Pokémon Azumarill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Does Sitrus Berry activate right on 50% or when you dip below 50? If it's the former then I think it's definitely the item of choice on the drummer. I don't think Mystic Water or Life Orb makes up for being unable to be revenged by Scizor or Talonflame imo.

Does Sitrus Berry activate right on 50% or when you dip below 50? If it's the former then I think it's definitely the item of choice on the drummer. I don't think Mystic Water or Life Orb makes up for being unable to be revenged by Scizor or Talonflame imo.
That is actually a really good point. I don't know if it's been tested, but in theory shell bell is something to look into if it got any sort of buff(who uses that item except Aron?).

I believe it activates at 50%... which would suck for me because I have my marill EVed with 248 HP to round down Spikes. lol

Another counter for Azumarill, Speed and attack invested adamant nature toxicroak with dry skin can easily take good care of azumarill, when azumarill start using aqua jet, he can absorb it and retaliate with poison jab. Now many players will keep either poison or steel type moves on one of their pokemon, just in case any fairy type show up.

When I used belly drum smeargle -> azumarill back in gen 4 I gave azumarill wacan berry to beat latias. Would probably work against heliolisk too.

Scizor's bullet punch is super effective against fairy type, even with priority aqua jet scizor outspeeds azumarill and will land 2 hits even if Azumarill doesnt belly drum. My question is there an EV spread that will allow Azumarill to take these hits and reply with a superpower?

Also can anyone confirm whether or not sitrus berry will activate when belly drum is used? Seems to be a common question that I have as well

Scizor's bullet punch is super effective against fairy type, even with priority aqua jet scizor outspeeds azumarill and will land 2 hits even if Azumarill doesnt belly drum. My question is there an EV spread that will allow Azumarill to take these hits and reply with a superpower?

Also can anyone confirm whether or not sitrus berry will activate when belly drum is used? Seems to be a common question that I have as well
Many Scizor have not run any Speed EVs in Gen V, so if that doesn't change Azumarill can put 124 EVs into Speed to OHKO Scizor with a +6 Aqua Jet before it lands a second Bullet Punch

And unless it was changed, Sitrus Berry would activate at 25% HP. Gluttony allows it to be used at 50% HP

Many Scizor have not run any Speed EVs in Gen V, so if that doesn't change Azumarill can put 124 EVs into Speed to OHKO Scizor with a +6 Aqua Jet before it lands a second Bullet Punch

And unless it was changed, Sitrus Berry would activate at 25% HP. Gluttony allows it to be used at 50% HP
According to the page on smogon here it says 'Sitrus Berry Restores the HP of the holder by 25% of its max HP when at 50% HP or less.' I'm just not sure if it can be exactly 50%, or has to be less.

Also if Azumarill is at +6 attack that means it would have belly drummed, and on that turn scizor will have already used a bullet punch, meaning that Azumarill cannot take a bullet punch and Belly Drum on the same turn I'm pretty sure. You're right though, that if scizor were to be switched into azumarill and azumarill has the 124 speed EV's then it would land the aqua jet. Would it be a OHKO though? Scizor is pretty beefy

Also if Azumarill is at +6 attack that means it would have belly drummed, and on that turn scizor will have already used a bullet punch, meaning that Azumarill cannot take a bullet punch and Belly Drum on the same turn I'm pretty sure. You're right though, that if scizor were to be switched into azumarill and azumarill has the 124 speed EV's then it would land the aqua jet. Would it be a OHKO though? Scizor is pretty beefy
252+ Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 128 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 130-154 (34.85 - 41.28%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Iron Plate Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 128 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 156-184 (41.82 - 49.32%) -- 28.13% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 128 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 169-200 (45.3 - 53.61%) -- 94.92% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 128 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 195-229 (52.27 - 61.39%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Scizor needs Iron Plate and full Attack investment to even consider the possibility of not allowing Azumarill to Belly Drum. If it has to switch in or it lacks a boosting item... good luck with that

+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 318-375 (92.44 - 109.01%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+6 252+ Atk Mystic Water Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 381-448 (110.75 - 130.23%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 128 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 130-154 (34.85 - 41.28%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Iron Plate Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 128 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 156-184 (41.82 - 49.32%) -- 28.13% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 128 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 169-200 (45.3 - 53.61%) -- 94.92% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 128 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 195-229 (52.27 - 61.39%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Scizor needs Iron Plate and full Attack investment to even consider the possibility of not allowing Azumarill to Belly Drum. If it has to switch in or it lacks a boosting item... good luck with that

+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 318-375 (92.44 - 109.01%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+6 252+ Atk Mystic Water Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 381-448 (110.75 - 130.23%) -- guaranteed OHKO
I'm guessing you forgot to include Azumarill's Fairy typing to the equation, so all damage received would be doubled right? So with life orb, and minimal speed investment on scizor, azumarill is pooched. Choice band scyther would be a OHKO :(

Actually not :P

I made Azumarill Water/Rock to make Steel neutral
Whoa this is news to me!! Belly Drum Azumarill really is crazy good, only weak to poison, grass, and electric. It's probably worth those extra speed EV's to outspeed scyther hey? I'm guessing that is why you used 128 hp, to account for that? Thanks for doing these calc's,they help a lot.

