Pokémon Pangoro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh thanks. I just tried it with absol and now will destroy all but fairies with my Pangoro!

Thats exactly what I have been thinking. Seems like a perfectly decent candidate for a UU offensive pivot
Yeah, Parting Shot into something like Venemoth, Azelf, Cobalion, or Bisharp to set up on fairies will be standard, I think (anything that can work off of a single turn and either force out fairies and/or take their STAB will be a good partner). Pair it with VoltTurn staples like Raikou, Darmanitan, Rotom formes, etc. and you have a pretty solid offensive team. Not to mention Pangoro (especially if you run CB, but +Atk Pangoro will work fine) can probably smash through a lot of walls like Cress, Cofagrigus, or Snorlax.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
only thing is that since parting shot is pangoros signature move, it can be predicted and the opponent can switch to a poke that doesnt care if its attack stats drop such as a sableye or registeel.

only thing is that since parting shot is pangoros signature move, it can be predicted and the opponent can switch to a poke that doesnt care if its attack stats drop such as a sableye or registeel.
And when they switch out, you can switch to a Pokemon who sets up on/threatens/beats said Pokemon, so it's not that big a drawback.

As everyone pretty much as mentioned, Pangoro would kill for Sucker Punch with its stat spread, or hell any priority move with STAB. I'm a bit surprised it doesn't learn Sucker Punch considering its a panda high school punk.

I don't see it getting past RU because of its Speed and poor Movepool. It can hit like a rock regardless which is its only saving grace. But otherwise its not going to get much use.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
its only other hope is if it gets anymore moves in december when we can start bringing in past gen moves. maybe if pangoro is lucky, they could be passed down that way. either that or wait until pokemon z (obv going to be called that lol) which tends to have much better move tutors.

Something I've just noticed- Pangoro will synergise really well with Wobbuffet. Parting Shot'ing any offensive Pokemon and going to Wobbuffet will be an easy KO.

A shame Pangoro doesn't get Pursuit, though. That'd be even better. You could Encore + Tickle any slow defensive mon and eliminate it with Pangoro.

This is dark horse build i came up with.

Kung Fu Panda
@ Flame Orb
Adamant
252 HP 252 ATK 4 SPD
Iron Fist
Crunch/Payback
Sky Uppercut (Iron Fist+STAB? thank you)
Bulk Up
Fling

This is better when you have a tailwind, if you run crunch, if you run payback, no tailwind.
First hit a physical attacker you opponent is using with fling, then Start bulking, while he cant hit you as hard, which in turn makes it harder.

ps how come avalanche (great on a swapert BTW) Alaways moves last and forces it but payback doesnt?

That's the beauty of Parting Shot. If they switch in something that's set-up fodder, you bring in whatever you have that can use it as set-up fodder, while making it even easier to set up on with the power drops.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
bulk up and parting shot wouldnt really work together since youll lose your boosts so choose between one of them. I think payback works better with hammer arm btw since you would get slower.

Which four should I give my Pangoro out of Hammer Arm, Crunch, Poison Jab, Parting Shot, and Bulk Up?
I agree with Ito. Bulk up sets are good with three attacks, so HA crunch and PJ will work fine. Parting shot has kind of like a scouting strategy with it, so it works well on choice sets especially scarf.

Low Sweep seems kind of interesting with Parting Shot too.
If the opponent stays in Parting Shot presents a -1/-1/-1 Pokemon to your swtich-in.
There's also Infestation for Pseudo-trapping and double-switch prevention but not sure if it'll work outside theorymon.
Then it could round out the set with Poison Jab to catch Fairies on the switch or if you're faster after they take a Low Sweep.

Summary:
Mold Breaker/Scrappy : Parting Shot | Low Sweep | Poison Jab | Infestation/Crunch

Also, with the change in sleep mechanics maybe something like
Scrappy: Rest | Sleep Talk | Circle Throw | Poison Jab/Bulk Up
could work.

Tried a Scarf set with Parting shot. It's fantastic at keeping momentum and supporting the team, but it can't really do much else. It's too slow to run adamant and his moves lack on BP to actually hurt stuff, it would kill for close combat.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
doesnt iron fist sky uppercut bring it close to close combats power without its side effect? Its ability to hit pokemon using bounce is kinda cool too even though it would almost always be not very effective. Sure it would love to just have close combat but think its sky uppercut is decent enough for ru.

I've been breeding to try and get moves onto Pancham, but so far I've had absolutely no success. none of the elemental punches, nor bullet punch, close combat, focus punch, or comet punch are egg moves.

I'm sort of lost on what else to try. I might attempt to chain drain punch onto it, but I have doubts that'd work.

Low Sweep seems kind of interesting with Parting Shot too.
If the opponent stays in Parting Shot presents a -1/-1/-1 Pokemon to your swtich-in.
There's also Infestation for Pseudo-trapping and double-switch prevention but not sure if it'll work outside theorymon.
Then it could round out the set with Poison Jab to catch Fairies on the switch or if you're faster after they take a Low Sweep.

Summary:
Mold Breaker/Scrappy : Parting Shot | Low Sweep | Poison Jab | Infestation/Crunch

Also, with the change in sleep mechanics maybe something like
Scrappy: Rest | Sleep Talk | Circle Throw | Poison Jab/Bulk Up
could work.
I was thinking a rest talk phasing set with circle throw could be good. Would power up punch be better than bulk up there though?

I think rest talk throw or choice band are probably his best sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)