Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I know, Hidden Abilities are only available in BW2. However, someone had mentioned on these forums that there is an alternative way of unlocking Hidden Abilities in Pokemon X/Y: is this true and how?

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
As far as I know, Hidden Abilities are only available in BW2. However, someone had mentioned on these forums that there is an alternative way of unlocking Hidden Abilities in Pokemon X/Y: is this true and how?
in the friend safari post game, you can unlock the hidden abilities of the pokemon you find in a specific friend's safari if they have beaten the game and you are both online at the same time (for the first time). after the first time you go into their safari while you're both online, you don't have to be online to find hidden abilities.

In the story, if I kill Xerneas/Yveltal I have to battle it again and am forced to catch it. If I kill it then save, can I still soft reset for IVs or are the IVs nad nature now locked?

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
How do you get Serena to battle you in Kiloude City?? Apparently you have to battle her one last time before Professor Sycamore upgrades the mega ring to help you find the other stones (whatever they're called) to get the other megas.

Can Mandibuzz learn Foul Play in X/Y?
As far as I know, no one's been able to get a Mandibuzz in game yet, so we have no idea what moves it can learn. Although, Serebii does say that you can get it through Friend Safari, so maybe someone has foun
In the story, if I kill Xerneas/Yveltal I have to battle it again and am forced to catch it. If I kill it then save, can I still soft reset for IVs or are the IVs nad nature now locked?
You can knock it out first to make soft resetting easier. Each time you enter the battle with it, it recalculates its IVs and Nature, so you don't have to sit through that cutscene to reset for it.

Which natures are worth getting on Synchronize Ralts (for SRing legendaries and forcing natures onto Safari 'mons)

Adamant / Jolly
Modest / Timid

I know those 4 are pretty standard, but what else?

Both an answer and a question for you guys.

Which natures are worth getting on Synchronize Ralts (for SRing legendaries and forcing natures onto Safari 'mons)

Adamant / Jolly
Modest / Timid

It really all depends on the pokemon you're trying to get. There are a lot of pokemon that use the natures you mention, but if you're looking for a defensive pokemon natures like Bold, Impish, Calm, and Sassy all come to mind. Here's a list of Natures and what they do. Make use of it and come up with ideas for what you think your pokemon should have: http://www.serebii.net/games/natures.shtml

Also, to avoid double posting, here's my question. Do we know if there's any way to guarantee a bag be rewarded in Super Training? I really need to reset the EV's on a Hitmonchan. And also, has it been known that pokemon in the Friend Safari and elsewhere can come up with more than just 2 perfect IVs? I think I found a quad flawless Tyrogue and I'd like to know if it was a fluke or something I should aim for in the future.

What are the chances of Excadrill being OU in XY, I personally don't think a ban is neccesary on him anymore and most seem to agree.
In addition, will Mold Breaker Excadrill be any good? Asking because I have a well-bred 5IV one now I'd like to use over Sand Rush if it's viable.

Adamant / Jolly
Modest / Timid

Every Nature except for the neutral Natures (Hardy, etc.) and Lax and Gentle are useful for something. Hasty, Naive, Rash, Mild, Lonely, and Naughty are good for mixed attackers (which all of the revealed Legends so far seem to be able to do) and Bold, Calm, Impish, and Careful are useful if you want the Pokemon to be defensive.

How do I get stealth rock and/or spikes on skarmory in xy?
Spikes are a level up move. In B/W he learned it at level 28. As far as stealth rock, it's no longer a TM so I'm not 100% on how it can be learned outside of transferring a banked mon in December. Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong though.

How do I get stealth rock and/or spikes on skarmory in xy?
Skarmory learns Spikes at Lv. 28. Stealth Rock is likely an Egg move for it, as it was one in Gen 5, but the only things that could get it and breed with it learned Stealth Rock from the move tutor in BW2. You probably can't actually get SR on it until Pokemon Bank comes out in December.

Just so I know, is there any way of getting heat wave to Chatot in this gen? I'm not thinking of using it competitively but I want to mess with people haha.

Any breeding methods of getting chatot heat wave?

Both an answer and a question for you guys.

