Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer - Pokemon Showdown! Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
as sarcastic as that comment was, it wasnt very helpful. All the internet results confuse me as well as i only want to open port forward for pokemon showdown (if it's possible).
Try to be more helpful and less sarcastic next time mate ^_^
You misunderstand, if what google is telling you is confusing you, then perhaps it is not a good idea for you to have a server available to the public...

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
all you need to do is open tcp port 8000 (or whatever port above 1024 you want to use). google can probably help for that (maybe try looking for how to port forward for making a minecraft server -- there might be more results)

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
all you need to do is open tcp port 8000 (or whatever port above 1024 you want to use). google can probably help for that (maybe try looking for how to port forward for making a minecraft server -- there might be more results)
Ok that is good advice, thanks, I'll try that.

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ok, I am completely lost with this whole thingy. I am trying to set up a server and am completely failing at it. Could someone please PM me and help me? I have downloaded node.js and the Files and have tried to follow Zarel's guide like five times and I still don't get it. Please help? This is what happens every time:
Ryans-MacBook-Air:~ Ryan7437$ cd "C:\Users\*my name*\Downloads\Pokemon-Showdown\"
> npm install
> cd "C:\Users\*my name\Downloads\Pokemon-Showdown\"
npm install
-bash: cd: C:\Users\*my name*\Downloads\Pokemon-Showdown"
npm install
cd C:Users*name*: No such file or directory
npm ERR! install Couldn't read dependencies
npm ERR! Error: ENOENT, open '/Users/*name*/package.json'
npm ERR! If you need help, you may report this log at:
npm ERR! <http://github.com/isaacs/npm/issues>
npm ERR! or email it to:
npm ERR! <npm-@googlegroups.com>

npm ERR! System Darwin 11.4.2
npm ERR! command "node" "/usr/local/bin/npm" "install"
npm ERR! cwd /Users/*name*
npm ERR! node -v v0.10.20
npm ERR! npm -v 1.3.11
npm ERR! path /Users/Ryan7437/package.json
npm ERR! code ENOENT
npm ERR! errno 34
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Additional logging details can be found in:
npm ERR! /Users/*name*/npm-debug.log
npm ERR! not ok code 0
*name*-MacBook-Air:~ *name*$
it's

> $ cd ~/Downloads/Pokemon-Showdown
> $ npm install
> $ node app.js

When will fairy togekiss be implemented?
our beloved programmers are taking care of implementing thingsin the game for us, and there are lots of new changes and pokémon, and there isn't a priority pokémon they want to implement, so it's kind of hard to tell exactly when. I think in a month or less everything will be at least "normal", with some bugs and wrong things but we just have to be patient.

I apologize if I posted this in the wrong section but I was directed here. My friends and I all haven't been able to play showdown. We could enter the servers but that is all. The only feature this available is watching the games but I cannot participate in chat or battles myself. It would always ask to Choose a Name and when I enter mine I get the message "The login server is experiencing trouble; please try again later." Does anyone know what is going on?

Hmmm, after 3 days I can finally log in all of a sudden. Does that mean the problem has been fixed? or does it just randomly block access to users?

I'm not 100% on the rules about bumping a post, but i am yet to receive any useful feedback. I do not mean to be a pest, but some information would be really helpful. Thanks

Why is it not possible for me to select Dream World abilities on my pokemon? (e.g. I can't use Tinted Lens on my Butterfree.)

Last edited:
I apologize if I posted this in the wrong section but I was directed here. My friends and I all haven't been able to play showdown. We could enter the servers but that is all. The only feature this available is watching the games but I cannot participate in chat or battles myself. It would always ask to Choose a Name and when I enter mine I get the message "The login server is experiencing trouble; please try again later." Does anyone know what is going on?
basically, the login server is experiencing trouble
i know it sounds useless, but that's what's going on, and you can only wait for them to fix it

i find that when that happens, if i wait 10 minutes or so it will be working; it's kind of an on/off thing

I cannot use gen6 Pokémon on Showdown for some reason. I know that it is possible since I have seen recorded battles of others doing it. What gives? Do I just need to download it again for an update or something?

Im not sure if this is the forum to be posting this and if its not would somebody please direct me to where I need to go. But would it be possible for showdown to implement an away message while you have the game open and are not currently active? I get so many messages and challenges a day and if Im not there to tell the people that Im away I feel rather rude. Any help would be appreciated.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
What exactly is up with the new OU PokeBank banlist? Why is Kyurem and Kyurem-B currently only Uber? Why was Blaziken banned shortly after a few days of release? Just a little confusing that's all.

Has Nintendo released the "mini" sprites for new Pokemon yet? If so will these be implemented into Showdown in the near future. If not, will the art team here be making some? It is so hard to see what Pokemon your opponent still has without highlighting them or memorising what you've taken out.

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Why is Mega-Blaziken banned on the Pokebank ladder? First off, we should be able to test this new mega-pokemon, secondly if the reason he's banned is because he was uber last gen then please ban Genesec, Landorus-i, thundurus-i, Shaymin-s, and Excadrill from the ladder as well.

~Dosen't make any sense we can't test a -new- 6th gen pokemon but can use other past ubers.

Why is Mega-Blaziken banned on the Pokebank ladder? First off, we should be able to test this new mega-pokemon, secondly if the reason he's banned is because he was uber last gen then please ban Genesec, Landorus-i, thundurus-i, Shaymin-s, and Excadrill from the ladder as well.

~Dosen't make any sense we can't test a -new- 6th gen pokemon but can use other past ubers.
Are you using normal Blaziken with Blazikenite? If you aren't then that explains why you are getting a banned message for it.

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Are you using normal Blaziken with Blazikenite? If you aren't then that explains why you are getting a banned message for it.
"Your team was rejected for the following reasons: - Blaziken is in Uber, which is banned." I'm using regular Blaziken with a Blazikenite.

Blaziken has been banned on the OU ladder, I'm not really sure why because a number of other past uber Pokemon are legal. Pokemon like Excadrill and Genesect are currently legal and I can't find out why Blaziken isn't other than its "considered more powerful." I've been told that it was legal for two days at which point it was banned because it was "too good" but I'm wondering who made that decision and why. I'm wondering because this is the time that we should be trying all the new Pokemon and for Blaziken to be banned simply "because" is not right and goes against a lot of what Smogon does with its suspect tests. If Blaziken was banned due to intervention from the OU Council then that'd be another matter but at the moment no ones been able to tell me why it was banned other than "everyone was using it" and "it was obviously broken." I think its an ugly precedent for PS to make. They either need to be consistent and ban all Pokemon who were Uber at the end of 5th Gen or introduce them all. Especially a Pokemon who was as radically affected by 6th Gen as Blaziken.

Is pokebank(ou) a gen 6 beta? I tried using mega charizard x on it and it said my team was banned because it can't have tough claws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)