Move Misty/Electric/Grassy Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently all of these moves change what Nature Power turns into, which is now a TM. Still gimmicky but it's sort of funny to see a Moonblast come out of a Venasaur.

i have a feeling that these moves were added as a nerf (or at least an alternative) to existing weather moves. e.g. this may allow a grass-based team to be a significant threat in OU now, especially as it would be able to destroy water teams that rely on rain dance.

these moves are just giving the underpowered types something that they can use to boost themselves in terms of power.
Not sure bout the fairy one though seeing how powerful that fairy is likely to become. aside from the fairy one, notice how both of the others are supereffective against the ever-powerful rain dance and drizzle teams.

I have a feeling that the type that will benefit the least will be electric because many electric Pokemon have levitate or appear to be floating in their art.
Will check whether if a Pokemon looks like it is floating but has no specific type or ability that specifies its floatiness gets the effect of these moves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this field effect compatible with weather? Can both be on at the same time? Could we not run Rain Dance + Electric field boosted 100% accurate Thunders?

Is this field effect compatible with weather? Can both be on at the same time? Could we not run Rain Dance + Electric field boosted 100% accurate Thunders?
i have a feeling that it is, that could be a real killer. will check when i have found right pokemon to experiment with

EDIT: especially in doubles, where you could do a one-turn setup
EDIT2: how long does it take to find a helioptile on route 9 -_-

Last edited:
I am also quite curious about this. I was thinking of having my FLoette use this with Wish to help support my team, but I was hesitant when I saw it healed the foe as well. But the boost to grass moves is nice, though that team would only have FLoette using a grass move.

If someone can confirm what other boosts Misty Terrain gives that would be great. I was planning to run Moon Blast, Petal Blizzard, Wish, something on my +SpD Flogres, and a Misty Terrain that either boosts fairies or weakens dragons would be very nice.

I found a Trainer Tips sign in game saying that Misty Terrain cuts the power of Dragon attacks in half, but only if the defending pokemon is grounded ie Garchomp not Salamence. The sign was south of Couriway Town outside the Winding Woods (I believe.. might have been near Victory Road entrance)

I found a Trainer Tips sign in game saying that Misty Terrain cuts the power of Dragon attacks in half, but only if the defending pokemon is grounded ie Garchomp not Salamence. The sign was south of Couriway Town outside the Winding Woods (I believe.. might have been near Victory Road entrance)
Wait defending, or attacking? I would assume you meant attacking pokemon. That doesn't hurt as many Dragons, but it hurts a lot of non-dragons that may use Dragon moves.

EDIT: Ok, after looking at a list... yeah this hurts more dragons then it doesn't.

Mega CHarizard X(IF it doesn't take into account he used to be flying)
Mega Amphoros
Kingdra
Garchomp
Dailga
Palkia
Non-Origin Giratina
Dragon Plate Arceus
Haxorus
Druddigon
Reshiram
Zekrom
Kyurem
Dragalge
Tyrantrum
Goodra
Zygarde

Only Dragonite, Salamence, The Lati's. Noivern, Hydreigon, and Flygon aren't effected by this. Misty Terrain mya be a HUGE thorn in Dragon types. I may put it on my Flogres then as the final spot.

Now, do we know if it curse current status problems as well?

Last edited:
Makes more sense if it's defending, really. So far they're all defensive benefits that flyers can't make use of, not things intended to punish non-flyers. And a land-based dragon counter when most of the dragons fly makes no sense.

i have a feeling that it is, that could be a real killer. will check when i have found right pokemon to experiment with

EDIT: especially in doubles, where you could do a one-turn setup
EDIT2: how long does it take to find a helioptile on route 9 -_-
Helioptile does not learn Electric Terrain. You want to move tutor an Elektryke.

Makes more sense if it's defending, really. So far they're all defensive benefits that flyers can't make use of, not things intended to punish non-flyers. And a land-based dragon counter when most of the dragons fly makes no sense.
Oh, I guess I was interpreting it differently. I was thinking if you are an attacking Dragon type your dragon attack will do less damage, more then if you are a defending pokemon the dragon type attack will do less damage you you.

And if you look, most dragons actually DON'T fly.

Wait, does this only effect Dragon types that receive dragon attacks, or any non flying receiving a dragon attack?

OK using Dragons as an example was a bad idea. I would assume it means any dragon attack is halved as long as the defending pokemon is on the ground. If the pokemon is flying they will still receive the full amount of damage.

