Xerneas

Status
Not open for further replies.
also, quick idea for switching in xerneas.

use a smeargle which has shell smash and baton pass and is equipped with a focus sash, this allows you to keep xerneas completely safe untill it is ready to destroy everything.

gives you full hp serneas with effects of a geomancy.

this works due to the fact that everybody in ubers will know that they have to smash xerneas while it is setting up, thereby neutralising the massive threat posed by a fully geomanced xerneas

ShadowyKatana

Banned deucer.
Why shell smash? Can't you just Geomancy + power herb on Smeargle? I personally find the negative effects of Shell Smash contrary to Xerneas's natural bulk

Why shell smash? Can't you just Geomancy + power herb on Smeargle? I personally find the negative effects of Shell Smash contrary to Xerneas's natural bulk
good point, but as it is weak and will pobably get ohko'ed it needs the sash. your idea would work iff it had sturdy but unfortunately it dosent. :/

its okay, i forgot that there was even the possibility of it learning geomancy, new gens, moves and mechanics take a hell of a lot of getting used to.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
also, quick idea for switching in xerneas.

use a smeargle which has shell smash and baton pass and is equipped with a focus sash, this allows you to keep xerneas completely safe untill it is ready to destroy everything.

gives you full hp serneas with effects of a geomancy.

this works due to the fact that everybody in ubers will know that they have to smash xerneas while it is setting up, thereby neutralising the massive threat posed by a fully geomanced xerneas
Tail glow + bp is the way to go in that case. Only problem is xerneas is taking far more hits than it'll have to, in order to use this which would make it more priority weak.

It's a shame it doesn't get Swords Dance. A Physical Xerneas is an anti-metagame Pokemon that hits most Ubers in their weaker physical side.

So far, I see Xerneas as extremely predictable. As soon as it switches in, go into whirlwind ho-oh. There, you move-blocked Xerneas. What is it going to do? I doubt a +2 Psyshock will take care of the big bird and then it can easily whirlwind. Problem solved, Xerneas lost its ability to set up efficiently.

Hi everyone, I'm just wondering what is Xerneas' best way of taking out Aegislash? I struggle against my friend because it can take a moonblast after geomancy and it can take out Xerneas with an iron head and a shadow sneak. Does it have any options?

Haruno

It's a shame it doesn't get Swords Dance. A Physical Xerneas is an anti-metagame Pokemon that hits most Ubers in their weaker physical side.

So far, I see Xerneas as extremely predictable. As soon as it switches in, go into whirlwind ho-oh. There, you move-blocked Xerneas. What is it going to do? I doubt a +2 Psyshock will take care of the big bird and then it can easily whirlwind. Problem solved, Xerneas lost its ability to set up efficiently.
Who cares about predictability if you can't stop it. A mon could be predictable and still be incredibly hard to stop cough breloom cough ekiller cough. Overall predictability isn't an argument whatsoever.

With your logic I could switch in cloyster and just set up a shell smash then screw yveltal with Icicle spuar

Who cares about predictability if you can't stop it. A mon could be predictable and still be incredibly hard to stop cough breloom cough ekiller cough. Overall predictability isn't an argument whatsoever.
Of course, I agree with you. The problem is that Breloom needs no setup and Extreme Killer Arceus doesn't forgo a turn using Swords Dance. You can switch a phazer into Ekiller, but it will still hurt you very badly and then it can simply SD agaim after it comes back into the fray.

Xerneas does not want to use Geomancy without a Power Herb. He most deffinitely doesn't.

Haruno

You make using power herb xerneas sound like a bad thing. Is it incredibly predictBle? Sure. Is it incredibly hard to stop? Also yes. I really don't see your point here. There are only a select handful of things that can stand up to xerneas at +2 and any competent player will only send xerneas in when they're guaranteed the free turn.

You make using power herb xerneas sound like a bad thing. Is it incredibly predictBle? Sure. Is it incredibly hard to stop? Also yes. I really don't see your point here. There are only a select handful of things that can stand up to xerneas at +2 and any competent player will only send xerneas in when they're guaranteed the free turn.
I was just trying to play devil's advocate. I'm trying to find some way to counter Xerneas, these discussion threads don't necessarily mean that we have to sit around and do a praising circlejerk for each pokemon in the title. We might as well try to find ways to deal with it, if only to help it know how to battle its counters.

Haruno

Nothing weak to moonblast can stop it.
Assault vest is a must.
Special attackers lacking psyshock/strike can't stop it
Scarfers don't stop it
Sr cannot be up

Those are the general guidelines you need to have in order to "stop" it.

No. It doesn't even stop it. Copycat would imitate either moonblast or geomancy. Neither of which scare xerneas
I meant with Roar, so whenever Xerneas switches in, you swap to Riolu. When Xerneas uses Geomancy, Riolu gets switched in and on the next turn, Riolu uses Priority Roar to get rid of Xerneas.

1. Xerneas switches in
2. Geomancy and at the same turn you respond with switching in Riolu
3. Prankster Riolu roars Xerneas away

I meant with Roar, so whenever Xerneas switches in, you swap to Riolu. When Xerneas uses Geomancy, Riolu gets switched in and on the next turn, Riolu uses Priority Roar to get rid of Xerneas.

1. Xerneas switches in
3. Prankster Riolu roars Xerneas away
That doesn't work. You need to set up Roar through Prankster Copycat for it to work, and I think it was nerfed this Generation so that you couldn't +1 shuffle entire teams anymore.

Otherwise, Prankster Roar has still -6 priority, if I'm not mistaken.

Imho the best counter, if not the only one, is Assault Vest Heatran(Ho-oh is blowed away by Psyshock), which struggles to damage Xerneas and taking a Focus Blast. Maybe, if it ends up that every team is forced to run Heatran in order to beat Xerneas it could be time to ban Geomancy. Imho you can't really compare this to Specs Kyogre, which is easly revengekilled, or to Extremekiller Arceus, which hasn't only one counter(In fact, you can stop it whit Giratina, Arceus-Ghost, Steel and Rock, Choice Scarf Terrakion, Tyranitar, Skarmory, Forretress, Ferrothorn, defensive Groudon and Sableye).

That doesn't work. You need to set up Roar through Prankster Copycat for it to work, and I think it was nerfed this Generation so that you couldn't +1 shuffle entire teams anymore.

-1 priority, but yeah, it still should have that.

Haruno

1. Xerneas switches in
3. Prankster Riolu geomancy Xerneas away
why is xerneas scared of geomancy riolu again? =/
Heatran is wrecked by Close Combat so it can't be considered a true counter.
Xerneas is perfectly capable of running a mixed set as well, so it's not nearly as monodimensional as it may seem.
+2 252+ SpA (custom) Focus Blast vs. +1 252 HP / 148+ SpD Heatran: 290-342 (75.12 - 88.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

that's assault vest heatran mind you, without it heatran gets ohko'd by focus blast, and if it takes even the slightest amount of damage beforehand then it's ohko'd nonetheless.

Probably has -6+1= -5. Still massively negatively, still going last. It might get priority over other Roars.

i guess cb scizor w/ bullet punch is the only way to go then.
although it would be possible to force xerneas out with a focus sash spore smeargle, seeing as uber teams tend not to pack that many magic bouncers...
unless this gen horribly nerfed spore, that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)