Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know if Kecleon's Protean ability is "released"? I have him in the friend safari, and have found about 40 Kecleon so far, none of which have had their hidden ability. I've even tried while my friend from the safari was online. Perhaps it's just really rare, or I'm really unlucky, but after so many tries it's annoying. (btw I just attack it and see if it has color change)

LionPeach said:
how to pass moves such as spikes or stealth rock on ferrothorn or roselia ?
I'm not 100% certain but Klefki is in the same egg group as Ferrothorn and gets spikes by level up. Or you could use what was already mentioned.

Does anybody know if Kecleon's Protean ability is "released"? I have him in the friend safari, and have found about 40 Kecleon so far, none of which have had their hidden ability. I've even tried while my friend from the safari was online. Perhaps it's just really rare, or I'm really unlucky, but after so many tries it's annoying. (btw I just attack it and see if it has color change)
It's out. You're either having bad luck or your friend hasn't beaten the Elite Four yet.

Do Starly hordes on route 11 actually exist? I've been SS'ing all night and haven't seen a single one yet. Playing X if that matters.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Yes. I've done male Speed Boost Torchic + female Blaze Torchic and gotten Speed Boost eggs.
Can you please double check this please? You are the first person to say that have had success with this method of breeding. No other person has.

No. Breed male with ditto.
(or get a female protean froakie)
This is what should happen. Males can only pass down DW with a Ditto, females with whatever they like.

Is adaptability confirmed as dragalge hidden ability?
It is confirmed as much as tracing a Dragalge in the Battle Maison is confirmed. This does not mean it is released.

Besides Smeargle, any recommendations for a good "catcher" Pokemon? I was thinking Gallade due to its access to Hypnosis and False Swipe.
I use Honedge because it can take lots of hits and has excellent attack for False Swipe. Gallade is also a good shout for the reasons you listed.

You both have to have beaten the Elite 4 AND connected at least once over PSS (As in you have seen each other as "Online"). Then HA Pokemon should start appearing in your safaris to each other.

Do Starly hordes on route 11 actually exist? I've been SS'ing all night and haven't seen a single one yet. Playing X if that matters.
Yes they do, they are just very rare.

I'm unconvinced. They must be rarer than any other horde on any other route, or they don't show up and night or something. I have gone through over 200 hordes during the last 3 hours, and nothing. There must be something else to it. I don't think this is just bad luck.

Can anyone 100% confirm they show up at night on route 11?

how do we access more storage though?
In genV boxes are unlocked when you put some pokemon in the last box (or fill it? I don't remember) so it's probably the same now
Just confirming this. The more you use, the more you get.
I'm unconvinced. They must be rarer than any other horde on any other route, or they don't show up and night or something. I have gone through over 200 hordes during the last 3 hours, and nothing. There must be something else to it. I don't think this is just bad luck.

Can anyone 100% confirm they show up at night on route 11?
They probably don't actually. I've encountered them before, but only once and during the day time. You'd best try when it's light. I don't have any evidence that this is the case besides a feeling I get, but I've had to quit and start afresh later trying to get horde encounters anyway.

What would be an ideal part of the forum to ask for some team-building advice for XY OU, if I already have 3 of the 6 pokemon sorted and need help deciding on the remaining 3 (in particular a choice scarf user)?

I can't seem to find an ideal subforum here, and I don't have quite enough experience to guage what threats I should be looking out for.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this question isn't in the most ideal place.

In genV boxes are unlocked when you put some pokemon in the last box (or fill it? I don't remember) so it's probably the same now
Adding on to this, you have to have at least one pokemon in every box, then close down the PC. When you open it again you'll have more boxes. Repeat one more time to get the maximum amount of boxes (33 plus the battle box, I think. It allows you to store 1 of every discovered pokemon plus 6-7 extra boxes.)

Besides Smeargle, any recommendations for a good "catcher" Pokemon? I was thinking Gallade due to its access to Hypnosis and False Swipe.
Quacklin' the Farfetch'd has been my False Swiper/Flier for the entire game. Someone with Thunder Wave or a sleep inducing move would be preferable, however, Quacklin' is super easy to obtain and level up. Marowak with Thick Club is a good way to deal a lot of damage with False Swipe, though he still doesn't have useful status moves.

Can you please double check this please? You are the first person to say that have had success with this method of breeding. No other person has.
I'm in the middle of another breed and planned to go after the Maison afterwards, so I'll get to it later. But exactly how many people have said it doesn't work?

Just bred a 6/6 scyther with swarm I want to use the ability capsule to change it to technician but does it work like that. (Consumable)? Or is it a hold item.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Just bred a 6/6 scyther with swarm I want to use the ability capsule to change it to technician but does it work like that. (Consumable)? Or is it a hold item.
It does indeed work like that. It is used up after one usage of it.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Regarding Gems, some theories:

1. Some beaches get new items for you to find with the dowsing machine every day. Have we checked these thoroughly?
2. Has anyone researched Pickup in Gen VI yet?
3. Anyone try Rock Smash in caves?

Is the Lapras that you get on Route 12 fixed? The one I just got has a Docile Nature, and seems to have 31 in its HP IV and 20 in everything else. This is halfway decent for a one-off Pokémon, so I'm not sure if I want to reset a lot to get a better one. But with numbers that even, I figure it's possible that it is locked in, so I was wondering if anyone could fill me in on this before I actually try resetting.

Last edited:
Is the Lapras that you get on Route 12 fixed? The one I just got has a Docile Nature, and seems to have 31 in its HP IV and 20 in everything else. This is halfway decent for a one-off Pokémon, so I'm not sure if I want to reset a lot to get a better one. But with numbers that even, I figure it's possible that it is locked in, so I was wondering if anyone could fill me in on this before I actually try resetting.
Yeah its fixed.

Hello! I'm 3 2 Pokemon away from completing my Kalos Dex! After I've seen all 454 Pokemon, I think I get a breeding charm that increases egg production.

Would anyone be willing to show me a Taillow, Articuno, or Zapdos? The GTS is too difficult. I've tried multiple times. I could wait for the cafes but they've been showing me unhelpful things. Can anyone help a guy out? Thanks!

I'm actively trying for Taillow hordes but I keep getting rained out.

JUST ENCOUNTERED TAILLOW SWEET SYCAMORE

Edit: APPARENTLY you don't need the birds in the coastal Dex! I just got the oval charm. Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)