OK using Dragons as an example was a bad idea. I would assume it means any dragon attack is halved as long as the defending pokemon is on the ground. If the pokemon is flying they will still receive the full amount of damage.
Ok that makes sense. I think this move may see some use after all. A Safeguard you don't have to pass plus half damage from dragons? What's not to like? Sure, your own dragon attacks will suffer as well though, but my team only has 1 planned dragon move so I'm not hurt TOO badly.

on the topic of electric terrain, i tried to test out a few things last week.
-no one can use rest
-no apparent accuracy boost to Zap Cannon or Thunder
-No volt absorb, lightningrod triggers (maybe double battles it might still work on the turn E terrain is used?)
-there is certainly a boost the electric move's powers

Nature Power becomes Thunderbolt, Energy Ball and Moonblast with the terrains. The first 2 get buffed from the terrains too. I can see these 3 terrain moves being used in Doubles.

just did a test on grassy terrain.
no change in power of magic leaf. still need to run tests o see if it boosts def stats of grass pokemon. also need to check the effect on physical moves.
test results were as follows:
attacked with magic leaf and did 4mm of damage (unable to get better measurements as i only have 1 3ds therefore unable to get measurements of exact damage taken)
activated grassy terrain, enemy had 1mm of health restored
attacked with magic leaf again and did another 4 mm of damage.

just did a test on grassy terrain.
no change in power of magic leaf. still need to run tests o see if it boosts def stats of grass pokemon. also need to check the effect on physical moves.
test results were as follows:
attacked with magic leaf and did 4mm of damage (unable to get better measurements as i only have 1 3ds therefore unable to get measurements of exact damage taken)
activated grassy terrain, enemy had 1mm of health restored
attacked with magic leaf again and did another 4 mm of damage.
Did the Magical Leaf user have Levitate or Flying type? If so, then it doesn't get powered up.

Grassy Terrain

"This move creates a terrain that helps Pokémon on the ground for 5 turns. It increases their Hit Points by 1/16th per turn and increases Grass-type move power by 50%"
-Serebii

http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-xy/grassyterrain.shtml

So according to that, the Oddish & Roselia families are the only Grass types that get this move.
Maybe Joe still didn't finish all research on this move? Because I desperately want Bulbasaur to get this! I'll try breeding it from an Oddish (coz, for my life, I can't run into a Budew) to a female Ivysaur (ever I ever find one of these too -.-') and I'll post here any updates.

MegaVenusaur
-Sleep Powder
-Grassy Terrain (pseudoLeftovers + Choice Specs boost)
-Giga Drain *__*
-Sludge Bomb

a guy can dream :p

If not, well, I guess I can run a Roserade:

Roserade @LifeOrb
-Sleep Powder
-Grassy Terrain (helps with the LO damage + Choice Specs boost)
-Energy Ball/Giga Drain/Grass Knot
-Sludge Bomb

While Grass types can run Sunny Day and use the stronger Solar Beam to forgo the boost, they should only do so with the help of Chlorophyll since Grassy Terrain is more of a defensive tactic that synergizes with Giga Drain.

Did the Magical Leaf user have Levitate or Flying type? If so, then it doesn't get powered up.
no, it was florges and it still got the health boost every turn. either seribii is lying or my measurements were off. will run the test again.

btw it IS possible to have weather and terrain in effect at once therefore it is perfectly possible for a 100% accuracy STAB boosted terrain boosted thunder giving it a total power of 270.

that may just be slightly overpowered

Last edited:
no, it was florges and it still got the health boost every turn. either seribii is lying or my measurements were off. will run the test again.

btw it IS possible to have weather and terrain in effect at once therefore it is perfectly possible for a 100% accuracy STAB boosted terrain boosted thunder giving it a total power of 270.

Just slightly. haha. Well, for a set up that you need a drizzle/rain dance user and an electric terrain user, I think the pay off is balanced.

EDIT: I just asked this in the Florges thread, but does an item increase the duration of Terrain moves? That would boost these moves decently

Last edited:
Is Grass Pelt Gogoat available yet? Because with Grassy Terrain and Florges' Flower Veil, together they seem to make Gogoat a very annoying tank, alongside the latter's Leech Seed, Horn Leech and Milk Drink being available.

Florges doesn't look like it's touching the ground to me. Maybe that's the criteria they use?

EV train Floette's special attack, level it to 51 so it learns petal dance, evolve it into Florges, give it a grass boosting item like rose incense, use grassy terrain at beginning of the battle and then use petal dance. Massive damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)