Pokémon Tyrantrum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get an Arbok. Heart Scale the fangs onto it. breed.
Hahaha that's much faster than what I had in mind:

Breed an excellent Gyarados (I always wanted one), breed an excellent Charizard (X, yo), both of them Dragon Dancers and one gets Ice Fang while the other gets Fire Fang, then breed one with a female Tyrunt and breed the new female Tyrunt with the other one XD

Long-ass process but you get Gyara + Char + Tyrannosaurus Sex

I've been playing around with a Rock Polish lure set designed to coax various SE priority users to come in and try to kill it while it survives, grabs a weakness policy boost and rips through.

I've been using it to try and pave the way for something like Scarf Terrak to come in and finish out late game.

Hahaha that's much faster than what I had in mind:

Breed an excellent Gyarados (I always wanted one), breed an excellent Charizard (X, yo), both of them Dragon Dancers and one gets Ice Fang while the other gets Fire Fang, then breed one with a female Tyrunt and breed the new female Tyrunt with the other one XD

Long-ass process but you get Gyara + Char + Tyrannosaurus Sex
I think you can get all those moves from TTar as well

Hmmm, man I am torn. on what set to run with my Tyrantrum. The Poison Fang, Earthquake, Ice Fang, Fire Fang with Assault vest or Dragon Dance, Earthquake, Ice Fang, Fire Fang with Saftey Googles.

I like the DD one... but it's going to be quite awhile till I can get that one(only at 4th gym, but have a larvitar leveling up in the day care). I just got an ekans from trading too, so I can get the first se as soon as I can get the Move Relearner. I guess I'll see where Larvitar is(level wise) by the time I get to the move relearner.)

Hmmm, man I am torn. on what set to run with my Tyrantrum. The Poison Fang, Earthquake, Ice Fang, Fire Fang with Assault vest or Dragon Dance, Earthquake, Ice Fang, Fire Fang with Saftey Googles.

I like the DD one... but it's going to be quite awhile till I can get that one(only at 4th gym, but have a larvitar leveling up in the day care). I just got an ekans from trading too, so I can get the first se as soon as I can get the Move Relearner. I guess I'll see where Larvitar is(level wise) by the time I get to the move relearner.)
Why would you even use this thing if you're not going to use either of its stabs, both of which are among the best attacking types in the game?

Why would you even use this thing if you're not going to use either of its stabs, both of which are among the best attacking types in the game?
Ice Fang hits just as hard as Dragon Claw after the ability kicks in, and you don't need to worry about Fairies being immune.

And While I would like an ROck Move, if you're not using rock head, which I'm not, Head smash is out, leaving with iffy acc Stone edge or rock slide. Both are good, but I need an EQ user on my team, plus I get more coverage.

I'm having so much difficulties in deciding what moves to teach him on a DD set.

Tyrantrum - Adamant - 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Item: Expert Belt (?)

-Dragon Dance
-Ice Fangs
-Fire Fangs
-Head Smash

I'm missing out on crunch, earthquake, dragon claw and thunder fung. What do you guys think? And what is this guy exactly outspeeding after 1 DD boost?

I'm having so much difficulties in deciding what moves to teach him on a DD set.

-Dragon Dance
-Ice Fangs
-Fire Fangs
-Head Smash

I'm missing out on crunch, earthquake, dragon claw and thunder fung. What do you guys think? And what is this guy exactly outspeeding after 1 DD boost?
I asked that question myself, and got this answer:

Assuming 75 base speed, Tyrantrum will hit a final speed stat of 410 after a single Dragon Dance. This gives him enough speed to outrun anything with less than 140 base speed (everything without a scarf save electrode, deoxys-s, etc.) He will not, however, outrun anything with more than 75 base speed with full Spe EVs and a beneficial nature that holds a scarf. Think of him as on the level of DD Dragonite, with only a few points less in speed.
I... don't think you want to run Head smash on a DD set if you're not used ROck head... you are going to kill yourself VERY quickly. Replace it with EQ. And Ice Fang is better then dragon claw if you use strong jaws. You are slightly stronger, and you aren't stopped by fairies.

Crunch... while very powerful, I don't think is needed. With EQ, Ice Fang, and Fire Fang, you hit EVERYTHING Neutrally except Rotom Heat and Rotom Wash. You are SE against Electric, Rock, Steel, Fire, Flying, Dragon, Ground, Poison, Grass, Bug, and Ice. If you weren't going to run DD, you could replace it with Poison Fang that makes you SE against Fairies, Crunch gives you SE against Ghosts and Psychics, and Thunder Fang gives you SE against Waters. Rock moves don't add any SE, and with strong jaw, anything but Stone edge and Head smash will do just as much or more.

Missing out on that rock stab hurts a little, but I guess you might be right, though I'm afraid I wouldn't be capable of scoring some nice okho without head smash sheer power. Not like I'm going to use that a lot, and I already have 2 other earthquakers on the team. I guess I'll just give it a try and see what happens, thank you nonetheless!

