Pokémon Lucario

Status
Not open for further replies.
The following calculations should answer your questions. The calculations are, of course, tailored around Mega Gengar (using it in calcs since I predict Mega Gengar will become popular) having 80 Defense, and Lucario's other properties.
  • +2 252+ Atk Adaptability Lucario Bullet Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 250-296 (95.41 - 112.97%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
  • +2 252 Atk Adaptability Lucario Bullet Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 228-270 (87.02 - 103.05%) -- 18.75% chance to OHKO
So with Stealth Rock damage, you're all set. You also gain guaranteed OHKO's on normal Gengar, which should answer part of your question. Obviously, you can't really say the same for +0.
  • +0 252+ Atk Adaptability Lucario Bullet Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 126-150 (48.09 - 57.25%) -- 45.7% chance to 2HKO
  • +0 252 Atk Adaptability Lucario Bullet Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 114-136 (43.51 - 51.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
And for normal Gengar:
  • 252+ Atk Adaptability Lucario Bullet Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 158-186 (60.3 - 70.99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252 Atk Adaptability Lucario Bullet Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 144-170 (54.96 - 64.88%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Somewhat unsettling considering Mega Gengar can't hurt itself with Life Orb recoil. Mega Lucario can also beat Gengar regardless because it naturally has more Speed than it, and uses Crunch.

Targets should be highlighted in my previous post. Other targets include Garchomp, Salamence, Mienshao, and Charizard.
Intriguing. It seems that both possess merit indeed, provided that Charizard X is used enough to merit running it over Adamant. Charizard Y has the chance to be dispatched in two +2 Bullet Punches sans SR, and sure as hell can't switch in to a CC + BP, but we'll definitely see.
Salamence and Garchomp are certainly valid, though maybe less so due to the rise of faeries, but that doesn't make them not potent and definite threats to look out for. That said, 4/0 Garchomp will always live a Jolly CC from a +0 MegaLuke sans SR, and will live 2/3 of the time with it, whereas Adamant OHKOs about half the time sans SR, and a bit more than 80% of the time with it... Though you could, of course, just Bullet Punch - the two hits'll make you lose a quarter of your health in total, though.

Mienshao? C'mon. Unless I'm missing something, Mienshao is definitely a threat, especially in UU, but... You don't really see it in OU, and you'll probably see even less of it due to its two main weapons - High Jump Kick and U-Turn - both having been simultaneously nerfed due to the faerie type, as well as the second-hand effect of encouraging the usage of Poison types.

That said, Jolly's probably generally better, but extra damage can, of course, be useful. Whatever your team looks like, I guess?

I have a Modest Lucario that I've used throughout the game and has max EV's in spatk and spd. I have a sentimental attachment to this as it's helped in a lot of battles can some one help make a good online moveset and team to support it? right now it knows aura sphere, dark pulse, flash cannon and dragon pulse and holds the lucarionite, any help would be greatly appreciated

Hmm been thinking about a mixed Lucario set.

Hasty/Naive
Lucarionite
EV's:
-252 Spe
-152 Atk
-104 Sp Atk

Moves:
- Bullet Punch
- Vacuum Wave
- Aura Sphere/Focus Blast/Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse
- Close Combat/Shadow Claw

Obviously you'd have to tailor the moveset around what the rest of your team doesn't cover however with the given EV's MegaCario is still hitting harder than his regular Adamant self and a little bit under his Modest self while capitalising on his Mega form's speed. Two different priority moves that are boosted with Adaptability to handle various physical or special walls quickly or to nab a revenge KO on a faster foe. Then the last 2 moves are your utility moves. Example Focus Blast and Close Combat will still hit for big damage, more than regular 'cario was dealing and then a priority move can pick away any remaining health. Whereas Dark Pulse Shadow Claw or Shadow Ball can handle ever creeping threat of Aegislash and other checks like Jellicent or Gengar (who 'cario can now outpace with the given natures)

EV's can be altered to benefit either Atk or Sp Atk depending on what the team needs more of, these were just ones I was playing with since I'm not 100% on damage calcs etc yet.

Thoughts and improvements welcome :3

Hmm been thinking about a mixed Lucario set.

