Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rephrasing, do i have to keep evolving togepi so that i can breed it?
Yeah, you're going to have to evolve it every time. Although, I think having it on the Poke Amie screen raises its happiness as you walk around and using it in Poke Amie itself seems to boost it as well.

Edit: To clarify, you don't normally have to do anything to your Pokemon for them to breed, but Togepi is a special case in that it can't breed.

Last time I bred pokemon, which wasn't for a while, you don't have to evolve to breed.
Togepi is a baby Pokemon, and cannot breed with anything.

Yeah, you're going to have to evolve it every time. Although, I think having it on the Poke Amie screen raises its happiness as you walk around and using it in Poke Amie itself seems to boost it as well.

Edit: To clarify, you don't normally have to do anything to your Pokemon for them to breed, but Togepi is a special case in that it can't breed.
I don't think Amie has anything to do with happiness. The affection thing in Amie is independant to the 'happiness' mechanic that's been around for years. Happiness is still obtained in the usual ways (walking around with the Pokemon, levelling it up, giving it the -EV + happiness berries etc...)

I don't think Amie has anything to do with happiness. The affection thing in Amie is independant to the 'happiness' mechanic that's been around for years. Happiness is still obtained in the usual ways (walking around with the Pokemon, levelling it up, giving it the -EV + happiness berries etc...)
Affection is independent to happiness, but either using Poke Amie or running around with your Pokemon on the Amie screen should increase happiness. I don't see any other way for my Eevee to get max happiness 4 levels after I caught it when I didn't do anything else to raise its happiness other than teaching it Dig and Return.

So. Series of stupid events and I ended up stuck with a Zygarde that I don't know to do with.

Bold
Hp: 31
Atk: 3
Def: 31
Sp.atk: 31
Sp.def: 31
Speed: 11

Suggestions?

Togepi is a baby Pokemon, and cannot breed with anything.

Yeah, I just ran laps around that central tower.

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
How does Destiny Knot and the Power items interact when breeding? Father has Destiny Knot, mother has Power Anklet. Does the speed stat get transferred from the mother and the destiny knot gives IVs for the other 5 stats or will speed be included in the Destiny Knot transfer sometimes.

I'm going to explain this as best as I can:

Okay, so my team are fully EV trained and most have 2+ IVs maxed out. Battling is scaled to Lv. 50

I'm wondering about even if my Pokemon are trained to LV 100, would their stats be reverted back to Lv. 50 or will they be slightly higher if they are above that level. Like, a Lv. 22 Vileplume scaled up to Lv. 50 be the same as a Lv. 90 Vileplume scaled down to Lv. 50?

I meant to ask this in the Item Clause thread before it got locked (not that I disagree with the mod who did that), but is VGC going to be a more "officially supported" metagame in XY than it has been previously? I would like to see a regular ladder for it with stats etc but understand if there are no plans for this

EDIT: I think I can answer this
I'm going to explain this as best as I can:

Okay, so my team are fully EV trained and most have 2+ IVs maxed out. Battling is scaled to Lv. 50

I'm wondering about even if my Pokemon are trained to LV 100, would their stats be reverted back to Lv. 50 or will they be slightly higher if they are above that level. Like, a Lv. 22 Vileplume scaled up to Lv. 50 be the same as a Lv. 90 Vileplume scaled down to Lv. 50?
I'm 97% confident that the only advantages to continuing to level up your Vileplume past 50 are
-to learn level-up moves that you want
-to max out its EV points

Level 22 Vileplume and level 90 Vileplume both scaled to level 50 will have the same stats except for any EV points it gained while leveling up in between those levels. So if you maxed out your EV points and have all the moves you want, stop leveling.

Ok, so I'm still pretty new to breeding and all of this stuff. Does anyone know how I can get stealth rock, sticky web, and spore onto smeargle?

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ok, so I'm still pretty new to breeding and all of this stuff. Does anyone know how I can get stealth rock, sticky web, and spore onto smeargle?
I'd say a place to get double battles, with partners that know the individual moves. Galvantula can learn sticky web, roggenrola can learn stealth rock, and amoonguss will learn spore. Cafe le wow will let you battle with all of these. Just have your partner use the move you want and smeargle can sketch it!

Ok so I have a kingdra. My plan was to run ice beam, flash cannon, dragon pulse and a water move for full coverage. However I think yawn might be a good idea, though I'd have to cut something. Flash cannon would take out fairies, dragon pulse would take out dragons, which are the two main opposing forces for kingdra. Any thoughts? All out attack or add some status things in there?

I don't intend to run swift swim yet, though I might drop rain dance on vaporeon for double battles.

Ok so I have a kingdra. My plan was to run ice beam, flash cannon, dragon pulse and a water move for full coverage. However I think yawn might be a good idea, though I'd have to cut something. Flash cannon would take out fairies, dragon pulse would take out dragons, which are the two main opposing forces for kingdra. Any thoughts? All out attack or add some status things in there?

I don't intend to run swift swim yet, though I might drop rain dance on vaporeon for double battles.
Use Surf, I dont think you need ice beam and Dragon Pulse, however.

Not sure if this belongs in the in-game section or here...

I have X version and will soon be soft resetting for Mewtwo. I just got myself a jolly Synchronizer and am looking for a Timid one. I'm just not sure if I should stick with a Jolly Mewtwo for physical or go for the Timid one to eventually use that one. I'm pretty sure I'll be restarting the game at some point soon (keeping the Mewtwo of course) but I'm not sure which to start with. The physical one has a pretty barren movepool and no decent physical STAB over 75 base power. Yeah leaning towards staying physical since I wouldn't have to trade this way and can stop farming Ralts that don't show up.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I know that the mother has 80% chance to pass down its ability, so that implies the father has a 20% chance to pass down his ability...however if both parents have, say, Protean, that doesnt stop you from getting 3/5 eggs with Torrent..

So I'm wondering, is it worth keeping my flawless Protean Male in the daycare, or should I trade it off, and use one of my many flawless Torrent Male in its place?
The father's ability is only taken into consideration when the other parent is a Ditto. In all other cases, it doesn't matter what ability the father has - there is an 80% chance of the mother's ability being passed down and a 20% chance of it not being passed down.

I am very new here so please excuse me if I don't seem to know what it is I am saying or whatever. Anyway, I'm very curious but has anyone got Hidden Power Fairy? The reason why I asked is because after confirming the IV's of all my main Pokemon I've used throughout the game, I have found that the IV matches the current hidden power calculation almost perfectly. All of my Pokemon were at lvl 90+ with a couple hitting 100 so I believe the IV spread is fairly accurate. Because of that, I was honestly wondering if anyone has Hidden Power Fairy. If so, this this theory of the hidden power calculator can just be ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)