Now we just need to find out if belly drum triggers that sitrus berry :D

So, umm... is OP ever going to update with a potential Bellydrum set?

If I'm getting this right, it's gonna look like this?

Azumarill @ Mystic Water
Adamant
Huge Power
? HP/252 Attack/128 Speed
-Belly Drum
-Aqua Jet
-Rough Play
-Superpower

Superpower is probably a bad idea on a boosting set. The more Azumarill uses it, the harder of a time it has OHKOing with Aqua Jet.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Superpower is probably a bad idea on a boosting set. The more Azumarill uses it, the harder of a time it has OHKOing with Aqua Jet.
Waterfall actually OHKOes Ferrothorn at +6 after SR and 1 layer of Spikes, so after SR and just a tad bit of extra residual damage, Ferrothorn is easily OHKOed by Waterfall, so there's not much of a reason to ever run Superpower TBH. Besides, you can just pair it with something like Magnezone or a Spiker to guarantee that OHKO no problem. Superpower is really only a last resort move on teams that have no other means of disposing Ferrothorn properly before Azumarill can sweep, because otherwise Waterfall is better for other bulky Steel-types like Skarmory and Forretress, without having to use Superpower.

Water resists steel, thus Bullet Punch is neutral on Azumarill.

have we talked about the how much damage azu would take from energy ball from zam while wearing tac vest?
252 SpA Alakazam Energy Ball (90 BP) vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 162-192 (40.09 - 47.52%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

By the way, it's "Assault Vest", not "Tactical Vest".

252 SpA Alakazam Energy Ball (90 BP) vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 162-192 (40.09 - 47.52%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

By the way, it's "Assault Vest", not "Tactical Vest".
ah thank you for the correction.... I don't know where that cane from. But a there hit k.o. Is way more than enough to handle handle zam. I still do not think it is better than mystic water tho... But then again it depends on what your playing

My perfect Marill hatched today, Adamant with 31IVs in the six stats. (and Huge Power ofc)

At the moment, he's lvl56 and I start to play with him with that set:

Azumarill@Splash Plate
Adamant
132HP/252Atk/124Speed
-Belly drum
-Aqua-Jet
-Rough Play
-Superpower

That's really cool when I have to use Aqua-Jet or Rough Play but it don't work well when I have to use Superpower.
What can I use instead of that move? Must I choose Waterfall?

I'm trying to build a good team around this Azumarill, but I don't know which Pokemons can I add to form a nice core...
Maybe something with Mega-Gengar... If someone have an idea.. Tell me :)

One important thing to note is that this thing gets belly drum, that along with aqua jet and solid defense completely tears everything apart. If it comes in on a move like outrage it gets a free set up and your team gets sweeped.

My perfect Marill hatched today, Adamant with 31IVs in the six stats. (and Huge Power ofc)

At the moment, he's lvl56 and I start to play with him with that set:

Azumarill@Splash Plate
Adamant
132HP/252Atk/124Speed
-Belly drum
-Aqua-Jet
-Rough Play
-Superpower

That's really cool when I have to use Aqua-Jet or Rough Play but it don't work well when I have to use Superpower.
What can I use instead of that move? Must I choose Waterfall?
You don't actually need Superpower :P

+6 252+ Atk Splash Plate Huge Power Azumarill Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 48+ Def Ferrothorn: 263-310 (74.71 - 88.06%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

(It's a 2HKO even against a 252/252+ spread)

And every other Steel gets mercilessly obliterated by a +6 Waterfall. Even Slowbro is 2HKOed by Waterfall, and...

+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 248 HP / 248+ Def Slowbro: 483-568 (122.9 - 144.52%) -- guaranteed OHKO

ES Dragonite/Lucario (And Zygarde, I guess) obviously poop on Bellydrum Azumarill, so she needs some support to deal with these, in addition to defog/rapid spin support obviously.

I've never really had problems with BD Azumarill on Showdown, granted I do run ES Dnite on a lot of teams.

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Bellyjet Azumarill demolished my team on wifi battles, maybe Unaware Quagsire which doesn't care about the attack boost could stop him:

0 Atk Quagsire Earthquake vs. 132 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 114-135 (30.48 - 36.09%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

(+6) 252+ Atk Mystic Water Huge Power Azumarill Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Quagsire: 153-181 (38.83 - 45.93%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
(+6) 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill (Play Rough) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 144-169 (36.54 - 42.89%) -- 98.63% chance to 3HKO (gave him normal typing with custom normal 90 BP move. )
It's close, but if you bring in Quagsire while Azumarill belly drums, you can get the 2HKO from earthquake before Azumarill 3HKOs with waterfall or play rough, given that the Quagsire has not taken previous damage.
And this is all under the assumption that you're willing to run Quagsire of course

Swoobat is a much better Unaware user, especially as an Azumarill counter.

It has Energy Ball.

Or you know! Talonflame!

252+ Atk Sky Plate (custom) Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 228-268 (56.43 - 66.33%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

That's enough to OHKO after a Bellydrum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)