Generation 6 IV Calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure why, but no one else seems to be updating their IV calcs yet. I have put all the Gen 6 Pokemon in along with changes to old Pokemon (denoted with (X/Y) at the end) that we know about.

http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/Calculators/IV.aspx

The base stat "estimates" seem to be good because we haven't had any invalid ones yet. There is one or two new characteristics that I haven't figured out yet, but the siestas one is already added.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hey MetalKid, didn't know you had an account here, that's pretty cool.

From my observations, "Nods off a lot" seems to be a characteristic that indicates HP being the highest IV. Incidentally, I've never seen a "Takes plenty of siestas" Pokémon without perfect HP, and I can't think of any characteristics that might have been removed besides "Often dozes off" which just happens to have a similar meaning to both of the new characteristcs. Once PokeBank opens up this'll get easier, but I'm almost wondering if Siestas indicates a 31 HP IV and only a 31 HP IV, and "Nods off a lot" indicates 1, 6, 11, 16, 21, and 26.

Wow, a sticky? I'm honored! :)

For now, the Siestas one I put as HP Mod 1 (so 1,6,11,16,21,26,31). As for the others, I would need to know the exact IVs of a Pokemon with each of those characteristics and I could figure it out easily.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
noticed that its hidden power still goes to 70 but besides that its pretty cool

edit: It also marked my 252 ev oh hp pangoro as impossible lol so its pretty much saying its too high (which is great). same thing with my mothim's atk but meh

Last edited:
awesome job, thanks for this
ive been looking for a good iv calculator and this is just what i wanted, now i dont have to rely on trops maths to get me by

Yeah, the hidden power attack power calculation will be there for Gen 5 and earlier. Since Gen 6 is always 60, I figured people would just ignore it anyway.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
oh its a constant 60 now? guess thats not too bad after all in game at least. But is it still able to calculate the hidden power's type correctly?

Yep. Hidden Power Type is totally unrelated to Hidden Power Attack Power. However, the Fairy type may screw it all up. Either Fairy cannot be a HP type (like normal) or it took a slice out of some other HP Type's pie... I have no idea about that yet, so using HP Type in the IV calc could be "risky". :)

Hey MetalKid, been using your calculator for years, thanks a lot!

Dunno if it could help you, but some stuff I heard about characteristics. Firstly, they were changed simply because they were mistranslated in previous gens. So it's more of a correction. Secondly, both reddit and now serebii say that "nods off a lot" = "often scatters things", and that seems likely, considering there was always a second similar characteristic - "scatters things often". That also corresponds with Arcticblast's observations earlier, with this characteristic being connected to HP. I've also seen few pokes with "scatters things often", but not a single one with "often scatters things". Lastly, I have a Goldeen here:

Lvl 25, Hasty, Nods off a lot.
HP: 64
Attack: 44
Defense: 32
Sp. Atk: 25
Sp. Def: 34
Speed: 46
Hidden Power type: Fire
"Above average potential", max IV's indeed in HP.

Contact me anytime, would be glad to help.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Has anyone figured out what "high and dry" and "is terrible" etc. imply? I realize they're not that important but it might be useful for Trick Room spreads and really situational Destiny Bond sets. And people seem to have a hard-on for giving already-weak special attackers 0 Attack IVs to minimize confusion damage.

Thanks a lot for the calculator, MetalKid! I've been using your calculators for a long time and they are the best of all I've tried. I was really, really happy when you updated yours for Gen VI monsters.

Thanks for the hard work!

Thanks. My site really needs a face lift. The last 2 years I've done nothing but web development with jQuery, Javascript, and Kendo UI (www.kendoui.com) [I'm actually a C# .NET programmer as a career]. I'm excited to show you guys what I can do nowadays! :) (It is just tough to find time when you have a 2 year old daughter running around...)

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
A simple guide to checking your Pokemon's IVs in X and Y:

Prerequisites:
- Have your Pokemon evaluated by the Judge in Kiloude City Pokemon Center
- Find out your Pokemon's Hidden Power from a man in Anistar City
- keep track of your Pokemon's EVs (or use a Reset Bag)
- use Metalkid's IV calculator: http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/Calculators/IV.aspx

If you have access to multiplayer battles:
- bring six Pokemon into a battle with another Trainer with the Level 50 rule set - they will be auto leveled to 50 and you can check their IVs

If you do not:
- have a few Rare Candies on you
- using Metalkid's IV calculator, record your Pokemon's stats each time you use a Rare Candy on it in the stat field (be sure to adjust the level!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)