Hasty/Naive
Lucarionite
EV's:
-252 Spe
-152 Atk
-104 Sp Atk

Moves:
- Bullet Punch
- Vacuum Wave
- Aura Sphere/Focus Blast/Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse
- Close Combat/Shadow Claw

Obviously you'd have to tailor the moveset around what the rest of your team doesn't cover however with the given EV's MegaCario is still hitting harder than his regular Adamant self and a little bit under his Modest self while capitalising on his Mega form's speed. Two different priority moves that are boosted with Adaptability to handle various physical or special walls quickly or to nab a revenge KO on a faster foe. Then the last 2 moves are your utility moves. Example Focus Blast and Close Combat will still hit for big damage, more than regular 'cario was dealing and then a priority move can pick away any remaining health. Whereas Dark Pulse Shadow Claw or Shadow Ball can handle ever creeping threat of Aegislash and other checks like Jellicent or Gengar (who 'cario can now outpace with the given natures)

EV's can be altered to benefit either Atk or Sp Atk depending on what the team needs more of, these were just ones I was playing with since I'm not 100% on damage calcs etc yet.

Thoughts and improvements welcome :3
Well i don't think that this set can have a lot of succes besides the surprise factor... Aura Sphere is totally outclassed by CC and Focus Blast is absolutely unreliable so we can actually get those two out of the moveset. Then looking at Dark Pulse, we can see that Crunch have the same power and can be boosted by SD and also can hit for a little bit more damage being physical. Right, Shadow Ball has neutral coverage vs Fairy type, but at the same time Bullet Punch is SE and is boosted by adaptability. So, every single special attack it's outclassed by a physical attack.

of course it's going to be hitting harder some Physical Walls like Slowbro, but who cares when you can even 2HKO Slowbro with +2 Crunch?

And finally some people forgot about one of the most annoying things for Luke in GEN V which is Gliscor... That's why some people can try using Ice Punch instead of Crunch. For those than don't remember i think that Gliscor it's way more used than psychic walls or tanks (specifically Slowbro) maybe with the exception of Reuniclus (since Celebi it's also getting SE damage from Ice Punch)...

I was just wondering, where do you teach Lucario Ice Punch in gen 6? Also, is Posion Jab a viable move for Lucario? 80BP that can take care of fairy types is pretty good.

Assuming +2 and Jolly with SR on field and opposing mon's item not taken into account, these are the things you cannot beat 1 on 1 excluding current ubers. 2 turn kills leave you crippled either way.

Set is assuming CC, BP, and SD. If a coverage move makes the difference, the move that beats it will be listed.

Lando-T (Ice punch)
Gliscor (Ice Punch)
Celebi min 252 HP EVs (Ice Punch + Crunch)
Jellicent (Crunch)
Chandelure (Crunch)
Reuniclus (Crunch)
Talonflame (ExSpeed)
Greninja (ExSpeed)
Starmie (ExSpeed)
Wobbuffet
Mew (2 turn crunch)
Cofag (2 turn crunch)
Slowbro (2 turn crunch)
Hawlucha comes down to roll on BP.
Noivern comes down to roll on BP.
Breloom comes down to roll on BP.

Obviously if they have a choice scarf and resist bullet punch things will change and ExSpeed may do the job, but usually only after some prior damage like in Keldeo's case.

If running Ice Punch SD Acro Scizor is a good partner, if running Crunch Automotize Mixed Aegislash with HP ice will lure in Gliscor and Lando-T quite handily. If running Exspeed, SD Acro scizor is a must.

Edit: Oops forgot about Aegislash lol, guess it really is 50/50 over Crunch and Ice punch in that case. You still lose 1v1 to it though.

Given the decline that Jellicent will likely see and the likely proliferation of Lando-T/Possibly Gliscor due to Aegislash, Ice Punch will be the best coverage move overall but slightly risky as scarfed Lando-T will destroy you 1v1; scout it out first. Extremespeed is definitely not worth running since Starmie/Greninja/Talonflame will do good jobs of killing themselves on hazards and probably LO recoil.

SR support is mandatory to not lose to a heap more pokes, especially since Jolly lacks some punch. Notably Bullet Punch can get around Talonflame after SR ~50% of the time and makes SR not neccessary for things like MegaGengar (although you would outspeed before MEVo with jolly anyways). IMO Jolly >>>>>> Adamant.

Last edited:
It might work, but IMO you're better off with SD. Firstly, there's the obvious fact that SD is basically = 2 P-U punches. Secondly, having no way to boost if a Ghost switches in kinda sux. Finally, I dont think Luke is gonna accomplish much by firing off a 80 BP move, you can just SD and steamroll over everything with a +2 CC. Don't be afraid to try it though, this is total theorymon.
I see your point, but if your running Mega Lucario for adaptability, he gets a boost just from that anyway, hitting a power up punch on something worth hitting with it means a really good attack right there, your gonna give people hard times. Also a good plan to pack these moves if your running Mega

Close Combat
Bullet Punch
Power Up Punch
Earthquake

Clean up what you know is gonna cause you problems, power up as you need.
Its as powerful as the bullet punch.

