Item Assault Vest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Assault Vest count towards download? Meaning if you have an AV on, but your SDef is naturally lower before the +1, what raise will the download provide?

Oblivion wing is overrated. Healing only matters if you can take a hit anyhow
Apparently 456 HP with 331 Sp.Def can't take a special hit, especially when Lustrous Orb Palkia needs 4 - 5 Thunders to kill you if you spam Oblivion Wing. And wouldn't even make it to the 4th because Oblivion Wing 3HKOs.

EDIT: Oops you're not faster so the 4th is inevitable if you plan to switch in.

Apparently 456 HP with 331 Sp.Def can't take a special hit, especially when Lustrous Orb Palkia needs 4 - 5 Thunders to kill you if you spam Oblivion Wing. And wouldn't even make it to the 4th because Oblivion Wing 3HKOs.
Not to mention Yveltal has a Dark Aura-boosted SUCKER PUNCH to play with.

Oblivion wing is overrated. Healing only matters if you can take a hit anyhow
126/95/98 defenses may not look like much in Ubers, but Yveltal's still bulkier than your average Uber. Other than Arceus, Giratina (Both formes), Lugia, Ho-Oh (On the special side) and perhaps Chansey I don't think there's anything else that is bulkier overall than Yveltal. And none of them have a 75% STAB draining move nor Dark moves that hit like two trucks

So, havent posted one of these, and please excuse me if the EV's are bad, as im not so good with number calculations, but I found a set that might be beneficial with Assult Vest (Go ahead and suggest btter EV's if you have any)

Scrafty @ Assault Vest
Impish
252 HP / 198 Atk / 64 Def
Intimidate
- Power Up Punch
- Crunch
- Drain Punch
- Stone Edge / Ice Punch / Zen Headbutt

So, Scrafty with a Defence nature, and intimidate gives it great Physical Defence, Assault vest boosts its already good Sp Def, and Power Up Punch boosts Drain punch allowing it to regain health when needed, while Crunch and the last move are for coverage. Basically, Scrafty's movepool and ability allow it to cover the weaknesses of Assult Vest.
Shed Skin can also be use if there is no Heal Bell Support on the team, as this set is pretty much ruined by Toxic or Faries. But otherwise I think its pretty good.
Just out of curiosity, why intimidate over Moxie and then running something stronger than PUP

Just out of curiosity, why intimidate over Moxie and then running something stronger than PUP
You have PuP, so you probably don't need the extra attack boosts. Intimidate and Shed Skin both give you something tangible that you can use on most occasions, and should be your first options.

Metagross @Assault Vest
Nature : Careful
EVs : 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Atk
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Pursuit / Zen Headbutt / Ice Punch

+2 252 SpA Xerneas Focus Blast vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ SpD Metagross: 136-160 (37.36 - 43.95%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Hidden Power Fire vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ SpD Metagross: 102-122 (28.02 - 33.51%) -- 0.1% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus-T Thunderbolt vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ SpD Metagross: 113-134 (31.04 - 36.81%) -- 75.81% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Heatran Fire Blast vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ SpD Metagross: 186-222 (51.09 - 60.98%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ SpD Metagross: 260-307 (71.42 - 84.34%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ SpD Metagross: 138-163 (37.91 - 44.78%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

We can obviously change the EVs spread and the nature but wow, this thing is awesome.

Last edited:
Did you calc all these special moves with there proper power debuff? (Hidden Power being only 60 Power, Hydro Pump 110 etc.)

Because that would make Metagross an incredible "mixed" wall

Edit: Just want to remind you that Regen Slowbro/king with it is absolutely amazing!

If Slowking was the wall special attackers had to beat in RU in last gen, Assault Velt would turn it into the wall special attackers want to avoid :P
Is that true Siggu? Could you tell me potent RU Sweeper from gen 5, I want to calculate something :)

Scrafty gets super walled and super killed by any fairy. I don't know how viable he is anymore.
Most fairies have sub-par physical defense which just means Scrafty can pretty much 2HKO with STAB moves them at +1 and also it can run Iron Head/Poison Jab which nicely compliments the Dark/Fighting STAB combo. Granted people will be more hesitant to use him but he's still viable, just not with the exact same coverage moves.

