Data Updated Base Stats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stoutland's increase is no joke, either.
Maybe so, but the dog no longer has eternal sand to work with. Still, STAB Return, as well as Superpower, Crunch and Wild Charge, will be hitting harder than ever thanks to the buff.

Maybe so, but the dog no longer has eternal sand to work with. Still, STAB Return, as well as Superpower, Crunch and Wild Charge, will be hitting harder than ever thanks to the buff.
He also has intimidate and a respectable bulk.

It should also be mentioned that Granbull's fairy typing and Kangashkan's mega evolution might help them jump a tier or two, which would eliminate two of Stoutland's NU competition.

Although I have no idea how mega evolution will work when it comes to tiers.

It should also be mentioned that Granbull's fairy typing and Kangashkan's mega evolution might help them jump a tier or two, which would eliminate two of Stoutland's NU competition.

Things like Mega Blaziken are instantly Uber, that's for sure. Mega Gengar and Mega Lucario are being considered for OU. This thread is for the altered Base Stats of old Pokemon though. Back on topic, anybody think that Poliwrath will finally have some offensive capability, as weak as Base 95 Attack is? I'm thinking up a set of maybe Bulk Up, Waterfall, Ice Punch, and either Poison Jab or a Fighting-type STAB. (Brick Break and Submission are weak, while Dynamic Punch is inaccurate) Maybe an EV Spread of 252 Attack, 252 HP, and 4 Speed with an Adamant nature.

Anyone thinking Nidoking 's attack boost was nothing haven't considered Ground/Poison's offensive coverage in the new metagame and Gunk Shot's accuracy buff. 120 bp move, STAB, sheer force boost, life orb boost, and now off 102 base attack? That's not something you want to hit you, even for neutral damage. I doubt it will take over, but it at least gives him some more options. You'll have to tread carefully if you don't know which set they're running.

Anyone thinking Nidoking 's attack boost was nothing haven't considered Ground/Poison's offensive coverage in the new metagame and Gunk Shot's accuracy buff. 120 bp move, STAB, sheer force boost, life orb boost, and now off 102 base attack? That's not something you want to hit you, even for neutral damage. I doubt it will take over, but it at least gives him some more options. You'll have to tread carefully if you don't know which set they're running.
Nidoking does not get Gunk shot.

I am happy about Pidgeot getting that speed boost to 101 base speed, it finally gives peopel a reason to use him over the other normal/flying types when you combine that with his slightly better bulk than them.

With his stat spread, Pidgeot could reallllly go for some more support moves. He won't be sweeping anything anytime soon, and bulk and speed scream support.

I'm very happy for Raichu and Golem but once again my boy Primeape gets the shaft. I talked to Serebii and he says Primeape gets nothing as far as stat changes...I hope that was just an over sight but I know it's not... :(

Hmm... nice to see Bellossom getting a boost in it's Defense, seeing as it make it a decent bulky Grass-type in NU, but it's defensive typing sucks, since it can't absorb Toxic Spikes or resist Fairies. I don't see it leaving NU anytime soon, unlike Vileplume, who gets a great Special Attack stat coupled with Dazzling Gleam to smack Dragons. I can see a full Choice Specs set for Vileplume consisting of Giga Drain/Energy Ball, Sludge Bomb, Dazzling Gleam, and Hidden Power Rock.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I think mothims attack stat might have been boosted since all the calculators keeps saying its attack is put in wrong. prob want to go check that out.

edit: my mothim is at lv 41 with 90 atk with no evs, unknown ivs (due to calculators being unable to calc it), and a neutral nature (for atk). try it out to see if it really has a stat boost.

Last edited:

There's still Tauros, which outclasses sandless Stoutland in pretty much every way. I honestly can't see it ever having a use other than Sand Rush. However, there is always a small chance Hippo might drop to UU with the weather nerf, which would be fantastic for Stoutland, although it was and still is good enough to be OU.

Dudes, I think the stat increases are irrelevant, since nearly everyone is getting a boost, it won't make much of a difference at all Imo.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Dudes, I think the stat increases are irrelevant, since nearly everyone is getting a boost, it won't make much of a difference at all Imo.
irrevelant or not, its still good to know all the differences between gens no matter how pointless the boost was. (im looking at you +10 on azumarils sp atk >.> )

The defensive boosts are quite relevant, actually. +10 in a base stat can go a long way taking stray neutral hits.

Nearly everyone? I don't think it will be nowhere near that, we have 600+ mons, only a select few are getting those boosts, and some are getting in a stat that won't make much of a difference, while others are getting it right where they need.

I think Pidgeot could be actually functional now, it's fast, has feather dance and roost, can learn defog via egg...

Only a couple of these are really THAT notable like Clefable, Scolipede, and maybe Nidoking. If it's true Nidoking doesn't get Gunk Shot that's pretty lame! I love the Poliwrath boost for sure too. Some of these will make cool impacts in the lower tiers too.

Pidgeot, oh Pidgeot. In my opinion, they should've just raised its attack 10 points and just gave it Gale Force. Would make perfect sense in every single way! Raichu actually has awesome speed now though, I love that.

Pidgeot, oh Pidgeot. In my opinion, they should've just raised its attack 10 points and just gave it Gale Force. Would make perfect sense in every single way! Raichu actually has awesome speed now though, I love that.
Honestly, at this point they should just shave off 30 of his atk points and re-invest them in his sp. atk because his physical movepool is one of the saddest things in the game. Aren't his gusts of wind supposed to bend trees? Not with 70 sp.atk he's not.

Dunno, GF doesn't know what to do with the bird. He's one of the only defensively capable Flying/Normal types so you might as well solidify him as a fast wall instead of giving him little hints of defense like Big Pecks (Which sucks.) Give it an ability similar to Fur Coat or something and make up your mind GF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)