Going a bit off kilter here, but trying to get bp and crunch through smeargle breeding. Which wild pokemon in x and y knows this so i can get my smeargle to sketch them?

Don't know about anything in the wild. The way I got Bullet Punch onto my Smeargle was by grabbing a Metang from the Friend Safari, leveling it up until it learned Bullet Punch, then taking it and Smeargle into a double battle at Restaurant le Nah. Crunch is obviously more widespread, but the above strategy is probably the easiest way for that move, as well.

...This was extremely tedious, but I was able to get bp by fighting wikstrom's scizor.... it's one way, but u gotta make sure smeargle can tank bp... Yea, no friend safari that gives metang...

The problem with Lucario, right now at least, is that it cannot use Ice Punch. Therefore, he has specific counters that he can do nothing against until December 25th.

MegaLucario is looking like one of the best Mega's at this point in time in terms of the improvements it receives.

Curious, can't Lucario get Ice Punch from Hitmonchan? Or is that just Bullet Punch right now?

Offtopic: If somebody is still breeding these with Bullet Punch/Crunch, I'd love to get my hands on one, if you can message me and we can figure out a trade for one.

Does anybody have the calcs for how much Choice Band Infernape's Mach Punch does to Mega Lucario? I'm curious because the monkey resists Bullet Punch, and Mega Lucario won't often run Extreme Speed.

How would one go about breeding ice and/or bullet punch on this mon in x and y?
There are several Pokemon that Lucario can breed with to gets those move individually, (Particularly Hitmonchan) but if you want to have a Lucario with Crunch as well, just Sketch it onto a Smeargle.

This is just my opinion, but as a standalone sweeper without team support the best set is definitely the NP set.

Now don't get me wrong it isn't near as powerful as the physical set, however the difference is that there are no true counters (outside maybe Assault vest Drapion) to the special set while many exist for the physical set. Running the physical set means you are hurting for a coverage move, while the special set neutrally or better hits everything with Aura/Flash/Shadow.

The special set also has the benefit of not needing to CC things thus dropping its defences so it has better longevity.

LO Lucario might just be a better standalone physical sweeper due to a more powerful extremespeed.

When using the standard Mega Lucario sd set, which team members would come to mind? Right now i have Greninja as a spikes support with U-turn, Landorus-T for hazards and some bulkyness (most likely gliscor until pokebank opens) and a Gengar, cause gengar and spinblocking. (mostly needing some walls).

Mega Lucario will destroy the metagame if you predict correctly and use it late game.

This is just my opinion, but as a standalone sweeper without team support the best set is definitely the NP set.

Now don't get me wrong it isn't near as powerful as the physical set, however the difference is that there are no true counters (outside maybe Assault vest Drapion) to the special set while many exist for the physical set. Running the physical set means you are hurting for a coverage move, while the special set neutrally or better hits everything with Aura/Flash/Shadow.

The special set also has the benefit of not needing to CC things thus dropping its defences so it has better longevity.

LO Lucario might just be a better standalone physical sweeper due to a more powerful extremespeed.
Isn't it better to run Vacuum Wave/Aura Sphere/Shadow Ball ? I know that having that Flash Cannon for Fairies is always nice to have, although +2 Shadow Ball should hurt like hell anyway and 80 BP (with Adaptability) Vacuum Wave is good priority to have so those random Scarfers don't screw you up. And with Ghost/Fighting you have 100% coverage secured anyway.

Unless it's illegal to run Vacuum Wave + Nasty Plot together.

Last edited:
Isn't it better to run Vacuum Wave/Aura Sphere/Shadow Ball ? I know that having that Flash Cannon for Fairies is always nice to have, although +2 Shadow Ball should hurt like hell anyway and 80 BP (with Adaptability) Vacuum Wave is good priority to have so those random Scarfers don't screw you up. And with Ghost/Fighting you have 100% coverage secured anyway.

I don't see why it would be. Vacuum Wave is an egg move, but Calm Mind is a level up move and unless it changed this Gen, a TM move.

Actually it wasn't illegal in GEN V (I remember using it with Dark Pulse and HP Ice and a lot of times i got some fun destroying Gliscor xD), so it shouldn't be illegal here... you just need a Tyrogue from Friend Safari, then evolve it into Hitmonchan and use a Heart Scale to make it remember Vacuum wave... And then let Riolu learn Nasty Plot at lvl 47... Even if you just use GTS, you can find a Lvl 26 Hitmonchan so you shouldn't be needing the heart scale xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)