Did you calc all these special moves with there proper power debuff? (Hidden Power being only 60 Power, Hydro Pump 110 etc.)

Because that would make Metagross an incredible "mixed" wall

Edit: Just want to remind you that Regen Slowbro/king with it is absolutely amazing!
I edited with 110 power HPump / FBlast

H
Is that true Siggu? Could you tell me potent RU Sweeper from gen 5, I want to calculate something :)
A Special One? I think Shell Smash Omastar is a strong one... Maybe also Quiver Dance Lilligant...

Scrafty gets super walled and super killed by any fairy. I don't know how viable he is anymore.
why isn't going to be viable? Volcarona was OU even with that huge 4x weakness to rock and specially to stealth Rock... So, probably it's going to have it's niche with the proper team support...

Don't get me wrong, Scrafty might as well be completely usable. I was just saying that fairies seem to stop him cold. though, I'll give you guys that he seems more than capable to break through most of them with Iron Head, the average Defense of Fairies seems to be pretty low.

However, comparing it to Volcarona doesn't seem right. Volcarona was a monster in base stats, had reliable recovery, could abuse both Rain and Sun and had Quiver Dance. Scrafty is a neat mon, but the Bulk Up or Dragon Dance sets have nothing on Volc.

The problem Scrafty has is that it doesn't have a high enough Attack for boosting sets, as it needs multiple boosts to deal sizable damage. Assault Vest is likely going to be a useful asset on it in lower tiers as it can take even strong Focus Blasts without AV and with high SpD investment

So then what would be Assault Vest Scrafty's main niche? I'm asking out of real curiosity, I want to know what this thing can do.

I feel seriously offended that no one has mentioned Contrary Serperior. What is this world coming to? He can both boost by +2 off a crazy 140 STAB Leafstorm and Heal with Giga Drain, plus it has decent bulk to begin with, thus utilizing Assault Vest to the maximum.

Serperior @Assault Vest
Nature: Modest/Timid
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Sp. A/ 4 Spd
- Leafstorm
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- HP (depending on what your team is lacking)/ Some new special move

And for the ever so skeptic ones, some calcs to give a picture of how overpowered Serperior can become:
Offensively:
+2 252+ SpA Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 4 HP / 252+ SpD Blissey: 204-240 (31.28 - 36.8%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
+2 252+ SpA Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Skarmory: 85-101 (25.44 - 30.23%) -- possible 4HKO
+2 252+ SpA Serperior Dragon Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Soul Dew Latias: 158-188 (43.4 - 51.64%) -- 10.94% chance to 2HKO
(Essentialy a 3HKO for Blissey and Skarmory)
+2 252+ SpA Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 128 HP / 0 SpD Thundurus-T: 209-246 (63.14 - 74.32%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ SpA Serperior Hidden Power Ground vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 276-328 (71.68 - 85.19%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ SpA Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Kyogre: 396-468 (98.26 - 116.12%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

Defensively:
252 SpA Mega Gengar Shadow Ball vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Serperior: 112-133 (31.63 - 37.57%) -- 90.8% chance to 3HKO
175 SpA Mega Alakazam Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Serperior: 133-157 (37.57 - 44.35%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 252+ SpA Thundurus-T Thunderbolt vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Serperior: 129-152 (36.44 - 42.93%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Kyogre Ice Beam vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Serperior: 264-312 (74.57 - 88.13%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Heatran Fire Blast vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Serperior: 272-324 (76.83 - 91.52%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Soul Dew Latios Draco Meteor vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Serperior: 238-282 (67.23 - 79.66%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

That is one hell of a list. Notice how it can take hits from both Offensive Heatran, Kyogre and Latios and also dish out damage to specially defensive versions and Latias? Oh and did I mention it can also recover?

But to be completely unbiased, it couldn't take a Fire blast for it's life, especially under the sun. In addition a timid nature would be needed to boost that luscious 113 speed, but I personally prefer the extra firepower.

Now where is my Nobel Prize?

EDIT:
Leafstorm was nerfed to 130 bp. However these calcs still apply. It is also still unknown if Serperior will get Dragon Pulse this Gen, but let's just assume he does ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)