Also, to avoid double posting, here's my question. Do we know if there's any way to guarantee a bag be rewarded in Super Training? I really need to reset the EV's on a Hitmonchan. And also, has it been known that pokemon in the Friend Safari and elsewhere can come up with more than just 2 perfect IVs? I think I found a quad flawless Tyrogue and I'd like to know if it was a fluke or something I should aim for in the future.
If u need a reset bag, just punch (tap the screen) the default black punching bag in the super training screen. After a few taps, the game will give u a bag. Keep repeating til u get the reset bag (It's not that hard, don't worry)

Now my question: If the pokemon that appear in the safari are the same type that appear under your friend's name (I assume they are the same type, correct me if I'm wrong), can you just delete the friend and re invite him to change the type or it will stay the same? For example, let's say my friend's type in the safari is water, but I want electric. If I delete my friend and then re invite him, his type will be different?

Im finishing up the game, and I have two questions:

1) is it absolutely, positively confirmed that even if you kill it the first time, IVs will reset when you try again later on? Also, is there a number of times you need to knock it out? I knocked it out once before, and it just kept looking at me and wanting to capture it.

2) i'm setting up my first official team, and I've started with offensive MegaLuke and either cleric wall, paraflinch, or bulky attacking togekiss (which would be better to work with Luke?). Anyways, what other pokemon would presumably be good to pair along? I know this question is premature due to the still-in-progress Gen VI metagame, but I just need some suggestions, that's all.

Thanks for any replies! :D

If u need a reset bag, just punch (tap the screen) the default black punching bag in the super training screen. After a few taps, the game will give u a bag. Keep repeating til u get the reset bag (It's not that hard, don't worry)
It can't be this simple. I've spend well over an hour hitting bags, discarding bags and such. I've had multiples of every single kind of bag except this "reset" one.

Just caught a Protean Frogadier (M) with 31 hp, 31 def, 31 sp atk.
if i farm frogadiers at safari until i find one with 31 sp def and 31 spe (with a Timid synchronizer) and then give one a destiny knot and the timid one everstone, can i then expect a 31/x/31/31/31/31 protean froakie pretty easily or is it not so fast?

Im finishing up the game, and I have two questions:

1) is it absolutely, positively confirmed that even if you kill it the first time, IVs will reset when you try again later on? Also, is there a number of times you need to knock it out? I knocked it out once before, and it just kept looking at me and wanting to capture it.

2) i'm setting up my first official team, and I've started with offensive MegaLuke and either cleric wall, paraflinch, or bulky attacking togekiss (which would be better to work with Luke?). Anyways, what other pokemon would presumably be good to pair along? I know this question is premature due to the still-in-progress Gen VI metagame, but I just need some suggestions, that's all.

Thanks for any replies! :D
In my experience with Lucario in Gen 5, he cleans up REALLY well on a damaged team. So if i had a choice i'd go with the paraflinch Togekiss. Status is appreciated and SD/Extremespeed Mega Lucario....well he didn't even need a stone to be a beast in gen 5 so just imagine. I'd suggest something with entry hazards also to make it easier on yourself, i'd suggest some but i'm still trying to find a stealth rock setter on my team that fits well and i'm drawing blanks so i won't

And also, has it been known that pokemon in the Friend Safari and elsewhere can come up with more than just 2 perfect IVs? I think I found a quad flawless Tyrogue and I'd like to know if it was a fluke or something I should aim for in the future.
Only 2 perfects are guaranteed, but other stats can still be perfect. I caught a non-safari Snubbull with 2 perfects, even though it wasn't guaranteed. You got lucky!

Now my question: If the pokemon that appear in the safari are the same type that appear under your friend's name (I assume they are the same type, correct me if I'm wrong), can you just delete the friend and re invite him to change the type or it will stay the same? For example, let's say my friend's type in the safari is water, but I want electric. If I delete my friend and then re invite him, his type will be different?
No it won't. The type and Pokemon are determined by the friend code. Everyone that adds me will find Ariados, Kakuna, and Muk in my safari (ew). Your friend would have to reformat their 3DS to change type.

Just caught a Protean Frogadier (M) with 31 hp, 31 def, 31 sp atk.
if i farm frogadiers at safari until i find one with 31 sp def and 31 spe (with a Timid synchronizer) and then give one a destiny knot and the timid one everstone, can i then expect a 31/x/31/31/31/31 protean froakie pretty easily or is it not so fast?
It is very fast! Just replace the parents when you get superior babies. If you get a 3 or 4-perfect female (and 3/4 perfects happens very frequently) then you could replace the mother with that.

I'm not certain, but from my experience breeding, I think it's easier to get Protean Froakie if you breed the Frogadier to Ditto first. Maybe that's because the mother has an 80% chance of passing her own ability, which decreases the chance of getting Protean? I bred about 15 eggs Fletchling/Fletchling and none had Gale Wing, but when I switched to Ditto, 2 out of maybe 5/6 had Gale Wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)