Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did you manage this? Is there something i am missing about catching dittos with tons of perfect IV's? WHere and how is this achieved?
Find someone with a normal Friend Safari which contains Ditto. Each FS poke is guaranteed to have at least two perfect IVs, so getting a three-perfect is a matter of luck and patience.

For all of you trying to breed for froakie or eevee and the like, I'd recommend to breed some Woopers first
It's gender ratio makes replacing parents far easier, and it snatches the preset ivs of Lapras/Azurill and Lucario/Riolu just fine.
It took me only 3 boxes to get a 6V male wooper.

Do Pokemon lose their previous abilities when they mega evolve and gain another ability? Say a Mawile has sheer force and mega evolves and gains huge power. Will both abilities stack or will Mawile just have huge power now?

You have to have gone to Kiloude city, taken part in a challenge in the Battle Maison, gone to Anistar city and go to the big sparkly rock to speak to the professor, and then wait between 8-9PM and then the mega stones show up
To add to this, BlazingBarrager, you have to battle Serena after Battle Maison.

Gemneye — Just Huge Power. The Ability is replaced for the duration of the Mega Evolution.

On another note, does anyone know the chances of getting a Hidden Ability in the Friend Safari? I've caught 19 Volbeat and still no Prankster...

Gil4: Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks for the answer.

Last edited:
On another note, does anyone know the chances of getting a Hidden Ability in the Friend Safari? I've caught 19 Volbeat and still no Prankster...
You know that the friend with that safari has to be online for the hidden abilities to be available, right? Asking just in case, I was catching Imposter Dittos and I was getting one out of every 3-5 encounters.

Ok, quick question regarding IVs. I'm doing breeding at the moment, and mass hatching pokemon. Can IVs be effectively determined at lvl 1? I can obviously see that some of them have higher stats in X stat and lower in Y stat. It can't be nature influence because all of them are hatching the same nature (Ditto w/ everstone).

Ok, quick question regarding IVs. I'm doing breeding at the moment, and mass hatching pokemon. Can IVs be effectively determined at lvl 1? I can obviously see that some of them have higher stats in X stat and lower in Y stat. It can't be nature influence because all of them are hatching the same nature (Ditto w/ everstone).
go to kiloude city and talk to the man on the left hand side of the pokecenter, he will tell you which of your pokemons IVs are 31 and give you a hint as to its overall IV spread (relatively superior potential overall means it has multiple perfect stats)

he then says something like "i would say this pokemons greatest potential lies in its attack stat. its defense and special defense are equally good. stats like those cant be beat!"

you dont need to use an iv checker thanks to this guy, he will literally tell you every single 31 IV you have.

go to kiloude city and talk to the man on the left hand side of the pokecenter, he will tell you which of your pokemons IVs are 31 and give you a hint as to its overall IV spread (relatively superior potential overall means it has multiple perfect stats)

he then says something like "i would say this pokemons greatest potential lies in its attack stat. its defense and special defense are equally good. stats like those cant be beat!"

you dont need to use an iv checker thanks to this guy, he will literally tell you every single 31 IV you have.
Ah that is helpful. I have come across the guy before.

My main question right now though is I have about 50 lvl 1 Pokemon, and can I say that if one has a speed of 5 and the other has a speed of 7, does that guarantee that the speed IVs of one is lower?

i think the man is ONLY specific when you have a 31 or a 0, pretty sure you will have to use a calc if you want to know exactly how much you non-31, non-0 IVs are, but i could be wrong.

Ah that is helpful. I have come across the guy before.

My main question right now though is I have about 50 lvl 1 Pokemon, and can I say that if one has a speed of 5 and the other has a speed of 7, does that guarantee that the speed IVs of one is lower?
Of course you can, if they have a nature with the same effect on speed (you can compare hasty and jolly, but not hardy and brave)

ok i just got a Timid Protean Froakie (M) with 31/31/31/31/x/31 does anyone have a female protean froakie with max sp def and 2/3 other perfects? ^_^

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Has anyone tried breeding Freeze Dry onto any pokemon yet?
Freeze Dry, like Frost Breath, seems to be a move learned exclusively by Ice-type Pokemon. There are four Ice families in the Monster egg group - Lapras (also in Water 1), Snover (also in Grass), Amaura, and Bergmite. Of these, it's absolutely useless on the Bergmite line since they're Monster exclusive (like Amaura and Aurorus) and have awful Special Attack. It might be worth looking into for Abomasnow, although Abomasnow can already hit Water-types with STAB Grass and there are no other Ice-types in the Grass group. Lapras, however, could link Water 1 to the move if it gets it, letting Seel, Delibird (wtf), Spheal, and possibly Piplup (penguin).

I'll have to try out Lapras and Abomasnow, of course my Lapras is male though q.q

EDIT: There's also Smeargle but smurgul is dum

How do you pass spikes and sleeppowder to roselia using breeding method ? There is no cacnea in pokemon x to breed right ? I'm a noob of pokemon my last pokemon game is Yellow.. Is been awhile .... Thank you

Freeze Dry, like Frost Breath, seems to be a move learned exclusively by Ice-type Pokemon. There are four Ice families in the Monster egg group - Lapras (also in Water 1), Snover (also in Grass), Amaura, and Bergmite. Of these, it's absolutely useless on the Bergmite line since they're Monster exclusive (like Amaura and Aurorus) and have awful Special Attack. It might be worth looking into for Abomasnow, although Abomasnow can already hit Water-types with STAB Grass and there are no other Ice-types in the Grass group. Lapras, however, could link Water 1 to the move if it gets it, letting Seel, Delibird (wtf), Spheal, and possibly Piplup (penguin).

I'll have to try out Lapras and Abomasnow, of course my Lapras is male though q.q

EDIT: There's also Smeargle but smurgul is dum
Lapras and Abomasnow are the ones that really jump out at me. To me, I think Aboma makes the most sense since both it and Aurorus have Snow Warning. Is there a thread on the move already? I looked for it before but I didn't see anything and I'm not sure if I'm just missing it.

EDIT: I'm very lucky my Lapras is female lol.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
There's probably not a thread on Freeze Dry since for all we know it's entirely exclusive to Aurorus and doesn't need to be discussed outside of an Aurorus thread.

Hey guys first time poster looking for some opinions

I'm breeding currently for a light clay Bronzong with light screen/reflect/gyro ball/earthquake. In the current state of the metagame would heatproof be better than levitate? The amount of charizards and blazikens online lend weight to heatproof but ground immunity is always good to have. Thoughts?

What are the chances of the Bulky Excadrill Rapid Spin set being any good OU this gen?
Suppose it's too early to say but I figured I'd might aswell ask before I train my Drilbur (Has Mold Breaker)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)