Missing out on that rock stab hurts a little, but I guess you might be right, though I'm afraid I wouldn't be capable of scoring some nice okho without head smash sheer power. Not like I'm going to use that a lot, and I already have 2 other earthquakers on the team. I guess I'll just give it a try and see what happens, thank you nonetheless!
Well if you have other EQ's, then go for that sheer power head smash. I don't have any EQ's, so that's why I am going for that. STABed, DDed Head Smash will hurt ALOT, but just remember you will also be hurting ALOT

-Dragon Dance
-Ice Fangs
-Fire Fangs
-Head Smash

Well his base speed is 71, not 75 as it is state in the OP. I spent all day yesterday breeding Tyrunts until I got one with Max Atk IV's and Max Speed IV's and after EV training and leveling them up I can confirm is Atk and Speed are 121 and 71 respectively. This makes me believe that Serebii got the right stats on him being 82/121/119/69/59/71. That being said, an Adamant Tyrantrum with Max Speed after a DD boost will reach a speed of 361. This would allow him to speed tie with base 115 Pokemon with +Spe natures. This means he will speed tie with Starmie but be able to outspeed threats at base 108's like Terrakion and Keldeo and base 110's like Lati@s and Gengar. For comparison a Jolly Nature would reach a speed of 397 after a DD boost. This will allow him to outspeed up to base 130's which can be very helpful for getting pass Jolteon, Aerodactyl, and Mega Gengar.

Well his base speed is 71, not 75 as it is state in the OP. I spent all day yesterday breeding Tyrunts until I got one with Max Atk IV's and Max Speed IV's and after EV training and leveling them up I can confirm is Atk and Speed are 121 and 71 respectively. This makes me believe that Serebii got the right stats on him being 82/121/119/69/59/71. That being said, an Adamant Tyrantrum with Max Speed after a DD boost will reach a speed of 361. This would allow him to speed tie with base 115 Pokemon with +Spe natures. This means he will speed tie with Starmie but be able to outspeed threats at base 108's like Terrakion and Keldeo and base 110's like Lati@s and Gengar. For comparison a Jolly Nature would reach a speed of 397 after a DD boost. This will allow him to outspeed up to base 130's which can be very helpful for getting pass Jolteon, Aerodactyl, and Mega Gengar.
Thanks a lot for the calculations, very useful!

Gah, I meant to quote you before, but I missed you. Sorry.

But yeah, I would run an Adamant set myself just for more power.

This is how I plan on running him

Tyrantrum - Jolly - 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Item: ????????

-Head Smash
-Ice Fang
-Fire Fang
-Dragon Dance

Even with the recoil from Head Smash, I see it too good to pass. This is for double battles, so there`s always the chance that Tyrantrum managed to get in thanks to baton pass and has a substitute up. Maybe you run a supporter with wish to practically negate the recoil. I think this are things that should be considered too, not just what he does on his own (in relation to Head Smash).

This is how I plan on running him

Tyrantrum - Jolly - 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Item: ????????

-Head Smash
-Ice Fang
-Fire Fang
-Dragon Dance

Even with the recoil from Head Smash, I see it too good to pass. This is for double battles, so there`s always the chance that Tyrantrum managed to get in thanks to baton pass and has a substitute up. Maybe you run a supporter with wish to practically negate the recoil. I think this are things that should be considered too, not just what he does on his own (in relation to Head Smash).
Not a bad set. I do have wish support, and I am tempted to use head smash... but I don't have ANY EQ users on my team, and that is why I want to use EQ over a Rock attack. I still think either works for a set. Mine gives more coverage, your just hits things VERY hard.

But who knows, maybe I will replace EQ with head smash if I see the damage outpaces SE EQ's on electric, ROck, and Poison Types

Not a bad set. I do have wish support, and I am tempted to use head smash... but I don't have ANY EQ users on my team, and that is why I want to use EQ over a Rock attack. I still think either works for a set. Mine gives more coverage, your just hits things VERY hard.

But who knows, maybe I will replace EQ with head smash if I see the damage outpaces SE EQ's on electric, ROck, and Poison Types
What I dont know is what item to give him. I planned to run him with choice scarf for the speed...but if I can get the same results with Dragon Dance (DD) then I don`t see why I wouldn`t leave it open for another one. But then because of DD I now can`t run any of the other choice items...and life orb hurts him too much (because I run Head Smash), so what`s left to run?

Has anyone considered Scolipede or Blaziken as baton passers? Scolipede is interesting to me since he has a few new moves to experiment with, specially venom drench (lowers the opponent`s Attack, Sp. Atk, and Speed stats if they are poisoned), this coupled with the fact Scolipede has Speed Boost as his Hidden Ability might mean Tyrantrum can skip Dragon Dance and run any of the choice items if using this strategy. Plus, any threat to his life will have their damage and speed lowered.

Is it worth considering?

I keep seeing you say you have no EQ users. What is your team? Tyrantrum isn't the kind of mon that can get filler moves. He needs a specific coverage set to abuse his setup opportunity, not that EQ has bad coverage but that rock gives better and stronger. Tyrantrum can usually only afford to setup once, so he must make the best of it. Stab coverage is usually best.
Has anyone considered Scolipede or Blaziken as baton passers? Scolipede is interesting to me since he has a few new moves to experiment with, specially venom drench (lowers the opponent`s Attack, Sp. Atk, and Speed stats if they are poisoned), this coupled with the fact Scolipede has Speed Boost as his Hidden Ability might mean Tyrantrum can skip Dragon Dance and run any of the choice items if using this strategy. Plus, any threat to his life will have their damage and speed lowered.

Is it worth considering?
Baton passing is a valid strategy although I doubt blaziken and Tyrantrum will be in the same tier, but scolipede is a great idea. Speed passing with an additional SD thrown in is super deadly for the Dino to use. He also can come in on fire and flying moves directed to kill scolipede from the baton pass. Definitely a workable strategy

Why is everyone using Ice Fang???
STAB Dragon claw is Stronger, and has better coverage.

97.5 (Ice Fang) vs 120 (Dragon Claw)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)