Smogon Fantasy Football: 2013-2014 Season

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Amazingly I can come out of this week 3-3 if Jerome Simpson scores more than 6 points. It appears that in most of my leagues my opponent also had a crappy (or even crappier) week than I did. Seems like it was a pretty bad week all around?

It'll be just a shit time if I lose in another shootout in League D. nb4 Walsh gets 7 points and I'm on suicide watch

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
just hope MIN scores all TDs* and doesn't attempt any FGs!

* - except to Kyle Rudolph

Last edited:
Curious, what made you start F-Jax over Foster?
Looking through weekly numbers, Jackson has put up a solid 10-15 points consistently. Also, I'd be starting Foster against my own defense, so I'd be torn between wanting scores or not. The KC Defense didn't end up great, but I didn't have to worry either way.

This week has been pretty awesome for me overall! I might win, assuming AP won't put up 36. That would leave me at the quite bad record of 2-5. And after some trading shenanigans last night I have 3 TEs: Jason Witten, Jordan Cameron, Jimmy Graham.

It sucks when you are rooting for peyton to break the single season td record and you're going against him in FF. im down 9 with Jacobs as the last player. Peyton dropped 31 on me :(

i just realized the vikings are even more awful than the giants and i wont be getting those needed points from blair

edit: fuck

Last edited:

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
So Peyton Hillis outscored Victor Cruz and Blair Walsh, allowing me to win my matchup by 2 points.

Sums up the Giants and Vikings pretty well.

still have the most points scored overall in League D but 3-4

god this is literally the worst aspect of H2H fantasy football

From reading this last page Im really surprised people actually start Minnesota players that arent named Adrian Peterson.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I'm so fucked I can't even be mad about it.

Matt Ryan -- lolreceivingcorps
Reggie Wayne -- lolacl
Danny Amendola -- ...yeah
Trent Richardson -- ...has still scored below his projection in every game this season.

Brian Hartline is my WR1 going into next week, barring waiver pickups. Matt Forte is pretty much my entire team right now. I guess Seattle defense counts for something, still.

right wins, depending on the team.

if MJD is just going to be riding on the other team's bench (as is likely, considering he sux) then this trade is a complete waste of time for team A. Garcon is a top 10 WR, or at least pretty close, and I wouldn't buy into the Douglas hype until Roddy White comes back (he still has the potential to be decent to pretty good, but not as good as Garcon). If team A has Ray Rice and no real RB2 starting every week, I'd probably make the trade, but starting MJD every week is pretty risky in itself.

Reggie Wayne -- lolacl
Trent Richardson -- ...has still scored below his projection in every game this season.

Brian Hartline is my WR1 going into next week, barring waiver pickups. Matt Forte is pretty much my entire team right now. I guess Seattle defense counts for something, still.
In my money league my opponent started cutler over ryan. I couldnt understand why until i read this. Receivers matter little unless a team is playing a really weak/strong front seven. Matt ryans stats will only go down when he faces a team that shuts down the short passes. Then it would be hard for backups to consistently beat defenses down the field. Consistently enough to put up 300 yd games at least.

Anyway, he got -1 from cutler and passed on 29 from ryan.

In my money league my opponent started cutler over ryan. I couldnt understand why until i read this. Receivers matter little unless a team is playing a really weak/strong front seven. Matt ryans stats will only go down when he faces a team that shuts down the short passes. Then it would be hard for backups to consistently beat defenses down the field. Consistently enough to put up 300 yd games at least.

Anyway, he got -1 from cutler and passed on 29 from ryan.
I would have started Cutler over Ryan too. Cutler was facing arguably the worst defense in the league with Marshall, Bennett, Jeffrey, and Forte. I would have needed to see how well Ryan would play with his new receivers.

Reggie Wayne -- lolacl

Ryan will still be a QB1 in fantasy. Since the Falcons have no run game they will still be forced to throw a lot.

you just won MrE why are you complaining?

Needed 6 pts from Jerome Simpson. Got 5. :(
Ouch. He dropped an easy 30 yard TD. Was he the best you could find on the waiver wire?

Team DeMarco Polo is killing it in league D ._. i have no idea what WRs to start every week, same with my 3 RBs. Anyone wana make a trade PM me.

I'm pretty much in the opposite situation. My money league has only 4 bench spots, so there's a ton of talent riding the waiver wire. This week, I can (probably) get one of the following:

Chris Ivory (might become the feature back)
Mike James (if Doug Martin is put on IR)
Ben Tate (hamstrings are dangerous, Foster could reinjure it any game this season)
Jordan Reed (has looked fantastic, I've had my eye on him for a while in deeper leagues)
Harry Douglas (he'll still put up numbers as the #3 target)
Jarrett Boykin (new #3 in Green Bay, looked alright last week)
Darrius Heyward-Bay (new #2 in Indi)
almost literally everyone else you could think of that's on your waiver wire

I'll be dropping Eli Manning for one of them (bye week QB). I'm rather thin at RB2 (Charles, Bell, and MJD), but could also use a weekly WR/TE flex starter (currently bouncing between Jordan Cameron, Marques Colston, and Greg Jennings is on the bench). Any advice? I really really like Reed, and his playoff schedule (weeks 15-17, Atlanta/Dallas/NYG) is fantastic. Thinking Reed > Ivory > Douglas > DHB at this point, but I might take a gamble on Tate or grab two of them in place of Jennings.

6-1 despite losing Randall Cobb and Owen Daniels to season-ending injuries two weeks in a row lolol

Honestly though I really hope Matt Ryan can find a way to put up numbers without Julio and Roddy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)