. Those, in context, would be the "just garbage" natures.

The rest, well...each nature can be useful in some way, but the least situational natures are: Timid, Jolly, Hasty, Modest, and Adamant on the offensive side; Bold, Calm, Impish, Careful, Relaxed, and Sassy on the defensive side (although Impish and Careful are questionable).

Disclaimer: This is my opinion. Feel free to disagree.

Also, a question of my own: anyone have a good set for mixed Lucario? I have a Hasty max speed Luke and I don't know what to do with it.

I heard males can pass Hidden Abilities now, what should my breeding set-up be like to do this, and what are the chances?
I've had it occur from breeding with dittos and females from the same species. I'm not really sure of the odds. Definitely not higher than 50/50, though. I'd say 1/3rd of the time it passed down the hidden ability? Not sure if Everstone affects this either.

I'm curious how percents are applied in pokemon.
If its sunny and water type attacks are reduced by 50%
then I have a choice band that increases my moves by 50%
how is the moves power calculated?
100% or 75%
Then if, let's say Blastoise's torrent kicks in, does this increase stack or is it added
ie a move is increased 50% by choice band then is the 150% increase to 225%? or is it just 200%?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'm curious how percents are applied in pokemon.
If its sunny and water type attacks are reduced by 50%
then I have a choice band that increases my moves by 50%
how is the moves power calculated?
100% or 75%
Then if, let's say Blastoise's torrent kicks in, does this increase stack or is it added
ie a move is increased 50% by choice band then is the 150% increase to 225%? or is it just 200%?
Each of these things increases/decreases a different aspect of the Pokémon.

A CB Pokémon with 300 Attack using Waterfall in the Rain would work like this:
Choice Band boosts the Pokémon's attack to 450.
Rain boosts the base power of Waterfall to 120.
So in rain, the Pokémon would be attacking with an Attack stat of 450 and using a move with 120 base power.
If Torrent is active, it boosts the power of Waterfall by 1/3, so the Pokémon would be attacking with an Attack stat of 450 and using a move with 160 base power.

You don't just multiply or add all the percents together.

Each of these things increases/decreases a different aspect of the Pokémon.

A CB Pokémon with 300 Attack using Waterfall in the Rain would work like this:
Choice Band boosts the Pokémon's attack to 450.
Rain boosts the base power of Waterfall to 120.
So in rain, the Pokémon would be attacking with an Attack stat of 450 and using a move with 120 base power.
If Torrent is active, it boosts the power of Waterfall by 1/3, so the Pokémon would be attacking with an Attack stat of 450 and using a move with 160 base power.

You don't just multiply or add all the percents together.
Ure a life saver :)
love your avatar btw

Hey Smogon! Haven't posted here in a long time! I have a question, hopefully someone can answer!

I'm currently at the part in the game where I can fight Yveltal. What nature should I aim for it and is there a way to check it's IVs? Since idk of any calculators that have 6th gen pokemon base stats in already. I want a good nature/IVs just in case it's allowed in a future VGC.

Thanks!

Did Stealth Rock get nerfed? I feel I'm crazy, but I'm pretty sure it does 1/16th base damage now. Fire types are switching in and not losing 1/4th of their health, unless I am just terrible at looking at health bars

Hi, I posted a thread here called Arceus (collective) and it was locked because one of the staff members thinks "Arceus will never be OU like...ever."

However, this is a direct violation of Rule #5, do not assume any Pokemon is Uber.

I'm confused.

With Smogon Doubles being official, is Singles OU still considered 'standard'? Most of the Pokemon pages seems to imply that.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
With Smogon Doubles being official, is Singles OU still considered 'standard'? Most of the Pokemon pages seems to imply that.
Yes, Smogon Singles OU will likely stay Smogon's primary tier for a long time to come.

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi, I posted a thread here called Arceus (collective) and it was locked because one of the staff members thinks "Arceus will never be OU like...ever."

However, this is a direct violation of Rule #5, do not assume any Pokemon is Uber.

I'm confused.
Pokemon with a Base Stat Total of 670 or greater are not being brought into OU for XY, meaning that there's no assumption that Arceus will be Uber; it will be Uber. That rule extends to anything not within that BST range.

Do Mega Evolutions always have the same ability?

Will Blaze Blaziken mega-evolve into Speed Boost Mega Blaziken?
Do Swarm and Light Metal Scizor mega-evolve into Speed Boost Mega Scizor?

Do parents pass abilities?

I swear breeding two thick fat Marill's got me a huge power one on occasion, but doing a ditto plus a thick fat one has gotten me ~10ish thick fat ones. At least they were all adamant... >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)